We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
caktaylor
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by caktaylor »

OK, my last outstanding purchase was delivered yesterday. It the Tissot PR100 quartz chronometer. I set it against atomic time last night. So far, it has lost zero seconds.

I’ve wanted a PR100 for a few years now, and I think the chronometer aspect makes it somewhat unique among the numerous variants of the model.

I haven’t sized the bracelet yet. I may keep it in the box for a while, just in case the price drops further before the return window closes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

This was a private sale on Reddit- like new condition Citizen Brycen Chronograph. Really, really like it so far. It's 44mm which I was hesitant about on my flat 7" wrist, but it wears way more compact than I thought. Doesn't stand out or look too big in my eyes at all.
I love the cream dial and the orange accents. Timekeeping is flawless of course with the quartz Eco Drive movement. I think it's a keeper, though I would still like a panda/evil panda chronograph someday too.
The picture makes it look like a dinner plate on my wrist. That's just angle. I should get a better one sometime lol.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Finally got to open my Mido Ocean star Titanium I bought for myself as a Christmas gift during the last eBay sale! This thing is awesome in every way, the crown is a bit small but otherwise incredible watch. Super lightweight, I know it's an expensive watch but it feels way more expensive than the msrp even.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
frog1996
MoT Member

Post by frog1996 »

Glycine Combat 6 42mmImageImage

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Posted more photos and details in the WRUW thread, but here's one of the watches I got for Christmas, a Heitis panda chronograph. Couldn't be happier with it. Image

Sent by shortwave radio via Tapatalk Heathkit Edition

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:12 pm Finally got to open my Mido Ocean star Titanium I bought for myself as a Christmas gift during the last eBay sale! This thing is awesome in every way, the crown is a bit small but otherwise incredible watch. Super lightweight, I know it's an expensive watch but it feels way more expensive than the msrp even.
Nice one! I am a huge fan of Mido‘s...great watches and I think underappreciated generally. Love the ocean star line...I have one in the states that is an early release. Cork!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Picked up this khaki mechanical with last week's ebay 15% off coupon -- $192 delivered. Lighting isn't cooperating today, so apologies for the glare-fest.

I wish that watch were 38mm?
frog1996
MoT Member

Post by frog1996 »

CVP33 wrote:Arrived today......more chunky diver goodness compliments of the sold out Helm diver. Thanks to WUS/Ramirez1970 for a painless transaction. And the hyptnotizing Seiko SRPB77. I fought this damned Seiko presage bandwagon for way too long. Now all I can think of is time to go find SRPB41 for cheap. Enough babbling.....picture time!

Props on the Helm...I own 2 of their watches and really look like them. They have a new one coming out in February 2019.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Thanks @frog1996. I'm chasing the Hamtun right now. Can't seem to find one.....

In the mean time my Zelos SkyRaider arrived today.

And the un-boxing. Those of you that have never bought a Zelos and those new, up-and-coming micro-brands......take note. This is how it's done.

1) Beautiful Watch
2) Packed within a heavy-duty, ziplock bag
3) Placed within a custom logo'd, 4 compartment, leather watch roll
4) Neatly packed within an engraved logo wood presentation box with magnetic closure
5) Protected by a logo'd, heavy-duty sleeve
6) All delivered within a perfect fit, cardboard delivery box with no room for rubbing or damaging the contents.

Just typing/reading all that gives you an appreciation for how the watches are packed. Within the watch roll you'll find a very nicely finished strap to contrast the leather strap and a bronze warranty card about the thickness of a credit card. I gotta say, better than any presentation I've ever seen short of some Panerai boxes.

As for the watch. I'll avoid the cliche that "pictures don't do it justice"....because with most watches, simply living up to the marketing-hyped photos is challenge enough. I can tell you and you can tell, by the cell phone pictures below, this watch delivers. The case, that dial, the finish on the indices, the lumed dial and crown (geezus that LUME) and finally a fully decorated hand-winder ETA 6498 (I may actually pull the sicker off the back for a change), all secured to the wrist with a USA made, horween tapered leather strap with engraved bronze buckle. I'm gobsmacked.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

CVP33 wrote:Thanks @frog1996. I'm chasing the Hamtun right now. Can't seem to find one.....

And the un-boxing. Those of you that have never bought a Zelos and those new, up-and-coming micro-brands......take note. This is how it's done.

1) Beautiful Watch
4) Neatly packed within an engraved logo wood presentation box with magnetic closure
6) All delivered within a perfect fit, cardboard delivery box with no room for rubbing or damaging the contents.

Just typing/reading all that gives you an appreciation for how the watches are packed. Within the watch roll you'll find a very nicely finished strap to contrast the leather strap and a bronze warranty card about the thickness of a credit card. I gotta say, better than any presentation I've ever seen short of some Panerai boxes.

As for the watch. I'll avoid the cliche that "pictures don't do it justice"....because with most watches, simply living up to the marketing-hyped photos is challenge enough. I can tell you and you can tell, by the cell phone pictures below, this watch delivers. The case, that dial, the finish on the indices, the lumed dial and crown (geezus that LUME) and finally a fully decorated hand-winder ETA 6498 (I may actually pull the sicker off the back for a change), all secured to the wrist with a USA made, horween tapered leather strap with engraved bronze buckle. I'm gobsmacked.
I love Zelos. When I got my emerald mako I liked it so much that I bought the teal one too.

Have you gotten your Boldr Venture already? Mine is still shipping but almost here.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

@AIA, yup. Great little watch, especially the titanium part. You can't even feel that you're wearing it. The Momentum was nice as well. Different, but in a good way. As for the Zelos...I got it bad. Ordered the Great White (Blue/Bronze) when it released, chased a Mako (Anthrancite/Bronze) on the 2nd hand market and couldn't believe I found it in exactly the color-way I would've ordered. Really nicely done watches and total package.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Never owned a Zelos. Just haven’t been able to keep up with all the micros. They look great though.
Blue
MoT Member

Post by Blue »

My eBay deal Seiko Presage power reserve arrived today.

I'm smitten by the beautiful dial, but less so by the "leather" strap. I'll most likely pick up the new Strapcode jubilee bracelet... it looks stunning and will elevate this watch to a whole new level (IMO).

She's surprisingly beefy... measuring at a bit over 13mm with that wonderful domed crystal (mineral).

The size is perfect (for my wrist). Digging the power reserve and date complication.

Pro: display caseback
Con: Not the prettiest movement :P

For reference against the Blumas I was wearing today.

“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.” ― Akira Kurosawa
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

CVP33 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:37 pm @AIA, yup. Great little watch, especially the titanium part. You can't even feel that you're wearing it. The Momentum was nice as well. Different, but in a good way. As for the Zelos...I got it bad. Ordered the Great White (Blue/Bronze) when it released, chased a Mako (Anthrancite/Bronze) on the 2nd hand market and couldn't believe I found it in exactly the color-way I would've ordered. Really nicely done watches and total package.
I was also blown away by Zelos when I got my Mako II. The details from packaging to internals are incredibly well done. As far as micros go, they are IMO top tier.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
WhichWatch?
MoT Member

Post by WhichWatch? »

CVP33 wrote:Thanks @frog1996. I'm chasing the Hamtun right now. Can't seem to find one.....

1) Beautiful Watch

Stunning. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk