Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by Split-Time »

When I end up buying an Oceanus which one of you three (or four) should I tell my wife is to blame? [mention]PetWatch[/mention] [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] and [mention]Sussa[/mention] :lol:.

I’m only partially kidding because I have though about one from time to time, but anytime I read about the finishing it gets in my head.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Split-Time wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 pm When I end up buying an Oceanus which one of you three (or four) should I tell my wife is to blame? @PetWatch @Dub Rubb and @Sussa :lol:.

I’m only partially kidding because I have though about one from time to time, but anytime I read about the finishing it gets in my head.
I'll take the heat. They wouldn't have been able to plant the seed if I hadn't opened the farm. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Split-Time wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 pm When I end up buying an Oceanus which one of you three (or four) should I tell my wife is to blame? @PetWatch @Dub Rubb and @Sussa :lol:.

Blame it on this guy dust and all, but there are many to choose from. Pics don't do it justice.

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Someone at the GTG did buy the Oceanus Manta Ladies version after seeing my OCW-S100. Would Mrs. Split Time be happier if it's a couples set?
Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 7.49.15 AM.png
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sussa wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:52 am

Someone at the GTG did buy the Oceanus Manta Ladies version after seeing my OCW-S100. Would Mrs. Split Time be happier if it's a couples set?
That’s cool. 😎
I think Mrs. split-time would be happier if I just stopped looking around here! :?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Split-Time wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Sussa wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:52 am

That’s cool. 😎
I think Mrs. split-time would be happier if I just stopped looking around here! :?
Now you're just talking foolishness.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:18 am Casio has a number of transparent G-Shocks being released (some info from G-Central here), including yet another new "CasiOak", model GA2100SKE-7A. Casio product page here.

Presently in stock at Macy's. Was able to add to cart. They wouldn't allow me to use their email signup discount code -- said it didn't qualify. I confess I was only going for the deal.

Update: now showing me OOS -- YMMV.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/g-sh ... D=11748504
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

So I lost one of the tiny springs under the LCD in a DW6900 while attempting a positive display mod. Probably should have never removed the display, but I had trouble getting a blade underneath the polarizer until I did so. Was putting it back together only to see the spring fly off into the rug somewhere.

Any place to get replacement conductor springs like this? I think it's the one that powers the backlight, but am not sure.

Wonder if a cheapo Casio digital will have the same springs...
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

AndyS wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:48 pm So I lost one of the tiny springs under the LCD in a DW6900 while attempting a positive display mod. Probably should have never removed the display, but I had trouble getting a blade underneath the polarizer until I did so. Was putting it back together only to see the spring fly off into the rug somewhere.

Any place to get replacement conductor springs like this? I think it's the one that powers the backlight, but am not sure.

I have no idea if they are at all similar to the piezo speaker spring for the beep and alarm, but I've replaced those by cutting down a spring from a retractable pen.

Other than that or harvesting from another watch, maybe PacParts would have it? https://www.pacparts.com/library/default.cfm?mfg=Casio

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:08 pm
AndyS wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:48 pm So I lost one of the tiny springs under the LCD in a DW6900 while attempting a positive display mod. Probably should have never removed the display, but I had trouble getting a blade underneath the polarizer until I did so. Was putting it back together only to see the spring fly off into the rug somewhere.

I have no idea if they are at all similar to the piezo speaker spring for the beep and alarm, but I've replaced those by cutting down a spring from a retractable pen.

Other than that or harvesting from another watch, maybe PacParts would have it? https://www.pacparts.com/library/default.cfm?mfg=Casio
These things are multiple sizes smaller than a pen spring. Talk about the tip of a sharpened set of tweezers. I think my tweezers were magnetized a bit which caused the mishandle on my part.

I checked with pacparts not long ago to see if they sold modules, and I don't think they really can sell internal parts. They referred me to Casio.

I'm still checking my floor with a magnet, but I have little hope...

Not the same module, but see the tiny springs he takes off here with the display about the 5:20 mark?

I watched a couple of vids on F91W's, and they don't seem to have these springs. So I'll just set up a search for a "for parts" watch on ebay. Or write off the watch.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Yikes.

Yeah, unless you cannibalize another watch I think you may be up the creek. :(

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Interesting piece on what seems to be a professional watch modder who's working on GA-2100's.

Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

AndyS wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:07 am Interesting piece on what seems to be a professional watch modder who's working on GA-2100's.
Sorry to go off on a non-Casio tangent, but you should check out the artist's IG page. Some simple but amazing work. My favourite is when someone got a GS SBGX259 customized (a $2.2k watch) .

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

NAD but holy **** I want this:

https://iflwatches.com/product/g-shock- ... y-rainbow/

$649 :(
I wish that watch were 38mm?