As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Notice Anything Unusual?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Notice Anything Unusual?

Post by PetWatch »

Let's see how many posts it takes to find the oddity, this should be an easy one.

Bul.jpg
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: Notice Anything Unusual?

Post by peskydonut »

PetWatch wrote:Let's see how many posts it takes to find the oddity, this should be an easy one.

Bul.jpg
You're not wearing pants!
Living a comeback montage.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

peskydonut wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm
PetWatch wrote:Let's see how many posts it takes to find the oddity, this should be an easy one.

Bul.jpg
Hmmm. That could be it......or that could be normal for PW. I'm wondering if it is just a trick to make me feel stupid. I feel like that dude in Mall Rats just staring at the picture. Isofrane-style rubber dive strap paired with a heritage-inspired military field watch? I'm not criticizing but that's my best guess. Otherwise looks like a normal pic to me. 🤔
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Nice try gents, I'll spare you the pants or no pants pic. Keep trying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

6 o'clock portion of the strap looks as though it is reversed. There are no vertical grooves showing on that half of the strap. That took way too long to notice for a former self-proclaimed photo hunt champion.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:12 pm 6 o'clock portion of the strap looks as though it is reversed. There are no vertical grooves showing on that half of the strap. That took way too long to notice for a former self-proclaimed photo hunt champion.
Living a comeback montage.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

yinzburgher wrote:6 o'clock portion of the strap looks as though it is reversed. There are no vertical grooves showing on that half of the strap. That took way too long to notice for a former self-proclaimed photo hunt champion.
Ding ding ding ding! 3rd try for the team. Not bad.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Notice Anything Unusual?

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:
peskydonut wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Bul.jpg
Hmmm. That could be it......or that could be normal for PW. I'm wondering if it is just a trick to make me feel stupid. I feel like that dude in Mall Rats just staring at the picture. Isofrane-style rubber dive strap paired with a heritage-inspired military field watch? I'm not criticizing but that's my best guess. Otherwise looks like a normal pic to me. [emoji848]
Was it a schooner?
Last edited by Sporkboy on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 am
yinzburgher wrote:
peskydonut wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm You're not wearing pants!
Hmmm. That could be it......or that could be normal for PW. I'm wondering if it is just a trick to make me feel stupid. I feel like that dude in Mall Rats just staring at the picture. Isofrane-style rubber dive strap paired with a heritage-inspired military field watch? I'm not criticizing but that's my best guess. Otherwise looks like a normal pic to me. [emoji848]
Was is a schooner?
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

The second hand is only slightly (6 sec) past minute while the minute hand is more than halfway to the 34 minute mark.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

rich_in_the_lou wrote:The second hand is only slightly (6 sec) past minute while the minute hand is more than halfway to the 34 minute mark.
Good eye, but that's due to the photo angle.

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

The outer track: are the ten-second-increment numbers printed in two or three different colors?
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

tommy_boy wrote:The outer track: are the ten-second-increment numbers printed in two or three different colors?
Two, white, some in shadow, and salmon reddish for the 60.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I know this challenge is done, but I want to call out that the matching date wheel struck me as odd. Shouldn’t it be a standard white so that we can have something to complain about?
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

20200328_104605.jpg