We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

C60 Trident Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 pm C60 Trident Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Great watch! Congratulations!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Two new (to me) watches came in last week. Both from ebay, lightly used, under $400, and had been on my list of possibilities for a while. A Zodiac Olympos ZO9700. Love the case shape and size......very comfortable. I just wish it had AR coating on the crystal. And a Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba H82345141. I had wanted to get one of these for a while and when the blue came out I decided to wait a bit longer until I could spot a deal. I wish they put the date at 6 and it is a bit slab-sided but I really do like it overall.

ImageImage
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Let this thread serve as proof and documentation of one man's financial downfall and ruination. Death by a million Seikos. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic. Found this one dirt cheap on eBay. A pre-owned Seiko Recraft SNKP23 with a 7S26 and a few little nicks and scratches. I was surprised to see the bracelet is pretty much the same as a Seiko Monster. This should be a fun watch to own for a little while and then probably move along eventually.

Halaku
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Halaku »

So this came in yesterday the shogun samurai thai le SPB099j , the samurai character pictured in the watch ad is very similar to the part played by Tom cruise in The Last Samurai ( my fav movie of all time after Top Gun ) .
Love the watch and everything about it my
Imageon the uncle seiko waffle strap.
Originally was chasing the orange shogun which has appreciated to beyond reach prices , this red head just perfectly fits in the collection.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

Well this is interesting. I just received this today from the CW summer sale. It's gorgeous. I tried it on and now have it on a watch winder to check the Chronometer accuracy over the next few days.

What's interesting is that, since I ordered it I came across the opportunity to pick up a semi grail. I've always bought watches and have never sold one, but I might just have to flip this one. I've seen people do that with a watch they just bought and never understood it... Until now.

I haven't removed any stickers or taken off the hang tag, just in case. I even bought a red and black Barton Elite silicone strap specifically for this watch, which also arrived today.

if I'm going to go down the path of selling a watch, which I desperately need to do anyway (I have way too many), do I sell something else and keep this one, or flip this one while it's brand spanking new? I haven't even really been able to enjoy having this one yet because of this dilemma. Decisions...Image
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

PetrosD wrote:Well this is interesting. I just received this today from the CW summer sale. It's gorgeous. I tried it on and now have it on a watch winder to check the Chronometer accuracy over the next few days.

What's interesting is that, since I ordered it I came across the opportunity to pick up a semi grail. I've always bought watches and have never sold one, but I might just have to flip this one. I've seen people do that with a watch they just bought and never understood it... Until now.

I haven't removed any stickers or taken off the hang tag, just in case. I even bought a red and black Barton Elite silicone strap specifically for this watch, which also arrived today.

if I'm going to go down the path of selling a watch, which I desperately need to do anyway (I have way too many), do I sell something else and keep this one, or flip this one while it's brand spanking new? I haven't even really been able to enjoy having this one yet because of this dilemma. Decisions...Image
Congratulations on the new cw trident, how is the time keeping on the watch , i ordered the exact same one , recieved it monday but its defective , the second hand stops around the 3oclock marker and dosent move until handwound a bit .
CW has been unresponsive to the two emails and a return service request email that i sent them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

Halaku wrote:
PetrosD wrote:Well this is interesting. I just received this today from the CW summer sale. It's gorgeous. I tried it on and now have it on a watch winder to check the Chronometer accuracy over the next few days.

Congratulations on the new cw trident, how is the time keeping on the watch , i ordered the exact same one , recieved it monday but its defective , the second hand stops around the 3oclock marker and dosent move until handwound a bit .
CW has been unresponsive to the two emails and a return service request email that i sent them .

Sorry to hear about the woes with your watch. I'm new to CW, so I have no direct experience, but have heard great things about their customer service. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out quickly.

So far so good with this one. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it, other than brand new out of the box there were already some slight scratches on the highly polished center links, and that was on initial inspection. I'm surprised that the bracelet isn't fully wrapped, and only has plastic on the inside.

When I took the picture I also recorded my first Watch Check on it. -0.2 seconds after about 6 hours from a full wind and resting dial up. I'll see how it goes over the next few days. Since I'm undecided on it (not the fault of this watch, just the lure of one I've been eyeing for 2 years) I'm not wearing it, so the winder will tell me if the rotor is winding it.

I'm now trying to decide what else in my collection to sell to keep this one and also pick up the semi grail (buying used, so that purchase might not even go through). If I decide not to keep the Trident, I'll either flip it for what I paid for it or return it to CW. Image
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

PetrosD wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:54 pm if I'm going to go down the path of selling a watch, which I desperately need to do anyway (I have way too many), do I sell something else and keep this one, or flip this one while it's brand spanking new? I haven't even really been able to enjoy having this one yet because of this dilemma. Decisions...Image
It's probably not a question we can answer for you but I'll add my two cents. If you never really wanted the CW that bad to begin with or if you don't particularly like it now that you see it, sell the CW. But if you're loving the CW, pick something else to sell. And unless you're really in need of the money, don't have this be a financial decision. Keep what you like and what you think you will wear and enjoy. A while back I had a somewhat similar scenario. When I actually did the math, it turned out that the difference between the smarter thing to do financially and the route that allowed me to keep and enjoy the new watch was probably something like less than $50. Well most of us can make that amount in pretty short order. So I decided to keep the new one and enjoy it. On the other hand if there is nothing else that you've really been wanting to sell or you're still attached to everything else in your collection, selling the CW to fund the grail may be the better move. Good luck with it.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

yinzburgher wrote:
PetrosD wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:54 pm if I'm going to go down the path of selling a watch, which I desperately need to do anyway (I have way too many), do I sell something else and keep this one, or flip this one while it's brand spanking new? I haven't even really been able to enjoy having this one yet because of this dilemma. Decisions...Image
It's probably not a question we can answer for you but I'll add my two cents. If you never really wanted the CW that bad to begin with or if you don't particularly like it now that you see it, sell the CW. But if you're loving the CW, pick something else to sell. And unless you're really in need of the money, don't have this be a financial decision. Keep what you like and what you think you will wear and enjoy. A while back I had a somewhat similar scenario. When I actually did the math, it turned out that the difference between the smarter thing to do financially and the route that allowed me to keep and enjoy the new watch was probably something like less than $50. Well most of us can make that amount in pretty short order. So I decided to keep the new one and enjoy it. On the other hand if there is nothing else that you've really been wanting to sell or you're still attached to everything else in your collection, selling the CW to fund the grail may be the better move. Good luck with it.
That's sound advice. Much appreciated.

I have wanted a white diver in my collection, and the fact that the CW is also COSC certified and a great value at the summer sale price made my purchase decision easy.

I do have a number of watches that get little wrist time and should be sold, including a pair of Victorinox, a pair of Spinnakers, a pair of Aragons and a Hamilton Khaki Field. I might even consider selling my SKX009 since it normally loses out to my Combat Sub, and even maybe my Alpinist that hasn't been worn in a while. I even have a vintage (if 1990 is considered vintage) quartz Seiko World Timer that I should also sell.

I think one reason I was thinking of selling this CW is that it's brand new and would be easier to sell, and that it would sell quickly. Of course, this is also from the perspective of someone that's never sold a watch.

I can also simply return the watch to CW and get my money back. I would sell it only to give someone else a chance to pick up a COSC certified diver at the same bargain price I paid. I wouldn't be looking to profit from it.

However, your advice is making me think I should keep the CW and post for sale the others that don't get worn enough, and actually sell a watch rather than just buy a watch.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Got home and this little number was waiting on the counter. Really like the look and can't wait to see how the lume looks. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I can't take my eyes off this dial. This is a completely untouched phone pic, it's unbelievable.

PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

Picked up the Torsk diver from Tsao Baltimore today. This was a KS purchase back in the spring.Image
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Loving this watch. The 39mm size is perfect
ImageImage
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

Timex transit showed up ...very comfy strap and fit . Cant go wrong for a jackson.... thanks yinzmiester ... [emoji1374]