As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:48 am This $4.99 (with free shipping!) deal is back at Certified Watch Store with code BDBFICE. There are 4 models to choose from. Seen below is ICE Sunshine Orange watch, model SUN.NOE.U.S.13., which may or may not arrive with a dead battery. Click it.

This deal $4.99 ICE deal is back at CWS, this time with code ICEMOON. Ten models available. ⬇️

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:29 am
yinzburgher wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:48 am This $4.99 (with free shipping!) deal is back at Certified Watch Store with code BDBFICE. There are 4 models to choose from. Seen below is ICE Sunshine Orange watch, model SUN.NOE.U.S.13., which may or may not arrive with a dead battery. Click it.

This deal $4.99 ICE deal is back at CWS, this time with code ICEMOON. Ten models available. ⬇️

Please note that these are pretty small. The 40mm one may be OK, but my daughter wears one of the smaller ones and she is 4. I will need to measure tonight.

The bezel action is impressive on these. Screw down case back is good. For a $20 watch, it is pretty good, for $5 it is a great stocking stuffer or fun summer watch. Great for kids as they love the bezel click. Probably one of the better bezel clicks that I have played with (not many). Strap is OK and it is a plastic case, but it is still pretty cool.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:50 am
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:29 am

Please note that these are pretty small. The 40mm one may be OK, but my daughter wears one of the smaller ones and she is 4. I will need to measure tonight.

The bezel action is impressive on these. Screw down case back is good. For a $20 watch, it is pretty good, for $5 it is a great stocking stuffer or fun summer watch. Great for kids as they love the bezel click. Probably one of the better bezel clicks that I have played with (not many). Strap is OK and it is a plastic case, but it is still pretty cool.
Looks like my soon to be 3 year old daughter will have an ICE watch to terrorize and twist the bezel! Thank you to [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] and [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] for the deal and the background info.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 am
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Nice catch!
Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:45 am Ashford currently has two Timex MK1 models available for just $19.99 using code AFFTM20. Shipping is free. Both models are stainless steel. 40mm case. 47mm lug to lug. 11mm thick. 20mm lug width. Indiglo and a leather strap. Choose from reference TW2R96800 with the cream/beige dial or reference TW2R96700 with the black dial and bronze-tone case. ⬇️

Great prices for these - very tempting. It’s the shipping cost to Aus that hurts us.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

EDIT: now sold out, but there are similar deals to be had from the same source, by the same method.

We've seen some Timex MK1 deals in here lately, but I don't believe we've ever seen a Timex MK1 CHRONOGRAPH dip below the $20 threshold.

Until now. How does $15.99, with free shipping, sound? (VERIFIED)

Link to deal: https://www.ashford.com/timex/tw2t10600.html

Use coupon code ASHTW20 to get the 20% discount (off of $19.99) and the free shipping.

NOTES: 40mm diameter; copper tone aluminum case (so it should be feather light); domed acrylic crystal for better and for worse; Timex's chronograph movements are known to quiet compared to their infamously loud 3-hander movements.

There are also other all-time great (yes, even greater than before!), super affordable Timex deals to be had on Ashford using the same coupon code (please dig around), but this was the one that stood out to me the most.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ohhenry1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:05 am EDIT: now sold out, but there are similar deals to be had from the same source, by the same method.

We've seen some Timex MK1 deals in here lately, but I don't believe we've ever seen a Timex MK1 CHRONOGRAPH dip below the $20 threshold.

Use coupon code ASHTW20 to get the 20% discount (off of $19.99) and the free shipping.

NOTES: 40mm diameter; copper tone aluminum case (so it should be feather light); domed acrylic crystal for better and for worse; Timex's chronograph movements are known to quiet compared to their infamously loud 3-hander movements.

There are also other all-time great (yes, even greater than before!), super affordable Timex deals to be had on Ashford using the same coupon code (please dig around), but this was the one that stood out to me the most.
A great deal on this, but I was too slow and it is out of stock. I guess it is the world telling me I didn’t need it.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Amazon Warehouse Casio. Click the See All Buying Options button on the page linked below and it should be at the very top.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D0YCYQK/ref=olp_dp_redir

casio.jpg
casio.jpg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 5471 times
Southern_Horology

Post by Southern_Horology »

Oh man, new member here. I'm going to like this place... love a deal!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Southern_Horology wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:22 am Oh man, new member here. I'm going to like this place... love a deal!

Howdy, neighbor!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Southern_Horology

Post by Southern_Horology »

TheJohnP wrote:
Southern_Horology wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:22 am Oh man, new member here. I'm going to like this place... love a deal!

Howdy, neighbor!
Howdy! [emoji16]

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

$10 33mm Timex Marathon:

https://www.amazon.com/Timex-TW5M14400- ... 078WYJPKZ/

timex.jpg
timex.jpg (61.17 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

ohhenry1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:05 am EDIT: now sold out, but there are similar deals to be had from the same source, by the same method.

ASHTW20 seems to still work: it took 20% off the Timex in my cart at Ashford. I had to give them my info before the discount appeared.

That takes this 36mm Waterbury under $20, incl. free shipping (tested):

https://www.ashford.com/timex/tw2p95700.html

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:49 am

ASHTW20 seems to still work: it took 20% off the Timex in my cart at Ashford. I had to give them my info before the discount appeared.

That takes this 36mm Waterbury under $20, incl. free shipping (tested):

https://www.ashford.com/timex/tw2p95700.html

I think the price on this blue Waterbury model TW2P95700 has dropped yet again. With the above code, it now comes down to $15.99 a pop. So of course I had to buy 2 :roll: , one to rock and one to stock.....or possibly to gift. I know this is listed as 36mm women's watch on a few sites, but it's actually 38mm which is a good size for me. 18mm lug width unfortunately but I think I have a couple straps that will work. Thanks for posting, fellow cheapskates!