Aftermarket bracelets and Hammy Khaki Auto 38...

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
7Pines

Post by 7Pines »

Hi all,
New guy here. I've been active on WUS for about 13 years (same 7Pines handle) and just today discovered MoT. What led me to MoT was a thread on this site back in late 2019 dealing with the very questions I have related to my Khaki Auto 38 and possible bracelet options. If this post is in the wrong category, by all means move it to where it ought to be.
I cannot find that particular thread again, so I'm starting this one in hopes of drawing out the 'compatible bracelet gurus' who posted back in December.
So, I understand Strapcode makes some bracelets designed to fit the Seiko SARB017 Alpinist, which just so happens to fit the Hammy Auto 38 pretty well.
My question is: If basically any aftermarket bracelet is designed to fit an Alpinist, and it has been shown that the lugs and case curvature of the Alpinist and Hammy Auto 38 are reeeeaaaally close, shouldn't they also fit the Hammy Auto 38?
I am seeing mixed reviews of the Strapcode Super-O, but I am intrigued with the Uncle Seiko President bracelet designed to fit the Alpinist. Unlike the Strapcode Super-O, which tapers from 20 to 18 (with an 'over-engineered' double-lock clasp that bumps back up to 20mm), the Uncle Seiko President is a 20/16 with a pressure clasp and flip-lock.
I hope the same bracelet junkies who chimed in on the December, 2019 thread see this and shed some light.
I do like this site, btw! Lots to look at.
Hope everyone is staying healthy through this insidious pandemic, and thanks in advance for any words of wisdom on this subject.
Dan
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Welcome to the forums! I can’t help other than to link to the original post I believe you are referring to... and to say that your Hammy endlinks might work on other bracelets (as opposed to needing to use the entirety of the other bracelet). Good luck!

Another bracelet option for the Seiko Alpinist https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Aftermarket bracelets and Hammy Khaki Auto 38...

Post by yinzburgher »

Glad you joined. Here are some links that may be of use.

Another bracelet option for the Seiko Alpinist

Fitted Strap/Bracelet Compatibility

This Parnis bracelet on the Hammy 38 is not a perfect fit but damn close.

But that Uncle Seiko Prez on the HKFA 38 would look the business. I would be willing to bet it's a great fit. That bracelet HERE has curved hollow end links so I'm sure you could get it to fit perfectly, unlike the jubilee on mine above. I really wanna see this. If you do buy it, please post pics.
7Pines

Post by 7Pines »

Thank you kindly for the welcome! And thanks for finding that original post and link. I will check it out.
I am inclined to order that Uncle Seiko President. They have a good return policy and I'm sure I can quickly determine with one end of the bracelet whether or not it will fit the Khaki Auto. In my mind's eye I can clearly see that the US President would compliment the Khaki Auto very nicely, and I am a sucker for bracelets that taper at least 4mm!
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I’m with you. My Oris Diver’s 65 tapers from 20 all the way down to 14 and its amazing.

Also, make sure to check out Yinz’s post above.
7Pines

Post by 7Pines »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:25 am Image

Glad you joined. Here are some links that may be of use.

Another bracelet option for the Seiko Alpinist

Fitted Strap/Bracelet Compatibility

This Parnis bracelet on the Hammy 38 is not a perfect fit but damn close.

But that Uncle Seiko Prez on the HKFA 38 would look the business. I would be willing to bet it's a great fit. That bracelet HERE has curved hollow end links so I'm sure you could get it to fit perfectly, unlike the jubilee on mine above. I really wanna see this. If you do buy it, please post pics.
Wow! Am I glad I got on board here with MoT!!! Excellent information and more options than I thought would be possible for my HKA!
Thanks a ton for this stuff!
7Pines

Post by 7Pines »

The HKA on that jubilee looks pretty awesome too!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Nothing to add other than thank you for joining. I'm glad you finally found us. :D
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
7Pines

Post by 7Pines »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am Nothing to add other than thank you for joining. I'm glad you finally found us. :D
Why, thank you so much, Matt! I can't say I've ever had so many guys jump on a post from a new guy! Love it! :D :D :D
7Pines

Post by 7Pines »

Okay, Uncle Seiko President was just ordered. Should arrive in about three days...but who knows with the COVID One-Niner. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll fit my sexy HKA and I will indeed post photos when that happens. Not if, but when. I have to believe that basically all bracelets that fit the Alpinist will, to a great extent, fit the HKA.
Excited! Stay tuned!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

7Pines wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 am
ManOnTime wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am Nothing to add other than thank you for joining. I'm glad you finally found us. :D
Why, thank you so much, Matt! I can't say I've ever had so many guys jump on a post from a new guy! Love it! :D :D :D
We're a pretty friendly bunch here.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

7Pines wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:32 am Okay, Uncle Seiko President was just ordered. Should arrive in about three days...but who knows with the COVID One-Niner. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll fit my sexy HKA and I will indeed post photos when that happens. Not if, but when. I have to believe that basically all bracelets that fit the Alpinist will, to a great extent, fit the HKA.
Excited! Stay tuned!
Glad my thread helped you out. I think it should fit great, and can't wait to see pics!