Talked someone into a new watch?!? Post here

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Talked someone into a new watch?!? Post here

Post by Robotaz »

There's nowhere to logically post this, so I'm starting a thread. I'll probably be the only one who comes back to post here because I talk people into watches all the time.

Today a guy pulling CAT 6 cable through my office ceiling had on the classic Swiss Army watch like I got in high school many years ago. I complimented his watch and I wound up convincing him he needs an INOX with the beater plastic clip on the outside that he can wear to work and take it off to go to the restaurant. We even watched the bulldozer running over the INOX video. He's excited.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Talked someone into a new watch?!? Post here

Post by BostonCharlie »

Good idea for a thread.

At [a] G-Shock event a guy walked in to just look around but was surprised at the hubbub. I was nearby so he asked what was going on. After I explained, he said, no, he wasn't a G-Shock guy, etc. I replied that I wasn't either, at first, etc. Later I catch up with him and he's carrying around an Origin Gold 35th anniversary square -- a favorite of mine. He's beginning to feel the tug yet still feels uncertain. I begin to explain just what makes that model so worthy and he's growing more interested as I go. He looked pretty close to pulling the trigger. I don't know if he ever did, but I like to think so.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Talked someone into a new watch?!? Post here

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Interesting story haha. The 5035 is my first and currently only g shock. I wear it whenever I don't want to think about scratching or breaking my watch.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole