As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by AndyS »

Yeah, he has range in watches from a MDV-106 to that Grand Seiko. Also several Omega Speedmasters in there.

Lots of color splatter, but some other cool stuff like an Eddie Van Halen themed watch, etc.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Boourns wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:03 pm NAD but holy **** I want this:

https://iflwatches.com/product/g-shock- ... y-rainbow/

$649 :(
I wonder if he just air brushes the indices? That's a solid piece that goes all the way around. The paint on the bezel should be fairly easy.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

:shock:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Boourns wrote:NAD but holy **** I want this:

I want the same one, but yeah. Wow. That price.
Living a comeback montage.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

It's one of those high demand craftsman things where if you're the one doing it, you raise you price until you workload equals the time you want to put into it.

See the prices to hire contractors right now :)

I don't have the artist's eye, but wouldn't think that gray one is particularly difficult to recreate compared to some of the other ones on his IG. You really only have the top and bottom wording with blended lettering colors. The other four seem to be solid color. Then you open the watch up and spray the indices ring.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:

I wonder if he just air brushes the indices? That's a solid piece that goes all the way around. The paint on the bezel should be fairly easy.
An interview with The Dial Artist with a brief explanation of the process.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/dial-art ... ck-planet/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

I think these are going to be Hot, likely an understatement, booked for pre-orders in Japan.

Link posted in Deals thread.

Baby G name is gone - for GOOD. Bring on the Mini-CasiOaks, colors remain unchanged from pre release "womens" color scheme, or whatever that means. Color is color.

Standard CasiOak size: 48.5 x 45.4 x 11.8 millimeters and the weight is 51 grams
Mini CasiOak: 46.2 x 42.9 x 11.2 (slimmer)

With their "distinctive metallic-style markers and accented dial rings", it brings a very nice contrast accent to the dial.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I like the salmon/pink ones, and that black with the pink accents is really attractive.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Speaking of G-Central and multicolored watches, Casio is apparently putting together watches that look like products of the spare parts bin.
G-Shock is releasing the full metal GMW-B5000TR-9 in April 2021, featuring the titanium alloy brand TranTixxii. This all-new titanium alloy is the result of a six-year development with Nippon Steel Corporation. The alloy is twice as hard as pure titanium and offers the same lightweight, anticorrosive, and hypoallergenic properties. The hardness of this alloy also allows for a mirror finish comparable to stainless steel to be applied, and this is the first titanium G-Shock with a mirror finish.

Then this month they're releasing one I'll probably end up with eventually. A nice positive display GWB5600:

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:35 pm I think these are going to be Hot, likely an understatement, booked for pre-orders in Japan.

Baby G name is gone - for GOOD. Bring on the Mini-CasiOaks, colors remain unchanged from pre release "womens" color scheme, or whatever that means. Color is color.

Standard CasiOak size: 48.5 x 45.4 x 11.8 millimeters and the weight is 51 grams

With their "distinctive metallic-style markers and accented dial rings", it brings a very nice contrast accent to the dial.
Sigh.

Just ordered one of each color.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

I'm surprisingly into the new GBX100 with the rose gold bezel. Looking forward to more photos to see if it's as close to copper-looking as it seems.
Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 6.46.49 PM.png
https://www.g-central.com/upcoming-g-sh ... pril-2021/
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Sussa wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:50 pm I'm surprisingly into the new GBX100 with the rose gold bezel. Looking forward to more photos to see if it's as close to copper-looking as it seems.
I'm generally not that into gold with a few exceptions (black and gold Seiko Tuna), but I do like that color in the picture. If it's copper, I'd buy that one.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

ManOnTime wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:35 pm I think these are going to be Hot, likely an understatement, booked for pre-orders in Japan.

Sigh.

I only ordered the white one after having a few in the cart. I was going to order a bunch and become a dial artist, but since my artistry keeps getting put in the backburner I thought the better of it.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:34 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

Sigh.

I only ordered the white one after having a few in the cart. I was going to order a bunch and become a dial artist, but since my artistry keeps getting put in the backburner I thought the better of it.

I may keep one and try to sell the rest for a small profit.

If I can't, I will offer them here at cost.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT