We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SOTC - Thinking about blowing (most of) it up. Ideas wanted.

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: SOTC - Thinking about blowing (most of) it up. Ideas wanted.

Post by watchpalooza »

Boourns wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am I am thinking 4 watches it the way to go -- the CW, the Hamilton, the new daily driver, and then the G shock or something similar that is a true beater. You make a good point, @AndroidIsAwesome. The watch I have reallyyyyy wanted forever is a 114270 Explorer, but that is like triple my budget. I suppose I could just continue down the road for a year or two and shoot for that.

@yinzburgher That skin diver is a vintage Osco that @watchpalooza found on ebay in the vintage deals thread. It unfortunately gummed up a couple of weeks ago and now stops around the 30-40 second area, so I either need to get it looked at or move on.

Thanks to all who have replied. I am still ruminating on what to do, but there is no rush to decide anything. Always welcome to more ideas!
That is really unfortunate about the Osco. I hope it is a easy fix.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

So I have been thinking long and hard about this, and this morning I. . .

bought a yellow Scurfa on WUS. :?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Boourns wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:12 pm So I have been thinking long and hard about this, and this morning I. . .

bought a yellow Scurfa on WUS. :?
Ha! Maybe not exactly as planned but I think the yellow is a good looking diver. I forgot to come back to this thread but I actually like your collection as is. If it were my collection, I would probably get rid of the Bulova, the Nezumi, and maybe the skin diver if I didn't wear it. I would maybe also move the Seiko 5 along but I know you got that pretty recently so I'm not sure I would advise that for you. That leaves you with IMO an awesome collection. The CW, Hammy, G-Shock, calculator, Presage, Zelos, and now the Scurfa. I'm never 100% content bc there is always more cool stuff out there but that is a collection I could smile about for sure. I tend to enjoy having a larger collection more than others. And I would probably get less satisfaction out of a luxury or entry-level luxury piece than most others. But if I were to blow it up as you say to get down to 4 pieces, I would maybe do 1 of 2 things. 1) CW, G-Shock, Zelos, Sinn 856. 2) CW, G-Shock, HKFM, and the blue B&R.