As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Squale hate? Or just the 1545

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Squale hate? Or just the 1545

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

I've always wanted a Squale, especially in blue, I love the 1521 a lot but recently I purchased a 1545 Blueray from Gnomon. Quite a bit of cost savings over the 1521. I really do love the watch, the blue is gorgeous, the finishing is great, accurate at about +5
s/d consistently, the bracelet is extremely comfortable but one thing I'm having a hard time getting over after I bought it; is it too much of a copy? I mean it definitely is a homage but what is the consensus on the 1545s guys? Love them, hate them or tolerate them? Thanks for any feedback!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

PetrosD
MoT Member

Re: Squale hate? Or just the 1545

Post by PetrosD »

I love mine. Mine is the 1545 30 Atmos Ceramics, so it's the larger 42mm case size with a ceramic bezel.ImageImageImageImage
sistem_32
MoT Member

Post by sistem_32 »

Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:45 pm I've always wanted a Squale, especially in blue, I love the 1521 a lot but recently I purchased a 1545 Blueray from Gnomon. Quite a bit of cost savings over the 1521. I really do love the watch, the blue is gorgeous, the finishing is great, accurate at about +5
s/d consistently, the bracelet is extremely comfortable but one thing I'm having a hard time getting over after I bought it; is it too much of a copy? I mean it definitely is a homage but what is the consensus on the 1545s guys? Love them, hate them or tolerate them? Thanks for any feedback!

I've previously expressed my strong dislike for all replicas and I make no exception for Squale. I'm disappointed that a brand capable of producing such an attractive watch as the 1521 and with such historicity would stoop to producing a Submariner wanna-be. They designed for Blancpain for Pete's sake, they don't need to pretend to be Rolex.

Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

sistem_32 wrote:
Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:45 pm I've always wanted a Squale, especially in blue, I love the 1521 a lot but recently I purchased a 1545 Blueray from Gnomon. Quite a bit of cost savings over the 1521. I really do love the watch, the blue is gorgeous, the finishing is great, accurate at about +5

I've previously expressed my strong dislike for all replicas and I make no exception for Squale. I'm disappointed that a brand capable of producing such an attractive watch as the 1521 and with such historicity would stoop to producing a Submariner wanna-be. They designed for Blancpain for Pete's sake, they don't need to pretend to be Rolex.

I appreciate your point of view on the matter. I believe they are "love or hate".

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I have no problem with a company making Sub homages -- there is certainly a market for it. It's just not my cup of tea. I think 30/50/60/100 atmos lines all look objectively better. I had a 1521 and loved it.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

The only reason I’m on the hate side is because of Squale the business. They just suck on so many levels.

That said, I love some of the watches. My favorite is the 101. I love them. If I’m willing to forgo real service and fall back on my personal service network, maybe I’ll do it again. I love the 101.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

It won't be for everyone but this looks killer IMO:

I wish that watch were 38mm?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Boourns wrote:It won't be for everyone but this looks killer IMO:

Works with the red GMT hand.