glycine-direct on ebay

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

glycine-direct on ebay

Post by yinzburgher »

Anyone else notice glycine-direct's new pricing on ebay? Not sure what to think. I was hoping we were seeing a new normal.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Wristwatches/3 ... ct&_sop=15

Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: glycine-direct on ebay

Post by Robotaz »

I don’t blame them.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Good catch. This will be interesting to monitor. Could be she’s just raising prices to reset expectations, so she can lower them again later to make them seem again like a bargain (I’d note that she previously always had multiple listings of the same model watch, some at high prices, some at low). But, who knows, maybe this is a return to normality after what had been a long period of slash and burn pricing.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Yep I noticed the other day when someone posted the glycine moon phase on massdrop (or somewhere). I posted that there where cheaper options on eBay from Glycine direct. A while later I checked and the prices on eBay had increased.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Some of the pricing we see must put some noses out of joint. Like Casio selling DW5600 on eBay for $39 awhile back (it's now $42, Amazon: $44). Retailers must complain.

For a few days I noticed that Amazon had no DW5600s in stock. My imagination ran with it: maybe Amazon was refusing to buy any more from Casio in protest, just to send a message. OTOH, the GWM5610 direct from Casio is still $80, where Amazon's is $93.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I think the fact that the sharpest of the discounts went on for probably over a month rather than just a few days made me think that we were seeing a new pricing structure. Also because it came after a buy-out by Invicta, it made me wonder if they taking a more Invicta approach to their prices. Or maybe it was nothing more than clearing old stock. I just would have preferred it if they did this after I picked up a 40mm Airman GMT.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am I think the fact that the sharpest of the discounts went on for probably over a month rather than just a few days made me think that we were seeing a new pricing structure. Also because it came after a buy-out by Invicta, it made me wonder if they taking a more Invicta approach to their prices. Or maybe it was nothing more than clearing old stock. I just would have preferred it if they did this after I picked up a 40mm Airman GMT.
I've owned Glycines and followed them since about 2010. We noticed the trend about two years before Invicta. Darrel Spencer at upscaletime.com was having the brand new Airfighters for $1,000 on his website and on eBay.

I'm not sure what they're doing, but I really don't think Invicta has anything to do with it.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

It looks like some of the prices on some of the models are starting to return to the vicinity of where they had been previously. So I'd think it's just cyclical pricing, sometimes up, sometimes down, to preserve the sense of there being a bargain whenever it goes low.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ohhenry1 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 am It looks like some of the prices on some of the models are starting to return to the vicinity of where they had been previously. So I'd think it's just cyclical pricing, sometimes up, sometimes down, to preserve the sense of there being a bargain whenever it goes low.
Dammit your right! Now I don't know what's going on. Maybe they're just messing with me. Now If you'll excuse me I think I go post a Glycine deal. :lol: