We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Posted this Montegrappa deal at Ashford the other day--cost just over $40 with tax and shipping. Looks a hell of a lot nicer in person than on the web page, where the hands didn't seem to show off well against the dial. The slightly off-center date is my fault--since corrected.
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 5.15.49 PM.png
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I was hoping this would get here before the meetup, but it just arrived now. Cool watch, but not sure if it's a keeper yet.

SNJ018

Living a comeback montage.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

peskydonut wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:34 pm I was hoping this would get here before the meetup, but it just arrived now. Cool watch, but not sure if it's a keeper yet.

SNJ018

----

That's a busy watch. How big is the manual to understand it?
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:43 pm
peskydonut wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:34 pm I was hoping this would get here before the meetup, but it just arrived now. Cool watch, but not sure if it's a keeper yet.

SNJ018

----

That's a busy watch. How big is the manual to understand it?
That it is. 33 pages apparently...

https://storage.seikowatches.com/produc ... O_H023.pdf
Living a comeback montage.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

A few days ago my white dial Eterna Kontiki arrived. Really happy with it so far. I had wanted one since 2017 and was always mad I missed it in the 2015/2016 sale. So I searched on and off for one on the bracelet since then. Then this past February I began looking almost every single day on forums, eBay, Rakuten, yahoo etc. I bought my black one in July thinking I'd never find a white one at a price I was willing to pay but then one day I randomly opened eBay and one on bracelet was listed 4 minutes ago for sale from Canada even. Literally bought it without even reading the description or looking at other pictures since the listing already had 70+ viewers in 4 minutes. Well now it is here and I'm happy as can be, it's just as nice as I imagined. I looked at previous listings in the last decade of this watch and it's exact model number, and I am at least the 5th owner of it now. Enjoy my amateur photography :D

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Stunning!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

:o I love it [mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention]! A keeper for sure!!!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Gloomy today so I wore something sunny.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

:? :shock:

BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

whoagorgeous wrote:Image

:? :shock:

Super cool! You think the spot is just dust?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

Looks pretty good in person and the strap definitely smells like a piece of leather 😂
PXL_20201029_221851221.jpg
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Apologies for the story prepending my new watch reveal, but this was a big one for me.

My watch collection is nearing in on 40 watches, but the average price paid is probably about $150. Until I recently when I bought a CW Sandhurst for about $800, there wasn't anything above $500. And it stayed that way until yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I've very much enjoyed collecting the watches I have, and although I do realize I need to sell at least 10 of them (having more than 1 watch for each day of the month means long periods between wears), I don't regret being in the cheap and cheerful end of the hobby.

However I've always lusted after a few key grail watches. When I got a promotion at the start of the year, I put my name down on a waitlist for a Rolex Explorer to celebrate. 9 months later I'm still waiting for the call from the AD. Second on my grail list is the Omega Seamaster 300 MC slash Seamaster 300 1957 trilogy. Since the trilogy had been out for 3 years, I knew they'd be long gone.

Just before the work-from-home status landed earlier this year, I was perusing my local friendly AD which stocks among other things Omega. I tried on the 300MC and it was great. I have 6.65" wrists, and generally lean towards smaller watches, but I felt I could pull it off. But they also had a new 300 1957 trilogy. Wow, it was nice. And I knew it would be gone quickly. However at that point, I was planning to pull the trigger on the Rolex so I walked away empty handed. But I kept the 300MC on my short grail list - the 1957 would be gone, but I could scoop the 300MC sometime in the distant future.

Play forward to a couple of weeks ago, and [mention]stretch44[/mention] mentioned on this same thread that he'd swung by his local AD and grabbed a Seamaster 300 1957 trilogy. We live in the same neck of the woods. He must of grabbed this last watch. I was super happy that he'd landed it rather than someone else, as I knew he'd been looking for one. It made me think about the 300 MC, and that my Rolex AD was never going to call me anytime soon. So this weekend I was near the Omega AD for the first time in months and thought I'd treat my by popping in and trying on a few watches, in particular the 300 MC. Well it seems there was still one Seamaster 1957 trilogy left. It came home with me :D

[mention]stretch44[/mention], sorry, you have a watch-twin in the local area now ;)

(sorry for the terrible photo, will undoubtedly be spamming you with more over the coming weeks)
PXL_20201102_010321439_r.jpg
Last edited by Landed_Alien on Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Landed_Alien wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:57 pm Apologies for the story prepending my new watch reveal, but this was a big one for me.

My watch collection is nearing in on 40 watches, but the average price paid is probably about $150. Until I recently when I bought a CW Sandhurst for about $800, there wasn't anything above $500. And it stayed that way until yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I've very much enjoyed collecting the watches I have, and although I do realize I need to sell at least 10 of them (having more than 1 watch for each day of the month means long periods between wears), I don't regret being in the cheap and cheerful end of the hobby.

However I've always lusted after a few key grail watches. When I got a promotion at the start of the year, I put my name down on a waitlist for a Rolex Explorer to celebrate. 9 months later I'm still waiting for the call from the AD. Second on my grail list is the Omega Seamaster 300 MC slash Seamaster 300 1957 trilogy. Since the trilogy had been out for 3 years, I knew they'd be long gone.

Just before the work-from-home status landed earlier this year, I was perusing my local friendly AD which stocks among other things Omega. I tried on the 300MC and it was great. I have 6.65" wrists, and generally lean towards smaller watches, but I felt I could pull it off. But they also had a new 300 1957 trilogy. Wow, it was nice. And I knew it would be gone quickly. However at that point, I was planning to pull the trigger on the Rolex so I walked away empty handed. But I kept the 300MC on my short grail list - the 1957 would be gone, but I could scoop the 300MC sometime in the distant future.

Play forward to a couple of weeks ago, and @stretch44 mentioned on this same thread that he'd swung by his local AD and grabbed a Seamaster 300 1957 trilogy. We live in the same neck of the woods. He must of grabbed this last watch. I was super happy that he'd landed it rather than someone else, as I knew he'd been looking for one. It made me think about the 300 MC, and that my Rolex AD was never going to call me anytime soon. So this weekend I was near the Omega AD for the first time in months and thought I'd treat my by popping in and trying on a few watches, in particular the 300 MC. Well it seems there was still one Seamaster 1957 trilogy left. It came home with me :D

@stretch44, sorry, you have a watch-twin in the local area now ;)

(sorry for the terrible photo, will undoubtedly be spamming you with more over the coming weeks)

PXL_20201102_010321439.jpg
Congratulations! I can't see enough pictures of that watch, particularly the bracelet! You will surely enjoy it for many years to come.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Landed_Alien wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:57 pm Apologies for the story prepending my new watch reveal, but this was a big one for me.

Play forward to a couple of weeks ago, and @stretch44 mentioned on this same thread that he'd swung by his local AD and grabbed a Seamaster 300 1957 trilogy. We live in the same neck of the woods. He must of grabbed this last watch. I was super happy that he'd landed it rather than someone else, as I knew he'd been looking for one. It made me think about the 300 MC, and that my Rolex AD was never going to call me anytime soon. So this weekend I was near the Omega AD for the first time in months and thought I'd treat my by popping in and trying on a few watches, in particular the 300 MC. Well it seems there was still one Seamaster 1957 trilogy left. It came home with me :D

@stretch44, sorry, you have a watch-twin in the local area now ;)

PXL_20201102_010321439.jpg
Congrats!!! Such a beautiful watch! Can't wait to see your pics; spam this place up! I had the 300 MC before this one and while it's a great watch, the Trilogy just improves on everything. After I picked my up a few weeks ago, I had no urge to wear anything else. I picked mine up at CH Premier. Looks great on your wrist.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Congrats [mention]Landed_Alien[/mention] !! Such a beautiful watch and one of the best Omega (or anyone) has produced. Having a watch twin is special. Maybe one day you and [mention]Stretch44[/mention] can do a twin shot wooohoooo