We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
flypanam
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by flypanam »

AndyS wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:30 pm Metal all the G-Shocks. Earlier this year, the 6900's. Now the GM-110's.

Honestly, though, this one looks really good in certain colors. I got the gunmetal/rainbow one. I think it's beautiful and unique, but understated enough that it doesn't look ridiculous.

Scruffy believes in this forum
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

ImageGBX 100 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageG Shock 5600 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Not a G... but still pretty worthy of mentioning !

Bond a la Bond
ImageBond a la Bond by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageBond a la Bond by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Wolfsatz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:43 pm ImageGBX 100 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Hold on.
Does Timex know you're cheating on them with a, a Casio?!?!?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:26 pm
Wolfsatz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:43 pm ImageGBX 100 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Hold on.
Does Timex know you're cheating on them with a, a Casio?!?!?
Ha ha! I've never sworn exclusivity to Timex. They are still the brand that I wear the most.. but I actually have quite a few Gs.

ImageG 7900 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

https://littletreasury.com/product/g-shock-ga-2100-1a1/

In stock as of 5 minutes ago
GA-2100-1A1.jpg
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

I talked to little treasury just now. Somebody ordered their entire stock (not me). I ordered 3 that they do not have, but are getting for me They said that they will get more of these before just about anybody else and wanted to know how many i would like. I asked if i could get 15 and the man i spoke with said "however many, it will just be a special order." If anybody wants to get in on that lmk. I am good with my 3, but am willing to get more.
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

Guyinwatch wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:44 pm I talked to little treasury just now. Somebody ordered their entire stock (not me). I ordered 3 that they do not have, but are getting for me They said that they will get more of these before just about anybody else and wanted to know how many i would like. I asked if i could get 15 and the man i spoke with said "however many, it will just be a special order." If anybody wants to get in on that lmk. I am good with my 3, but am willing to get more.
That makes two of us :lol: I ordered two and told them to keep my order submitted. He said they would take a couple of weeks.

I do wonder what cost they get these at, and if they are wondering why they are flying off the shelves.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Guyinwatch wrote:https://littletreasury.com/product/g-shock-ga-2100-1a1/

GA-2100-1A1.jpg
I may as well ask now, question is for anyone. What is it about this particular model and the series in general? I get that for a non square, size wise this seems like an impossible apparition. What else?

I like a different model and may end up getting one but I'm in no rush and will pay my price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

PetWatch wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:30 pm
Guyinwatch wrote:https://littletreasury.com/product/g-shock-ga-2100-1a1/

GA-2100-1A1.jpg
I may as well ask now, question is for anyone. What is it about this particular model and the series in general? I get that for a non square, size wise this seems like an impossible apparition. What else?

I like a different model and may end up getting one but I'm in no rush and will pay my price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have one myself and honestly I have no idea. I think its 90% hype. The watch itself is nice and hugs the wrist quite well. The shape is pleasing as well.. but the functionality is.... barebones to put it nicely. There are the typical features, alarms etc, but no solar charge,, atomic sync, or anything else fancy. The LED light on these is just crappy. The lume on the hands is pretty terrible too.

Yet still... I really enjoy having it on the wrist. It feels good in an intangible way. The downward facing lugs/strap attachment and thinness of the watch make it wear smaller than it is, so I think part of it is might be the fact that small wristed people can finally wear a non-square g shock and not have it look ridiculous lol. Even for me with decently large wrists its a g shock that I could hypothetically tuck under a shirt sleeve. The retail price is pretty decent too in general for a round (or I guess octagonal) g shock. No idea why people pay the inflated prices.

But what is it about the blackout one? Idk. Personally I have the retro purple one on order and will likely sell the blackout one when it arrives. I just like purple. Like I said its probably mostly hype mixed with a bit of pleasing aesthetics. Doesnt help that YouTube "reviewers" / influencers tend to praise the watch.

That said, i think the hype is dying down. I see people on /r/watchexchange trying to sell these at a markup week after week with no luck. (I see it with the airboss chronos too lol). The people who bought a truckload of these only to try to peddle them at marked up prices are probably gonna be kicking themselves later is my guess. Its not a limited edition, just a temporary supply va demand mismatch.
Scruffy believes in this forum
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

ImageG GBX 100 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

There are a few new variants of the Casio G-Shock "CasiOak" GA2110 coming soon. Clicking the images below will link to the G-Shock UK website. The blue model with gray bezel is reference GA-2110ET-2A or GA2110ET-2A and the all grey "Grey-Out?" model is GA-2110ET-8A or GA2110ET-8A. AER or AJF depending on the market. I think I like the all gray better than the all black.

Deets & Specs:
12/24 HOUR FORMAT: Digital time display can be configured to either 12-Hour or 24 Hour Format
ACCURACY: +/- 15 seconds per month
ALARM FUNCTION: 5 Daily Alarms: Each will sound every day at the time you set, Hourly time signal: The watch beeps every hour on the hour
AUTO CALENDAR: Auto-calendar (28 days for February)
BAND MATERIAL: Resin
BATTERY LIFE: Approximately 3 years
CASE MATERIAL: Carbon-Reinforced Resin Casing
CORE GUARD STRUCTURE: New Carbon Core Guard Structure
COUNTDOWN TIMER FUNCTION: Countdown Range: 24 hours, Measuring Unit: 1 second
DATE AND WEEKDAY DISPLAY: The current date and week day are displayed on the watch face
DATE DISPLAY: The current date is displayed on the watch face
DIMENSIONS: 48.5 x 45.4 x 11.8 mm
DISPLAY ILLUMINATION: Dual Illuminator: Separate illumination of the analogue and digital components ensures optimum readability in low light conditions., LED light, Selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), With afterglow
LOW TEMPERATURE RESISTANT: -10 °C/ 14°F
MINERAL GLASS: Hard glass resists scratching
MUTE FUNCTION: The button tones on the mode button can be switched off for discreet operation. Pre-set alarm or timer functions remain active.
NEOBRITE: A luminous coating on the watch hands provides illumination in the dark.
SHOCK RESISTANT: Patented Hollow Core Guard Structure protects against impact and vibration
STOPWATCH FUNCTION: Measuring Capacity: 24 hours, Measuring Mode: Elapsed time, Measuring Unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes) 1 second (after 60 minutes)
WORLD TIME: Displays the current time in major cities and specific areas around the world
PRICE: £109.00 GBP
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:52 am There are a few new variants of the Casio G-Shock "CasiOak" GA2110 coming soon. Clicking the images below will link to the G-Shock UK website. The blue model with gray bezel is reference GA-2110ET-2A or GA2110ET-2A and the all grey "Grey-Out?" model is GA-2110ET-8A or GA2110ET-8A. AER or AJF depending on the market. I think I like the all gray better than the all black.

Deets & Specs:
12/24 HOUR FORMAT: Digital time display can be configured to either 12-Hour or 24 Hour Format
ACCURACY: +/- 15 seconds per month
ALARM FUNCTION: 5 Daily Alarms: Each will sound every day at the time you set, Hourly time signal: The watch beeps every hour on the hour
AUTO CALENDAR: Auto-calendar (28 days for February)
BAND MATERIAL: Resin
BATTERY LIFE: Approximately 3 years
CASE MATERIAL: Carbon-Reinforced Resin Casing
CORE GUARD STRUCTURE: New Carbon Core Guard Structure
COUNTDOWN TIMER FUNCTION: Countdown Range: 24 hours, Measuring Unit: 1 second
DATE AND WEEKDAY DISPLAY: The current date and week day are displayed on the watch face
DATE DISPLAY: The current date is displayed on the watch face
DIMENSIONS: 48.5 x 45.4 x 11.8 mm
DISPLAY ILLUMINATION: Dual Illuminator: Separate illumination of the analogue and digital components ensures optimum readability in low light conditions., LED light, Selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), With afterglow
LOW TEMPERATURE RESISTANT: -10 °C/ 14°F
MINERAL GLASS: Hard glass resists scratching
MUTE FUNCTION: The button tones on the mode button can be switched off for discreet operation. Pre-set alarm or timer functions remain active.
NEOBRITE: A luminous coating on the watch hands provides illumination in the dark.
SHOCK RESISTANT: Patented Hollow Core Guard Structure protects against impact and vibration
STOPWATCH FUNCTION: Measuring Capacity: 24 hours, Measuring Mode: Elapsed time, Measuring Unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes) 1 second (after 60 minutes)
WORLD TIME: Displays the current time in major cities and specific areas around the world
PRICE: £109.00 GBP
Alright get your predictions in: Will these go for twice MSRP like the originals?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I like both, but think that gray module would look great in the black bezel and band from the blacked out version. I suspect that gray is light enough to get a lot of clothes color transfer, but maybe I'm wrong. I get only a slight bit of that on my GD-350, but I think it may be a bit darker.

Bonus on the gray is the positive display.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Someone should do a mod of the blue one with a metal bezel

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk