We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: 2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by yinzburgher »

pdsf wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 am
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:55 am 100% agree. It was my first thought. Same for the Murph. They are all great looking watches that are just a tad too big. Sames thoughts from the W&W readers too in the comments below the article. I wonder if these big companies ever read the comments for those articles. There is definitely a disconnect and I have no idea why.
@yinzburgher, first of all, big thanks for your numerous contributions. Where on earth do you find the time? :)

With regard to your comment, I wonder if WISs or those who comment do not always represent the bulk of these companies' target audience and clientele. I am clueless about these things...
You're welcome. I enjoy browsing and reading articles and scrolling through IG, so I come across plenty of new releases. I bookmark them and then post them when I'm able. It doesn't take a great deal time to post them here. It's mostly copy and paste. I'm going to try to continue posting at least one a day, even when I work long hours. And that will still leave many more that I won't get to. This thread won't be at the top of many lists of search results, but I like the idea that someone might google a particular watch and find this thread.......and then choose to browse the forum and eventually participate. It was really cool to see a new member join recently just because he was googling traveling watches and he thought that Dub Rubb's Sdelka thread was great. Would love to see the same thing happen with this thread......somebody wondering "where can I go to see all the newest watches coming out?" Or better yet, somebody that thinks "where can I go to post about new releases and discuss them with other people?" Anyway, I enjoy posting here when I have the time. 👍

I've heard people in the watch industry say things like that so I guess that's at least part of it. Otherwise, I'm also clueless.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

Rabirnie wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:38 am
yinzburgher wrote:Worn and Wound has profiled a pair of upcoming titanium Hamilton Khaki Field watches in the article linked below. They are not up on the Hamilton site yet but they should be available for purchase in March.

HAMILTON’S LATEST FIELD WATCH MIXES OLD AND NEW IN TITANIUM

Details and Specifications

Case Material: Titanium
Dial: Silver, black
Dimensions: 42mm
Crystal: Sapphire
Water Resistance: 100 meters
Crown: Push/pull
Movement: Hamilton H-10
Strap/bracelet: Leather
Price: Approximately $945-$995
Reference Number: H70665533 (PVD); H70545550
Expected Release: March

Why must these be 42mm? Surely, a 38mm case would have been perfect for this watch. Both iterations look solid, but the size is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. They seem to do this with many/most of their coolest designs. Super irritating. Happened with the Murph too.
Rixsler86
MoT Member

2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Rixsler86 »

Falling in love with these new Hack watches from Bulova. 38 mm. A bit tall but wears very nice on the wrist. Mine are 7.5 inches. (Yinzburgher had mentioned these earlier but here are some wrist shots)
Image 96A246
98A255

Last edited by Rixsler86 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikon Z6

Tudor Black Bay Steel
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Breitling Chronomat
Alpina Alpiner Extreme
Bulova x Complecto Jet Star
Brew Retromatic Copper
Fossil Mickey Mouse
Ernest Borel Athletic
Casio GWB5600AR-1
G-Shock DW5040PG
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 am
pdsf wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 am
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:55 am 100% agree. It was my first thought. Same for the Murph. They are all great looking watches that are just a tad too big. Sames thoughts from the W&W readers too in the comments below the article. I wonder if these big companies ever read the comments for those articles. There is definitely a disconnect and I have no idea why.
@yinzburgher, first of all, big thanks for your numerous contributions. Where on earth do you find the time? :)

With regard to your comment, I wonder if WISs or those who comment do not always represent the bulk of these companies' target audience and clientele. I am clueless about these things...
You're welcome. I enjoy browsing and reading articles and scrolling through IG, so I come across plenty of new releases. I bookmark them and then post them when I'm able. It doesn't take a great deal time to post them here. It's mostly copy and paste. I'm going to try to continue posting at least one a day, even when I work long hours. And that will still leave many more that I won't get to. This thread won't be at the top of many lists of search results, but I like the idea that someone might google a particular watch and find this thread.......and then choose to browse the forum and eventually participate. It was really cool to see a new member join recently just because he was googling traveling watches and he thought that Dub Rubb's Sdelka thread was great. Would love to see the same thing happen with this thread......somebody wondering "where can I go to see all the newest watches coming out?" Or better yet, somebody that thinks "where can I go to post about new releases and discuss them with other people?" Anyway, I enjoy posting here when I have the time. 👍

I've heard people in the watch industry say things like that so I guess that's at least part of it. Otherwise, I'm also clueless.
Wow, that's a great goal for the thread! It's thread like this one (as well as the watch deal thread) that is pulling me away from "that other place." 8-)
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:16 am
yellowbear wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:33 pm Timex "Q" M79 Automatic in a Batman colorway coming soon:

Details from Ocarat: https://ocarat.com/montre-timex-batman- ... 58174.html

Some more info is up on the Timex site....and you can sign up to be notified when the M79 arrives. TW2U29500

https://www.timex.com/the-timex-blog/me ... matic.html

Available from Timex UK but still not on the US site.

https://www.timex.co.uk/m79-automatic-4 ... nytx283hq2

Edit: And now it's up on the US site.

https://www.timex.com/m79-automatic-40m ... 500ZV.html

A BLOG TO WATCH

WORN & WOUND
Last edited by yinzburgher on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Bell & Ross has introduced three new watches to their vintage-inspired line-up. All three of them look great to me.

AERONAVALE BRONZE LINK HERE

Bell & Ross BRV2-94 Aéronavale Bronze
Ref. BRV294-BLU-BR/SF
Case diameter: 41 mm
Material: Bronze (CuAI7Si2)
Water resistance: 100 m
Movement: BR-CAL.301 (based on ETA 2894)
Features: Time, date, and chronograph with 30-minute register
Frequency: 28,800 beats per hour (4 Hz)
Winding: Automatic
Power reserve: 42 hours
Strap: Elastic canvas “MN” style
Limited edition: 999 pieces
Availability: From end-April 2020
Price: US$5,200, or 7,800 Singapore dollars

GMT BLUE LINK HERE

Bell & Ross BRV2-93 GMT Blue
Ref. BRV293-BLU-ST/SF or /SST
Material: Steel
Movement: BR-CAL.303 (based on ETA 2893)
Features: Hours, minutes, seconds, date, and additional 24-hour hand
Strap: Elastic canvas “MN” style or steel bracelet
Availability: From February 2020
Price: US$3200 on strap; US$3,500 on bracelet (or 4,600 and 5,100 Singapore dollars respectively)

MILITARY GREEN LINK HERE

Bell & Ross BRV2-92 Military Green
Ref. BRV292-MKA-ST/SF or /SST
Movement: BR-CAL.302 (based on Sellita SW300-1)
Features: Hours, minutes, seconds, and date
Availability: From end-March 2020
Price: US$2,990 on strap; US$3,300 on bracelet (or 4,300 and 4,800 Singapore dollars respectively)

WORN & WOUND

WATCHES BY SJX

MONOCHROME WATCHES

A BLOG TO WATCH
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

^ Really love that GMT.

All, but especially the chrono, would look better no date. At least the wheel matches.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:58 am Bell & Ross has introduced three new watches to their vintage-inspired line-up. All three of them look great to me.

AERONAVALE BRONZE LINK HERE

Bell & Ross BRV2-94 Aéronavale Bronze
Ref. BRV294-BLU-BR/SF
Material: Bronze (CuAI7Si2)
Movement: BR-CAL.301 (based on ETA 2894)
Features: Time, date, and chronograph with 30-minute register
Strap: Elastic canvas “MN” style
Limited edition: 999 pieces
Availability: From end-April 2020
Price: US$5,200, or 7,800 Singapore dollars

GMT BLUE LINK HERE

Bell & Ross BRV2-93 GMT Blue
Ref. BRV293-BLU-ST/SF or /SST
Movement: BR-CAL.303 (based on ETA 2893)
Features: Hours, minutes, seconds, date, and additional 24-hour hand
Availability: From February 2020
Price: US$3200 on strap; US$3,500 on bracelet (or 4,600 and 5,100 Singapore dollars respectively)

MILITARY GREEN LINK HERE

Bell & Ross BRV2-92 Military Green
Ref. BRV292-MKA-ST/SF or /SST
Movement: BR-CAL.302 (based on Sellita SW300-1)
Features: Hours, minutes, seconds, and date
Availability: From end-March 2020
Price: US$2,990 on strap; US$3,300 on bracelet (or 4,300 and 4,800 Singapore dollars respectively)

WORN & WOUND

WATCHES BY SJX

MONOCHROME WATCHES

A BLOG TO WATCH
Love the aesthetics but I can't get past a base Sellita movement and aluminum bezel at that price (even at street price) when clearly microbrands are stepping up with every upcoming release.
praetor

Post by praetor »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 am I've heard people in the watch industry say things like that so I guess that's at least part of it. Otherwise, I'm also clueless.
and yet they keep selling fewer and fewer watches.

i mean, jesus, people! just offer them in 2-3 sizes! it's not that difficult. we're talking about the big boys here, not some random microbrand :cry:

i sometimes seriously question the sanity of some of these watchmakers. what's their thought process? like "hmmm.. let's make it so big that we'll exclude a sizeable chunk of our already shrinking customer base!". makes total sense, right? "you want size options? here's very big and huge, choose wisely!" :x

(Grand) Seiko and Hamilton are probably the worst in this case. the latter is pretty well covered on the last few pages (though i'd like to rant about their insanely long lugs... why? just why? i can understand on the 38mm models, but on the bigger ones...), while the former is just... ugh. like "here, we'll make a diver that goes toe to toe with Rolex... but will make it 4mm bigger and a couple mm thicker because reasons! it cannot be that people choose the Subbie because it has a perfect size that fits well on pretty much every wrist, right? it's not doing well? hmm... let's make a fancy diver under our regular Seiko brand then, we can compete with Omega, Tag and all the rest... but make it only in a huge 44mm, and don't forget to make it extra chunky and heavy! if it's under 15mm of thickness for a mere 300m of WR, i won't approve of it, Jerry-san!". and that's without even mentioning all those super cool Presages with stunning dials ruined by obese cases

yes, i'm super salty about watch sizing :lol:

/rant, sorry :D
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

praetor wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:16 am
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 am I've heard people in the watch industry say things like that so I guess that's at least part of it. Otherwise, I'm also clueless.
and yet they keep selling fewer and fewer watches.

i mean, jesus, people! just offer them in 2-3 sizes! it's not that difficult. we're talking about the big boys here, not some random microbrand :cry:

i sometimes seriously question the sanity of some of these watchmakers. what's their thought process? like "hmmm.. let's make it so big that we'll exclude a sizeable chunk of our already shrinking customer base!". makes total sense, right? "you want size options? here's very big and huge, choose wisely!" :x

(Grand) Seiko and Hamilton are probably the worst in this case. the latter is pretty well covered on the last few pages (though i'd like to rant about their insanely long lugs... why? just why? i can understand on the 38mm models, but on the bigger ones...), while the former is just... ugh. like "here, we'll make a diver that goes toe to toe with Rolex... but will make it 4mm bigger and a couple mm thicker because reasons! it cannot be that people choose the Subbie because it has a perfect size that fits well on pretty much every wrist, right? it's not doing well? hmm... let's make a fancy diver under our regular Seiko brand then, we can compete with Omega, Tag and all the rest... but make it only in a huge 44mm, and don't forget to make it extra chunky and heavy! if it's under 15mm of thickness for a mere 300m of WR, i won't approve of it, Jerry-san!". and that's without even mentioning all those super cool Presages with stunning dials ruined by obese cases

yes, i'm super salty about watch sizing :lol:

/rant, sorry :D
Amen, brother!!! It's a particular shame with Seiko/Grand Seiko. From a form factor standpoint, I think some of the Presages would actually look better with a smaller dial size. Anyway, what do I know? I am not a professional. :) I try to look on the bright side of life - all these big sizes are saving me lots of money. Yeah, please don't make a SD diver in a smaller size. :)
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Saw this on the Zelos Facebook page. Looks like Elshan is getting ready to release the Hammerhead Chrono in 2 weeks or so.
Pricing starts at $800 for regular dials.
ImageImageImage

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

18.5mm :shock:
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Boourns wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:25 am18.5mm :shock:
:shock: indeed.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

[mention]Boourns[/mention]'s signature :lol: :lol:
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

pdsf wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 am @Boourns's signature :lol: :lol:
At first I was joking, but then I saw those Bell & Ross releases were 41mm so I just did it.