As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Post by PetWatch »

It's certainly not a G-Shock but at $8.84 I can't complain. No sticker price Shock either. Strap has the stiffness of resin but it has a soft grippy texture. We'll see how this beater hold up.Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Marathon by Timex Mid-Size Watch.
Lowest has been is USD 8.49 but now at USD 10.97. Looks to be a very small watch with case size of 33.5mm
Link below
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Sorry for the terrible pics. These were at the Walmart at 1721 N Custer, McKinney Texas. I've always wanted a Super Illuminator, too, but I passed it by. As you can tell I didn't inspect them closely. Googling around, I'm guessing that the one on the right is the MTD1082D-2AV: Screw-back case, robez, 100m WR.

casios.jpg
casios.jpg (64.53 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:34 pm Sorry for the terrible pics. These were at the Walmart at 1721 N Custer, McKinney Texas. I've always wanted a Super Illuminator, too, but I passed it by. As you can tell I didn't inspect them closely. Googling around, I'm guessing that the one on the right is the MTD1082D-2AV: Screw-back case, robez, 100m WR.

casios.jpg
I don't get to Walmart very often but I always try to remember to check out the watches when I do. To date, I've still never come across one of these Casio clearance sales. I'm not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to it, but I'm still hoping to get lucky one of these times. I would have definitely picked up the chronograph, probably both. Good deals!
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:31 pm
BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:34 pm Sorry for the terrible pics. These were at the Walmart at 1721 N Custer, McKinney Texas. I've always wanted a Super Illuminator, too, but I passed it by. As you can tell I didn't inspect them closely. Googling around, I'm guessing that the one on the right is the MTD1082D-2AV: Screw-back case, robez, 100m WR.

casios.jpg
I don't get to Walmart very often but I always try to remember to check out the watches when I do. To date, I've still never come across one of these Casio clearance sales. I'm not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to it, but I'm still hoping to get lucky one of these times. I would have definitely picked up the chronograph, probably both. Good deals!
It seems like clearance watch selection and price varies widely depending on the individual Walmart store. Each store seems to put their clearance watches in different places, too -- the store where I found my $5 MRW-200H keeps clearance watches a couples aisles away from the watch dept., for example. It's a bit of an Easter egg hunt. This is based only on the few stores in my area, of course.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Attachments
casio.jpg
casio.jpg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 5349 times
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
Attachments
91cjByHqwLL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:35 pm
Hidden Content
Wow, already gone! Thanks for posting regardless, Yinz!
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Hidden Content
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I keep checking for Timex deals daily at about 4:35am EST every morning, but you guys are seeing deals that I don’t. Any idea as to when the Amazon algorithm drops prices in the mornings?

I may just breakdown and set up auto searches and figure out email to text notifications. I am pretty sure I can do this for specific models via camel camel camel notifications, but I am not sure how to do it for a general search for a brand of watches under a certain price.

Any ideas?
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Answering your question. I have no clue! but...

Yesterday.. Miggy posted super deal for the Midget with an additional $5 coupon Luxury Bazar
This is a really good deal for the Midget. Considering how much is just the strap...

I hate this interface!!!

Also via L. B. They have the black Cali Dial JDM for a pretty good price.. Sub $100 but way to small for me. 34mm SS case.

:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

HOw About them Apples?

ImageCasio Deal by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageCasio by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
There are usually a good number of Armitron Sport models under $20. The model that most commonly drops to $5 on Amazon is the 40/8309, another 50mm behemoth. These don't really appeal to me bc of the size but I still think they're a great deal at that price.

The Armitron Sport that definitely does appeal to me is this 40-6623BLK Instalite. It's a much more manageable 40mm. I keep hoping it will drop to $5 too but I'll likely have to pay a whopping $15 to $20 for it. :shock: And I'll still probably have to shell out some money for a rubber strap from AliEx bc I don't think that nylon and velcro will work well for me.

They used to make the above watch with a rubber strap as well. It's the watch I was hunting for on ebay when I came across an older well-used Instalite that I couldn't resist. $7 well spent!

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

ImageCasio by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Hidden Content