As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

What watch are they wearing?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: What watch are they wearing?

Post by peskydonut »

I watch Whose Line Is It Anyway religiously and for the life of me can't figure out what watch Collin is wearing. He's had the same watch on for the last 20yrs.

If you need source material...

https://www.cwseed.com/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway/
Living a comeback montage.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

peskydonut wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:12 pm I watch Whose Line Is It Anyway religiously and for the life of me can't figure out what watch Collin is wearing. He's had the same watch on for the last 20yrs.

I asked him on Twitter. This was his reply:

"It is a Fossil Batman watch. The face has a protective bat-signal." He still has it, too.

I believe it's this one:

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:25 pm
peskydonut wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:12 pm I watch Whose Line Is It Anyway religiously and for the life of me can't figure out what watch Collin is wearing. He's had the same watch on for the last 20yrs.

"It is a Fossil Batman watch. The face has a protective bat-signal." He still has it, too.

I believe it's this one:

Oh my God! You have no idea how happy your post makes me. Everything about it. The watch itself, the fact that you actually contacted him, the fact that he replied. Pure joy.

EDIT: Also, it's funny how far off I was...I was Googling jump hour watches.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I believe it's this one:

That is freaking awesome!!!!!!! I can't believe he responded on Twitter!!!! [mention]peskydonut[/mention], you sent me on a wild goose chase for like an hour last night looking at picks and google searches!!
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Stretch44 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:46 pm

I believe it's this one:

That is freaking awesome!!!!!!! I can't believe he responded on Twitter!!!! @peskydonut, you sent me on a wild goose chase for like an hour last night looking at picks and google searches!!
Sorry about that! If it makes you feel any better, I had bunch more screen grabs ready to upload. Since photos of the watch are no longer relevant, here's one of Collin getting a handful of Brad's junk...

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Started watching "James May: Oh Cook!" this evening.

I noticed in every episode he is wearing a thin, square, black watch. In the second episode there are some pretty clear shots (clearer than my screengrab anyway) of it.

I was able to make out "Rado". Took a look various sites, and it is the True Square R5.5 R28888162.

It makes total sense that my favorite automotive presenter (and favorite "docu-reality" presenter, really) would choose to wear something off the beaten path that is made with "exotic" materials.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Started watching "James May: Oh Cook!" this evening.

I noticed in every episode he is wearing a thin, square, black watch. In the second episode there are some pretty clear shots (clearer than my screengrab anyway) of it.

I was able to make out "Rado". Took a look various sites, and it is the True Square R5.5 R28888162.

It makes total sense that my favorite automotive presenter (and favorite "docu-reality" presenter, really) would choose to wear something off the beaten path that is made with "exotic" materials.
The exotic materials part really is fitting. Haven't watched this show yet, but enjoyed "our man in Japan" more than I probably should have.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:47 pm
ManOnTime wrote:Started watching "James May: Oh Cook!" this evening.

The exotic materials part really is fitting. Haven't watched this show yet, but enjoyed "our man in Japan" more than I probably should have.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
"Sumimasen James May!"

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:18 pm

Not a knock.
But the dial has a very Braun-vibe.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find