We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Animal Mother »

quincas wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:42 am Image
Got this off WUS sale thread. I’m glad i got a second chance in owning it!
Lovely, what is it?
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Sporkboy »

Animal Mother wrote:
Lovely, what is it?
It has bothered me that this has gone in answered for so long. It took me too much thinking to sort this one out. This is the Archetype One from the Silver Watch Company. https://www.silverwatchco.com/store/p3 ... Maxi_.html
Once I had the guess of the name silver, I tried silver watch in google and you know what? There are Watch cases made of the stuff. Good job in naming the company after something that won’t put you in search results guys. Silver watch company (a good guess), got me to where I needed to go.

I had previously tried searching based on the logo, but arrows as part of the logo for watches are pretty common as well (a British military thing I think). Anyway, there you go.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

IT'S HEREEEE!!!!!

No duty or tax either. So I definitely will never find a better deal than this for $849! It even has the original box and instructions which was never listed on the product page. Turns out when I bought it this watch was on sale for $1100 from $1450, but then the seller only charged me $1000, then I get 16% Cashback from the $1100 price LOL. Sure it's got a bunch of microscratches in areas, but it looks great overall. Now I have to wait until Christmas to open this :x

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

That is a beauty [mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention]!

Congrats on a great deal.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I love the Old Logos Grand Seikos. Awesome pick up!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:26 am
Animal Mother wrote:
Lovely, what is it?
It has bothered me that this has gone in answered for so long. It took me too much thinking to sort this one out. This is the Archetype One from the Silver Watch Company. https://www.silverwatchco.com/store/p3 ... Maxi_.html
Once I had the guess of the name silver, I tried silver watch in google and you know what? There are Watch cases made of the stuff. Good job in naming the company after something that won’t put you in search results guys. Silver watch company (a good guess), got me to where I needed to go.

I had previously tried searching based on the logo, but arrows as part of the logo for watches are pretty common as well (a British military thing I think). Anyway, there you go.
Thank you pal. That was nice of you. It's a pretty thing, but with two divers arriving at some point this month I couldn't get another! :lol:
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:IT'S HEREEEE!!!!!

No duty or tax either. So I definitely will never find a better deal than this for $849! It even has the original box and instructions which was never listed on the product page. Turns out when I bought it this watch was on sale for $1100 from $1450, but then the seller only charged me $1000, then I get 16% Cashback from the $1100 price LOL. Sure it's got a bunch of microscratches in areas, but it looks great overall. Now I have to wait until Christmas to open this :x

Damn bro!!! What a score that was! That is an unbelievable deal on an amazing looking watch. Well done man, and at least Christmas isn't TOO far off.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Dub Rubb wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:IT'S HEREEEE!!!!!

Damn bro!!! What a score that was! That is an unbelievable deal on an amazing looking watch. Well done man, and at least Christmas isn't TOO far off.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Haha thanks. One day I will own a spring drive model though. The snowflake is one of my Grails alongside an Omega seamaster
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:34 am Some of these are already shipped and delivered but I've been moving around and haven't caught up with them yet. I will soon. As I mentioned in the deals thread, I have a Seiko Presage SRPD37 "mockingbird" on the way from Macy's. After seeing a very nice pic from mplsabdullah, I realized I would really enjoy this on a more casual strap than the one provided. The just the right deal came around again. His pic below.

I also scored a "refurbished" Timex Ironman Rugged T5K793 from ebay for $15. Another cheap digital to add to the rotation. I'm interested to see how I like the negative display on a Timex, which seem to be more legible than G-Shocks. Somehow I doubt it will be as legible as the pic below.

Seiko SRP313 Dracula Monster also incoming. I had always thought about buying either this of a gen 2 orange monster. Not sure it was the best decision to pay up for this one but I think I got an OK deal bc someone replaced the crystal with sapphire w/ a purple AR coating, which has a scratch. I can always replace that with different sapphire or go back to Hardlex if I want. Still, I paid twice what these things cost a number of years back. :roll:

And lastly, someone over on WUS was nice enough to give a heads up that Halios had some unclaimed bronze Seaforths. So I immediately sent an email and the owner got back to me right away. Although I think it will be about a week until this ships. I went for the fume grey dial rather than blue or green bc in addition to the great pics I've seen of the brand new ones, I think this dial variant will also look best after the case has oxidized and developed some patina. I hope so anyway.

Now to think of four that I'm willing to sell. 😔

I'm guessing I still have to wait a few more days until my bronze Seaforth ships from Halios. But the other three orders have arrived. The green "**** Time" dial is a freakin' stunner and as expected I don't really want anything to do with the strap. Gotta find something more casual and comfortable to pair with it. The Dracula Monster and I are already making plans to spend the rest of our lives together. :D I was still a little unsure about my decision until I tried this on......but I think I done good. And lastly my Timex Ironman Rugged looks a whole lot like an Easy Reader. :? I was really excited to snag an Ironman for $15 so I'm pretty disappointed the wrong watch showed up. I'll send a message tonight and see how the seller responds but I'm not entirely optimistic that I'll ever see the correct watch. 🤞And on a different topic, after 8 weeks staying in a hotel it was nice to get a one week break and even get back to my place for a little. But now its back to hotel life for another 6 weeks. :| It's not terrible it's just......on my mind I guess....
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Sporkboy »

Animal Mother wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:26 am
Animal Mother wrote:
Lovely, what is it?

Thank you pal. That was nice of you. It's a pretty thing, but with two divers arriving at some point this month I couldn't get another! :lol:
To be honest, I sorted out this mystery for my own pleasure of solving it. However, you are very welcome.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Sporkboy wrote: To be honest, I sorted out this mystery for my own pleasure of solving it. However, you are very welcome.
Thanks for answering for me sporkboy!

Its a very nice watch to wear. Slim and light. Surprising wearable for 7.25” wrist.

Its sort of related to Manchester Watch Works. They cancelled their most recent model - with lollipop hands - due to price increment of the Miyota 9 series.

What i wore today; similar but larger at 42mm (vs 39.5mm)

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

The $3.33 Raketa Big Zero is in! Purchased in a 6 watch/$20 eBay grab bag. Three of the watches are running... this isn’t one of them[emoji53] The dial/movement is loose, probably a missing retaining ring. The movement seems to be wound tight, but it does set time.

The case has a lot of little dings, but the brass isn’t showing through anywhere. The crystal appears to be original. There are no deep scratches, so polywatch should revive it nicely.

It is going to take a little effort to get this one going again. Overall it is a old watch and I look forward to restoring this to working condition and putting this beauty back into service.
ImageImage
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

OK, the movement wasn’t budging. I am not to the point where I am servicing movements yet, so it gets bagged for another time. I am no expert, but I think the hairspring is toast.

I had another movement that was in the same family, only with a day/date complication. I removed that and when I removed the seconds hand, the hand came, but the barrel held tight to the pinion.

Luckily the watch had a huge crystal that could handle the extra pinion length. That means that the hands are away from the dial and there is no seconds hand at the moment. Just realized I had a spare handset for this movement ::facepalm::

There was a screw that held the movement to the case that was loose, so that was an easy fix to get the movement to stop moving around. I will need to order a couple of spare movements and wait for them to arrive before I can call this done, but I am enjoying it for now.
ImageImage
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Both finally arrived today. I'm digging them.

Except for the pins/collar from the bracelet. I truly hate it. Decided to give up trying to adjust it myself and just put a strap on it for now. :?

gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

whoagorgeous wrote:Both finally arrived today. I'm digging them.

Except for the pins/collar from the bracelet. I truly hate it. Decided to give up trying to adjust it myself and just put a strap on it for now. :?

I've only just seen the C65 Trident GMT and I'm determined to get that next. Love the look. Yours looks great too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk