We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by AndyS »

Ebay deal on a BN0195. Came with a bracelet that's missing several pins and tubes, but all the links are there once I can figure out a source of those pins (reply if you can point me the right way for those).

Will wear it on NATO'S and other bands from the drawer until I can put the bracelet together, but the watch is basically in new condition other than the missing pins. $90 shipped seems like a steal. Amazon has it for $233, and I haven't seen many deals on the PVD version elsewhere.

EDIT: Ha! Took the wrist shot in ad-like "smile" hand position. Totally unintended. Didn't recognize until I posted. ImageImage

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Orient via [mention]BATMAN[/mention] on my favorite strap via [mention]tennesseean_87[/mention].
IMG_20190606_111412.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 am Orient via @BATMAN on my favorite strap via @tennesseean_87.

IMG_20190606_111412.jpg

That's a good lookin' combo.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

ManOnTime wrote:Orient via [mention]BATMAN[/mention] on my favorite strap via [mention]tennesseean_87[/mention].
IMG_20190606_111412.jpg
Looks great!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Froskemann

Post by Froskemann »

I wanted an everyday watch that I could wear in almost any occasion. When I got a sweet deal on Seiko SJE073J1, I just had to get it. Could not be more satisfied!
IMG_20190606_114406_935.jpg
Strapmaker, watchgeek and founder of Froskemann watch straps.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

My four year old son gave me a watch for Father's Day! I had no idea.

I mentioned in another post that my wife and son were gone for more than a few hours Saturday...so long that I even came to the office :roll: . When they came home he saw my NTH Nacken on the NATO and it went like this:
4 year old: Daddy, what watch is that?
Me: You mean this watch?
4 year old: Yes Daddy, that watch. I've never seen that.
Me: What, this old thing? :? :lol:
4 year old: Yes. I've never seen that.

He played it pretty cool until yesterday afternoon. He kept wanting to tell me what he picked out...kept whispering in my wife's ear, to which I would always hear "No. It's a secret."

When a four year old wants to pick out a watch as a gift, I guess is really narrows where you shop! They weren't going to the Omega boutique, if you catch my drift. He did well (Khol's by the way). He knows that blue is my favorite color.

Soooo, it looks like the Speedmaster will have to wait, the Nacken just went in the winder and I have a new favorite and sentimental watch.
IMG_6608.jpg
IMG_6609.jpg
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

NEW WATCH!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

My new Seiko Prospex SRPC07 Orange Samurai. This was posted, a few times actually, in the deals thread. I got it from Macy's. I had tried on Samurais before and I liked them but I really wasn't sure about owning one, partly because of the size. It's a big chunky watch. I would have definitely made an exception for a Blue Lagoon model at the right price but it just never worked out. But when this one came along at the right price I felt I had to give it a shot. A chance to try a bright orange dial and a Samurai in one package. Of all the orange dial Seiko divers I have seen over the years this is probably one of my favorites (although first place might go to the SRP309 Monster). It was only my first day wearing it today but so far so good. I was really happy to look down at this thing throughout the day. And my 6 year-old niece thought it was cool. 8-) A watch like this will probably never be an every day watch for me but there will still plenty of occasions to wear it. Today consisted of yard work, quick run to the store, family friends dropping by to visit, playing with kids, a dip in the pool, a drink or two, plenty of food. That's a pretty good summer day and a big chunky orange diver wasn't out of place for any of it. Also, I feel that this one, more than most of my other watches, just seems like it should be worn to the beach. Hopefully soon. So for now anyway, it's a keeper. It definitely has a place in the collection. Yes, I'm a serial flipper.....but more than that, I'm nuts about Seiko divers and this is a good one. I took the orange Sammy off the bracelet right away and have it on a Uncle Seiko waffle strap. I like this look but I think an Isofrane-style strap might suit the watch even better. Drilled lugs make strap changing super easy. The alignment is so damn close but not quite perfect. I can live with it though. Most of the case is brushed with just a few polished accents. I really the texture on both the bezel and the crown. It makes it very easy to get a grip. And the chunky angular case makes it look both interesting a tough-looking, like it could take a proper beating. I also think of the 4R35 movement as a positive feature. It doesn't seem to be plagued by some of the same issues as the 6R15. Certainly my experience with the movement has been good. As usual the lume is great. 👍👍 so far for my new orange Sammy. Plenty of pics today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Happy for you! Looks like a great piece and as you said, a fun watch.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

This just in.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A shout out and and big thank you to [mention]Jakenasty[/mention] for the heads up on this one. Citizen Eco-Drive AW7031-54A. The price tag says $350. They sell for well over $100. And I got it for less than $35 at Nordstrom Rack. That's crazy to me. It took a long time to hear anything from them so I called and the plan was to cancel my order and refund my $ and then it just showed up at the door. I have to double check but I think I was already refunded. This one is to give to my brother for his birthday, which I'm already too late for. This is kinda fun and interesting for me because this will immediately be among the nicest thing he owns. He has never been one for material possessions of any kind (although he does occaional ask about my watches). This is a guy who has spent months and months (pre-family) hiking in the wilderness and the Appalachian Trail. The nicest car he's ever had is the rattly old Corolla he currently owns. At any given time, he probably owns one pair of shoes without holes. 36 years old and uses a flip phone. [emoji38] I could go on and on. Basically owning lots of nice stuff isn't his thing. His wife got him one of those Casio double sensor watches but it finally busted. So this is perfect. I'm actually very impressed with the bracelet. And I think its just a great looking watch. I like my mechanicals and the occasional cheap digital but I see why these things sell.

ImageImage
TwoSecondsPerDay
MoT Member

Post by TwoSecondsPerDay »

I got the same watch, thanks [mention]Jakenasty[/mention]! Question though, is this Titanium or the lightest brushed stainless ever?

Referring to the Citizen Eco-Drive AW7031-54A, by the way.
Last edited by TwoSecondsPerDay on Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

IMG_20190713_140344.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TwoSecondsPerDay wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:36 pm I got the same watch, thanks @Jakenasty! Question though, is this Titanium or the lightest brushed stainless ever?

Referring to the Citizen Eco-Drive AW7031-54A, by the way.
It is stainless steel and the finish seemed like bead-blasted or sand-blasted to me. For some reason the white dial version is no longer on their site but this is basically the same watch.

https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/prod ... 0-57E.html
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:05 pm IMG_20190713_140344.jpg
That's a great watch, especially at the price you got it for. It looked good on the mesh and this RSM but you could also pretty much pair it with any type of strap. Really versatile and I think its a good value even at $300 and above. Its a keeper!