As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Post a pic/photo of a great-looking vintage watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Post a pic/photo of a great-looking vintage watch

Post by yinzburgher »

A 1960s Zodiac Aerospace GMT Ref. 752 934B For The Middle Eastern Market for sale over at the 'dink.

A bit of a different way to track the second time zone.
The rotating bezel has numbers one through 12 similar to that of the Sea Wolf, rather than 24 hours like a conventional GMT watch. The two hour hands are actually formed from a single, dual-sided hand, with home time indicated in silver and local time in red. As a result, home time will always follow the local time by six hours. In order to set the second time zone, you must rotate the 12-hour bezel to the desired time zone marked by the silver side of the hour hand. Then, the hour of the second time zone will correspond to where the silver hand indicates on the bezel.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

😲 A tropical dial "Ed White" 1965 Omega Speedmaster Ref. 105.003. LINK TO THE DINK. FOR SALE - ONLY $48,750

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

7B20C63F-B08A-4B50-9D9C-B8610B76AE28.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

watchpalooza wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:58 am 7B20C63F-B08A-4B50-9D9C-B8610B76AE28.jpeg
This thing is awesome. The case shape reminds me of a Rado Diastar. The toothpaste lume looks really cool too. I would love to own one of these, or a Diastar for that matter.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:32 am
watchpalooza wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:58 am 7B20C63F-B08A-4B50-9D9C-B8610B76AE28.jpeg
This thing is awesome. The case shape reminds me of a Rado Diastar. The toothpaste lume looks really cool too. I would love to own one of these, or a Diastar for that matter.
I am debating whether Or not to polish the case. Generally I do not polish my watches, but this one is a mirror finish with no brushing and scratches not too deep. Part of me likes the character of a watch that shows age, but I also think this one may look great with a bit of light restoration. What do you think?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:53 am
I am debating whether Or not to polish the case. Generally I do not polish my watches, but this one is a mirror finish with no brushing and scratches not too deep. Part of me likes the character of a watch that shows age, but I also think this one may look great with a bit of light restoration. What do you think?
Tough call. Normally I would say no to polishing it. But I might consider it for this. Not just for the reasons you mentioned, but also because I think I might actually be able to get the polished bezel surface back to a nice finish without ruining or losing the sharpness of that edge. I'm sure you've done more of this but I'm not skilled with that stuff. So if it was any more difficult than a case like this, I'd be too worried I'd screw it up. But it's a cool watch so I know I'd enjoy it either way.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:43 am

Tough call. Normally I would say no to polishing it. But I might consider it for this. Not just for the reasons you mentioned, but also because I think I might actually be able to get the polished bezel surface back to a nice finish without ruining or losing the sharpness of that edge. I'm sure you've done more of this but I'm not skilled with that stuff. So if it was any more difficult than a case like this, I'd be too worried I'd screw it up. But it's a cool watch so I know I'd enjoy it either way.
Alright, I decided to do it.
597726E6-9D27-42B5-A97A-0852468C5867.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

watchpalooza wrote:
yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:43 am

Alright, I decided to do it.
597726E6-9D27-42B5-A97A-0852468C5867.jpeg
Not sure how I would view it had I not seen the prior pic, but having seen it, it appears to me like it's lost its fine aged vintage character. Curious how you see it.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

CVP33 wrote:Image
I can't see some of the pics you post on tapatalk, anyone else have this issue?

Interesting, I can now see it on my post. Go figure.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I'm still really loving this watch. It kinda got me into vintage watches lately. I especially like the thick crystal on it

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

How about a picture of a great vintage movement?

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »