Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:03 pm Image
Details, details, my man! I'm guessing that you went with the 42mm and purchased locally?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:07 pm Details, details, my man! I'm guessing that you went with the 42mm and purchased locally?
Yes, it's the 42mm. Width is not a problem at all, it's the lug to lug at 51mm. I think 47 would be perfect. It wears bigger in pictures and in real life. However, it's very comfortable and looks great when I look down at my wrist. The 36mm may have fit better, but it was too difficult to find one in person to try on.

I got it from my local AD. While they didn't match Robson's price, I was able to negotiate down. I really couldn't wait, my wife and I were getting cabin fever and needed to get out of the house. She went to Warby Parker and got new glasses while I waited in the car with the kids. Then I got to go into the AD and try on watches. Never a good idea, especially when you have the itch for a specific watch. I just got a promotion (one I never thought I'd get) at my firm and I'm justifying the purchase to commemorate it.

I also tried this on...

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:20 pm
Split-Time wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:07 pm Details, details, my man! I'm guessing that you went with the 42mm and purchased locally?
Yes, it's the 42mm. Width is not a problem at all, it's the lug to lug at 51mm. I think 47 would be perfect. It wears bigger in pictures and in real life. However, it's very comfortable and looks great when I look down at my wrist. The 36mm may have fit better, but it was too difficult to find one in person to try on.

I got it from my local AD. While they didn't match Robson's price, I was able to negotiate down. I really couldn't wait, my wife and I were getting cabin fever and needed to get out of the house. She went to Warby Parker and got new glasses while I waited in the car with the kids. Then I got to go into the AD and try on watches. Never a good idea, especially when you have the itch for a specific watch. I just got a promotion (one I never thought I'd get) at my firm and I'm justifying the purchase to commemorate it.

I also tried this on...

Congratulations on the promotion! That is great to hear. As for the watch, I really like it 8-) . I wasn't aware of that model until you started looking at them...or if I was, I didn't know about the 36mm. The smaller size would appeal to me, but I know what you mean about needing to try one one on.
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

chubbledouble wrote:
gormless wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:25 am
chubbledouble wrote:Yema Superman Heritage 63, apologies for the funky reflection
I've been lusting over this! A bit worried about Yema's QC and whether I'll like it as much when I get it (happened with my Christopher Ward C65 GMT. Wanted it so badly but was underwhelmed when I finally got it. I still like it, but i don't love it).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I know what you mean. I was torn between the Yema and an Oris 65. I've heard bad things about their QC too but I figured that since it runs on a Sellita 200, I can always have the movement serviced elsewhere (not sure if I would've pulled the trigger if it had their in-house movement). Luckily, my watch doesn't have any weird misalignment or something else. I really like it so far, wears a lot like a CW 65 case. My only complaint would be the bracelet, more specifically the clasp. It works fine and all but I would have liked to see a bit more thought go into it.
I thought that the bracelet looks great although I may be more tempted with the coffin link one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

New to me. SW220 motor. Made here in Portland.

38mm Ti case, produced in its limited run with an easily-scratched chemically-washed finish. I had them blast the finish off.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

tommy_boy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:41 pm New to me. SW220 motor. Made here in Portland.

38mm Ti case, produced in its limited run with an easily-scratched chemically-washed finish. I had them blast the finish off.

Paging [mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] might this be a watch you're looking for?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

tommy_boy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:41 pm New to me. SW220 motor. Made here in Portland.

Ohhhh that looks very nice actually. I like quite a few of the models they make
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

8-)

ImageImage
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

For the money, this is really cool. All stainless steel, and the LEDs are a lot clearer in person.

[mention]Impulse[/mention]
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Impulse
MoT Member

Post by Impulse »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:19 pm For the money, this is really cool. All stainless steel, and the LEDs are a lot clearer in person.

@Impulse
Looks awesome! Think I might be getting one.
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:19 pm For the money, this is really cool. All stainless steel, and the LEDs are a lot clearer in person.

@Impulse
Really does look a lot better in real pictures. Nice!!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Not mine; my wife's. But you know I had to try it on and I'll definitely be stealing it on occasion. She loves it and told me to take it off so I don't stretch the strap... Hahaha. Big shout out to James at [mention]riveredgejewelers[/mention].

The dial and strap are extremely cool. They're holographic and change colors. It's also a lot more vibrant in real life.

ImageImage
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Just got my everest expedition. Overall quite impressed. Feels solid, bracelet is good, clasp is nothing special though. I also have the book from 1958 about the expedition Edmund Hillary wore the original watch for in Antarctica. The 20mm lugs mean this watch is a strap monster. It also comes with a nice leather strap with a cool roller buckle. Overall, if there's one timefactors watch to get I think this is the one. It's a homage done right, the dial print is very crisp, the dial itself is well thought out and the thermally blued hands look very good. I like the attention to detail with the seconds hand where the lume part sweeps just over the logo, but the counter balance sweeps just under. The lume is fair but nothing insane. And the caseback is super basic, although they do have individual serial numbers engraved. Even after paying $40+ shipping and another $80 import fee I feel it was worth the money. Sure it's a pain trying to buy one, but this one is worth the pain in my opinion. Also shoutout to [mention]Landed_Alien[/mention] for reminding me when these were available, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten one.

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »