Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by AndyS »

Nice collection!

I've got a few more I haven't posted yet I'll have to dig out, but nowhere near your number :)
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

And a few more that have come and gone. There are many, many more that I have had. But as I sold them I deleted all the pictures that I had on file.
PB270238_zps0a1b1dad.jpg
PB270238_zps0a1b1dad.jpg (145.76 KiB) Viewed 9560 times
PA280077.JPG
PA280064.JPG
PA280012_zpsfbf99bad.jpg
PA280012_zpsfbf99bad.jpg (107.54 KiB) Viewed 9560 times
PA280012_zpsfbf99bad.jpg
PA280012_zpsfbf99bad.jpg (107.54 KiB) Viewed 9560 times
PA120069_zps0f888ffc.jpg
PA120069_zps0f888ffc.jpg (113.27 KiB) Viewed 9560 times
P9260033.JPG
P8130013.JPG
P7030027_zpsspplwvnt.jpg
P7030027_zpsspplwvnt.jpg (175.95 KiB) Viewed 9560 times
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Very impressive, Rocat!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

As it stands now, I currently only have a GWM-500A, a DW-5600E, a GW-M5600A (not a GW-M5610), a TRT-110H, a AE-1300, a WS-220H, and a DW-290 that is built like a tanks and takes any abuse I throw at it. Huh, imagine that, I don't have any photos of my WS-220H. I know I said I was going to order another G2310R but I came to my senses and backed out again. I really want that Seiko SBBN031.
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_E1213.JPG
IMG_1154.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2664.JPG
IMG_1106.JPG
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

AndyS wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:11 pm I have that first Pro Trek. :)
The PRG-270 is a great watch for an ABC watch. I wore mine on a Morellato Fast wrap strap for years. No adapters necessary. But you'll need the 18mm version to fit between the lugs and under the spring bars. The nice thing is that the part of the strap the watch head sits on is 24mm so it looks great.
P9250041.JPG
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

The GD-350's above prompted me to wear my workhorse today. This is my original G-Shock. The keeper has stretched and falls off when putting the watch on if I'm not careful, and the edges are rounded on the bezel compared to the newer ones up the thread. But this is the one I go to if I'm going to be rough. It's the one I wear if I'm going to be using chemicals on the car, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. It's already discolored and stained, so who cares? The word "patina" sounds a bit too ostentatious a term when talking about G-Shocks, but this one is starting to show it's usage much more than most of my watches.
GD-350.jpg
GD-350.jpg (50.98 KiB) Viewed 9528 times
GD-350 stretched.jpg
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

AndyS wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:12 am The GD-350's above prompted me to wear my workhorse today. This is my original G-Shock. The keeper has stretched and falls off when putting the watch on if I'm not careful, and the edges are rounded on the bezel compared to the newer ones up the thread. But this is the one I go to if I'm going to be rough. It's the one I wear if I'm going to be using chemicals on the car, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. It's already discolored and stained, so who cares? The word "patina" sounds a bit too ostentatious a term when talking about G-Shocks, but this one is starting to show it's usage much more than most of my watches.

GD-350.jpg
GD-350 stretched.jpg
I like the functionality of the GD-350. Good lord I've had enough of them. But I find it a bit too big to wear when working around stuff where I have to get my hand into or between things. That, and the tactile feel of the buttons is non-existent.

The G-Shock with the best button "feel" and action is the G/GW-7900 series.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

The GD-350's are big if I'm reaching down in a tight area when working on a car or something. I agree there.

However, readability is great. Probably some of the best across the whole G-Shock line. Also nice is the one button countdown timer access no matter where you are in the interface.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Rocat, you're making me pull out watches I haven't worn in a bit. PRG-270. Notice the battery is still high, so not THAT long. Even more readable than the GD-350 due to the big numbers:
PRG-270.jpg
PRG-270.jpg (84.47 KiB) Viewed 9471 times
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Current:

Former:

And of course had a Duro early into my watch interest:

I am obvously a square guy, but I am kind of starting to drink the Casioak kool-aid. Contemplating whether I can pull off the red one.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Here's the first youtube video outside of the promotional stuff I've seen on the GBD-H1000.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:52 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:15 am My only two G-Shocks are Squares. They both get worn a fair amount. They seem to fit my wrist perfectly and are very comfortable for me. A lot of other G-Shocks are too big for my tastes but I've been thinking about adding another if I can find the right one. If anyone has any thoughts about the comfort and size of the 5700 line, I'd be interested. At one point I was looking at the Sneaker Freaker edition because I like the idea of a grey G and the red display. Any other recommendations for smaller Gs would also be welcome. I've never owned a Protrek and have no plans to but I've owned countless other Casios over the years, mostly cheap digitals.

Just adding some mentions so some of our Casio and G-Shock enthusiasts get to see this thread. @BostonCharlie @Rocat @deckeda @BATMAN @horhay86 I'm sure there are plenty of others that I'm missing.
I feel like we need to talk about those shoes :shock: . FWIW I run but all of my shoes are very subdued and I prefer grey. However, I have been toying with getting a pair of really loud shoes for races.
Do it! I run in New Balance bright blue and orange. I've done green, purple, red, you name it. This is my next pair.

And to provide contribution to the thread. I've never been a g shock guy, but I think I'm going to order my first today because of this thread.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

This seems like the best place to share this survey.

Vario is thinking of making a 24mm crazy horse single pass leather (2mm thick) for their G-Shock adapter set.
They want to know what customers think via the survey below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform

If they get enough people interested, they'll make some.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:57 am This seems like the best place to share this survey.

Vario is thinking of making a 24mm crazy horse single pass leather (2mm thick) for their G-Shock adapter set.
They want to know what customers think via the survey below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform

If they get enough people interested, they'll make some.

First of all, this photo shows that the common plastic 24mm nato adapter for Gs does not fit the CasiOak.

Re. single-pass straps for g-shocks, I've tried the stock square + adapters + 24mm zulu, and I felt the strap was too wide for a square. Maybe 24mm fits other, bigger Gs, but for me, 22mm is a better fit for squares.

It was interesting to swap the stock zulu for a nato on the above watch. The geometry of the adapters caused the square to stand off from my wrist: fail. A design that employs spring bars -- like Sporkboy's or some of the newer offerings I see at JaysAndKays here -- allows a nato to work w/o modification.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

My first g shock on its way.