Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boro

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Boro »

After a long longing to get the Golden Eye, I finally pulled the trigger. It looks fantastic on the stealth mesh. /sorry for the pic,I aint pro photographer/

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Boro wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:42 pm After a long longing to get the Golden Eye, I finally pulled the trigger. It looks fantastic on the stealth mesh. /sorry for the pic,I aint pro photographer/

Nothing wrong with that pic 8-) . Great looking watch! Congrats and enjoy!
Nubee

Post by Nubee »

Great combo with the stealth mesh, looks fantastic! Hope you‘ll enjoy the watch, i like my Glycines
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sometimes a gamble pays off. I bid to win on a watch listed at €30 with 8 seconds left. The listing had no movement photo, but I guessed at what was inside based on research into the brand. I watched as the bids shot up to over €130 and assumed a lost in the final second or two. I was surprised to find my bid had won with €7.21 to spare! So I picked this vintage E. Bucherer up for a €142 shipped. Admittedly more than I’d hoped to pay, but still IMO well worth it.

Here was the photo from the listing...Some grime around the bezel, scratches showing on the crystal and possibly some on the dial itself. As much as I looked, I could not be certain that was not a crack at 2 o’clock.
6926607D-59C8-44A6-B6E5-517B166FC76E.jpeg

The back was exceptionally tight, but did eventually give. The gasket was a bit dry, but intact. Here is what was inside...an ETA 2783 (the better one with 25 jewels - these came in 17, 21 and 25 jewel variants) adjusted to 6 positions, with no visible signs of damage or tool marks and minimal dust:
585A9278-3B22-417B-B1DA-A96446A20A3E.jpeg

The beat error and rate were slightly off, so I regulated and adjusted back to perfect...she was a sensitive lady, but eventually I found the right touch. The gasket rehydrated quickly and the case cleaned with a wet toothbrush all around and toothpick around the bezel to remove the caked on grime. It. Took 3 attempts to polish out all the scratches, but was quite happy to find no cracks. VERY pleased with the result, and the color is so much more vivid than expected. She is 42mm in diameter, so for me perfect. Lugs are 18mm...I threw on a bracelet, but will have to explore options. A beautiful find.
5F77AE13-56C1-400E-A14B-31D5D74367AE.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

watchpalooza wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:28 am Sometimes a gamble pays off. I bid to win on a watch listed at €30 with 8 seconds left. The listing had no movement photo, but I guessed at what was inside based on research into the brand. I watched as the bids shot up to over €130 and assumed a lost in the final second or two. I was surprised to find my bid had won with €7.21 to spare! So I picked this vintage E. Bucherer up for a €142 shipped. Admittedly more than I’d hoped to pay, but still IMO well worth it.

Here was the photo from the listing...Some grime around the bezel, scratches showing on the crystal and possibly some on the dial itself. As much as I looked, I could not be certain that was not a crack at 2 o’clock.

6926607D-59C8-44A6-B6E5-517B166FC76E.jpeg

The back was exceptionally tight, but did eventually give. The gasket was a bit dry, but intact. Here is what was inside...an ETA 2783 (the better one with 25 jewels - these came in 17, 21 and 25 jewel variants) adjusted to 6 positions, with no visible signs of damage or tool marks and minimal dust:

585A9278-3B22-417B-B1DA-A96446A20A3E.jpeg

The beat error and rate were slightly off, so I regulated and adjusted back to perfect...she was a sensitive lady, but eventually I found the right touch. The gasket rehydrated quickly and the case cleaned with a wet toothbrush all around and toothpick around the bezel to remove the caked on grime. It. Took 3 attempts to polish out all the scratches, but was quite happy to find no cracks. VERY pleased with the result, and the color is so much more vivid than expected. She is 42mm in diameter, so for me perfect. Lugs are 18mm...I threw on a bracelet, but will have to explore options. A beautiful find.

5F77AE13-56C1-400E-A14B-31D5D74367AE.jpeg
Posts like this really make me miss finding vintage scores.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

That is an amazing find [mention]watchpalooza[/mention]! Your TLC really shows in the result.
Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

I agree [mention]watchpalooza[/mention] - awesome find and your efforts have made it in pretty reasonable shape. I am a little suspect of some of the vintage pieces around Aus.
Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

Boro wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:42 pm After a long longing to get the Golden Eye, I finally pulled the trigger. It looks fantastic on the stealth mesh. /sorry for the pic,I aint pro photographer/

Nice watch! This was one of the contenders I was considering with my combat sub purchase.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

This kontiki arrived a few days ago. It's pretty well used and has many small scratches on the case but I got it for a good price especially considering it's a harder to find color. Undecided if I'm going to try to rebrush the case and polish the bezel. Otherwise it's a really cool watch to add to my collection.

ImageImageImageImage
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Was very lucky to pick up a Grand Seiko SBGN231 at the weekend.
PXL_20210208_194345757_r.jpg
PXL_20210208_194336778_r.jpg
PXL_20210208_194233042_r.jpg
Last edited by Landed_Alien on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

The Farer Bradfield arrived today. Off wrist, it felt larger than expected, but it wears perfectly. I'm not a good enough photographer to capture the depth on this dial. It's so neat.

I'll wear it for a day or so, then put it away until I hit the milestone it was intended for. Maybe.
PXL_20210208_211723227.jpg
PXL_20210208_211839703.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sussa wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:34 pm The Farer Bradfield arrived today. Off wrist, it felt larger than expected, but it wears perfectly. I'm not a good enough photographer to capture the depth on this dial. It's so neat.

I'll wear it for a day or so, then put it away until I hit the milestone it was intended for. Maybe.

PXL_20210208_211723227.jpg
PXL_20210208_211839703.jpg

Bob Ross approves. :mrgreen:

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

My halios fairwind arrived today, also happens to be the Lunar new year today... Halios logo is like a crescent moon... Coincidence?? :o

Anyways, this watch is incredible. Well worth beyond $1000 but they only cost $775. Jason overnight shipped it to me across Canada by FedEx and I got it in 18 hours. He assembled it himself in Canada too 🇨🇦

The bracelet clasp is amazing. It's basically the same design as the IWC/A lange & Sohne ones where you press in the halios logo and the bracelet can be expanded or retracted by like 1cm. The bezel action is flawless same with the crown action. It's as smooth as my Sinn 556. On my timegrapher it's running around +6 seconds with a 280ish amplitude and 0.1 beat error. I'm sure it's got to break in a bit still though. Might make a more in depth review in a couple weeks, but so far the only downside is the amount of fingerprints it attracts because of the extremely fine brushing.

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Excited to try this out...

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

cheddar wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:12 am Excited to try this out...

:shock:

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT