We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Sporkboy »

Bbrou33 wrote:So I purchased a Citizen Nighthawk and decided that the first time is wear it would be during my trip in Jerusalem.
I have to be honest, while I liked the look of the watch, I was nervous about whether or not I'd actually enjoy it since I'm not a huge fan of quartz. Boy was I wrong! I have loved every ticking second of having this watch on my wrist! The bracelet is phenomenal for the price. Watch is really easy to read despite the complex dial and inner bezel. The second time zone really comes in handy when it's needed. And it just looks and feels great! It can pull off the most casual of outfits as well as dressing up with a sporty flair!
This guy will certainly stay on my wrist often

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have admired this watch for about 2 years now, bit 42 is past my 40mm limit. I really need to find one to try on someplace. The blue one that was available via Costco for ~$160 if I recall correctly. I am just sure that with my 6 1/2 wrist that it wouldn’t end well. I will need to look up the L2L on this.

joelf15
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by joelf15 »

Bbrou33 wrote:So I purchased a Citizen Nighthawk and decided that the first time is wear it would be during my trip in Jerusalem.
I have to be honest, while I liked the look of the watch, I was nervous about whether or not I'd actually enjoy it since I'm not a huge fan of quartz. Boy was I wrong! I have loved every ticking second of having this watch on my wrist! The bracelet is phenomenal for the price. Watch is really easy to read despite the complex dial and inner bezel. The second time zone really comes in handy when it's needed. And it just looks and feels great! It can pull off the most casual of outfits as well as dressing up with a sporty flair!

ImageImageImageImage

I used to think like you until I got the blue angels and it's a beautiful watch the dial complexity is intriguing and how they achieve the legibility of reading the time really amazed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Bbrou33 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:08 am So I purchased a Citizen Nighthawk and decided that the first time is wear it would be during my trip in Jerusalem.

ImageImageImageImage

Looks good! How is the alignment of the second hand to the indices and tick marks (always my first thought with quartz)?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

These seem to be harder to find lately and I'm pleased to have finally gotten my hands on one (Japan made too) for a decent price during the 11.11 singles day sales.

Loving how it wears so far and the angular case. Not so hot about the bracelet even though I hunted this model down partly for it (instead of the SRPB53). The clasp has the cheap "tinny" sound but I'm glad it doesn't have the shiny slivers that my sumo's bracelet does.

Would love to get it on a navy and red Crafter Blue strap but they seem to be sold out everywhere.Image

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

watchpalooza wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:08 am So I purchased a Citizen Nighthawk and decided that the first time is wear it would be during my trip in Jerusalem.

ImageImageImageImage

Looks good! How is the alignment of the second hand to the indices and tick marks (always my first thought with quartz)?
From what I can tell it hits each mark well. I don't have it with me now but I've done a lot of staring at it and haven't noticed it being off.

Sporkboy wrote: I have admired this watch for about 2 years now, bit 42 is past my 40mm limit. I really need to find one to try on someplace. The blue one that was available via Costco for ~$160 if I recall correctly. I am just sure that with my 6 1/2 wrist that it wouldn’t end well. I will need to look up the L2L on this.
Well I have roughly a 6.5 incher! I was worried about that size too but fits just fine to me. I think L2L is 47mm which my limit there tends to be close to 50-52ish.

Insta me: bbrou33
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

My Minuteman A11 Field Watch delivered today.

Like the size, like the finish, like the handset, like that it appears the Ameriquartz movement is hitting all the markers.
Not too thrilled by the very thick and very stiff two strap NATO. But that's so easy to replace.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Bbrou33 wrote:
watchpalooza wrote:

ImageImageImageImage

From what I can tell it hits each mark well. I don't have it with me now but I've done a lot of staring at it and haven't noticed it being off.

Sporkboy wrote: I have admired this watch for about 2 years now, bit 42 is past my 40mm limit. I really need to find one to try on someplace. The blue one that was available via Costco for ~$160 if I recall correctly. I am just sure that with my 6 1/2 wrist that it wouldn’t end well. I will need to look up the L2L on this.
Well I have roughly a 6.5 incher! I was worried about that size too but fits just fine to me. I think L2L is 47mm which my limit there tends to be close to 50-52ish.

That is good/dangerous to know. That isn’t good for my watch budget. I will need to start selling stuff. The watch is all dial, but what a dial.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Just picked up a Railmaster at the AD. Got a great price. Was going back and forth between this and the 1957 Railmaster. My wife made the final decision. Image
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Stretch44 wrote:Just picked up a Railmaster at the AD. Got a great price. Was going back and forth between this and the 1957 Railmaster. My wife made the final decision. Image
Congratulations! What an awesome wife!.. I mean watch.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:39 pm
Stretch44 wrote:Just picked up a Railmaster at the AD. Got a great price. Was going back and forth between this and the 1957 Railmaster. My wife made the final decision. Image
Congratulations! What an awesome wife!.. I mean watch.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you! She is an amazing wife!
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Why, hello there Mr.$5

k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

Just picked up an old Vostok. Early 80's I think. Running like a champ.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

That’s pretty cool looking. Always dig a tuxedo dial.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

Thanks MoT. And thanks for giving us a great place to hang out.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

k.crabbe wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:55 am Thanks MoT. And thanks for giving us a great place to hang out.

I'll pass that thanks back to you and all the other members who've decided to be a part of this site.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody