As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

What Watch Are You Lusting For?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: What Watch Are You Lusting For?

Post by Boourns »

To me, a watch lusted over is different than a grail -- shorter term and may burn out after time. So my lusts change frequently. My current lusts are an SRPC41 mini turtle PADI:

And the white khaki mechanical:

If you are talking long term-grail it is a 114270

Or if we are talking true fantasyland a 1016
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I've been really wanting the Omega Tresor blue linen dial for a little while.

Or an Explorer 1

And if we're talking never gonna happen... Omega Speedmaster Ultraman ref.145.012

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 pm To me, a watch lusted over is different than a grail -- shorter term and may burn out after time. So my lusts change frequently.
That is the textbook definition of lust, and I agree with you. I want the Chronoscope Pilot bad right now. Next week? Who knows.

(On the flip side, a grail for me is a Datejust in steel with gold fluted bezel.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 pm I've been really wanting the Omega Tresor blue linen dial for a little while.

After looking at that exhibition caseback and seeing that movement, now I want one too!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:07 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 pm I've been really wanting the Omega Tresor blue linen dial for a little while.

After looking at that exhibition caseback and seeing that movement, now I want one too!
I almost picked up a used one in January but ended up getting my Seamaster. Now I can't find one for a decent price. Really pretty.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

I'm lusting after a $20 watch. I know I won't wear it, but like many children of the '80s, I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. And what fun is adulthood if you can't fulfill childhood wants?
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 5.08.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 5.08.31 PM.png (282.87 KiB) Viewed 8063 times
This lust was made worse by watching the latest season of Dead to Me on Netflix. A prominent character wears the black Data Bank and it looked good on him.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Sussa wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 pm I'm lusting after a $20 watch. I know I won't wear it, but like many children of the '80s, I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. And what fun is adulthood if you can't fulfill childhood wants?

This lust was made worse by watching the latest season of Dead to Me on Netflix. A prominent character wears the black Data Bank and it looked good on him.

Adulthood is the ability to afford the childhood you always wanted.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sussa wrote:I'm lusting after a $20 watch. I know I won't wear it, but like many children of the '80s, I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. And what fun is adulthood if you can't fulfill childhood wants?
That's the Christina applegate show right? My wife was watching that, and I feel like I spotted that watch. On the brother or something? She binged the whole series in a couple days. I was working so only caught a few episodes.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:43 pm That's the Christina applegate show right? My wife was watching that, and I feel like I spotted that watch. On the brother or something? She binged the whole series in a couple days. I was working so only caught a few episodes.

Yes, that's it. Great show, highly recommend it. We also binged it in a couple days. The brother wore a Data Link and the youngest son wore a sweet mint green G-Shock.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sussa wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 pm I'm lusting after a $20 watch. I know I won't wear it, but like many children of the '80s, I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. And what fun is adulthood if you can't fulfill childhood wants?

I want it in black, and a matching black 1985 Toyota SR5 4x4 to match.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:

I had the pleasure of driving a friends 4runner turbo years ago. Still slow but awesome. When googling to make sure it was an SR5, I came across this ad. Now this is how you sell a transmission [emoji23]

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:21 pmI had the pleasure of driving a friends 4runner turbo years ago. Still slow but awesome.
Ahh the good old 22R-TE. Only offered in the 4Runner in '86 and '87. 0-60 in something like 18 seconds. :lol:

4Runners with that engine are fetching MINTS these days.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:21 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

I had the pleasure of driving a friends 4runner turbo years ago. Still slow but awesome. When googling to make sure it was an SR5, I came across this ad. Now this is how you sell a transmission [emoji23]

Just a reminder, it's WATCHES we're lusting after [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention]
And there was a transmission in that pic?!?
;)
Click Icon To Contact Me

DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Boourns wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 pm To me, a watch lusted over is different than a grail -- shorter term and may burn out after time. So my lusts change frequently.
Very valid point, although I think my lusts amalgamate well with grails or long-term consideration of purchases as a watch doesn't occupy my mind unless it's something I have to acquire.

Recently, this one has been occupying my thoughts... I will end up getting it, but I guess because it's not available I still lust for a proper modern rendition of the 62mas.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Nsjong wrote:
Very valid point, although I think my lusts amalgamate well with grails or long-term consideration of purchases as a watch doesn't occupy my mind unless it's something I have to acquire.

Recently, this one has been occupying my thoughts... I will end up getting it, but I guess because it's not available I still lust for a proper modern rendition of the 62mas.

Have you seen the fifty four watches homage? Its true to the 37mm original but has an NH35. These look the business if you ask me.
https://www.54watch.com/product-page/sl ... F%E6%9C%AC