We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Hamilton Khaki Auto on Uncle Seiko President bracelet!!!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
7Pines

Hamilton Khaki Auto on Uncle Seiko President bracelet!!!

Post by 7Pines »

A little back story...
I took a leap of faith and decided that, in theory, any aftermarket bracelet designed to fit the Seiko SARB033 Alpinist should also fit the Khaki Automatic.
With that in mind I ordered and just now installed the Uncle Seiko SARB033/035 President bracelet on my HKA. With just a wee bit of adjusting of the back flat part of the end link that rests against the underside of the lugs (gently press the aforementioned part of the end link so that it is parallel to the top of the end link when looking at the end link from the side), it fit the watch damn near perfectly. I love it. Also, I used the OEM HKA spring bars, and NOT the fatter bars supplied with the bracelet.
Plus, this bracelet tapers from 20mm down to 16mm at the clasp, which utilizes a simple pressure and flip closure. Unlike the Strapcode that is getting press for fitting the HKA, whose clasp bumps back up to 20mm and is over-engineered with a bulky double lock closing system, this Uncle Seiko President is really refined-looking and low profile.
Anyway, I couldn't be happier. Oh, and the Uncle Seiko doesn't have that raised center 'link' on the end links, which I didn't care for anyway.
So there ya go, Hammy brothas! The Uncle Seiko President looks AWESOME on the Hamilton Khaki Auto for about $70.
I have NEVER seen this pairing before online, nor have I read anywhere about this possibility. Stands to chance that this one and other bracelets designed to fit the SARB033 should indeed fit the HKA. Maybe with a bit of a tweak, but what I did was simple and didn't take any time whatsoever.
I could not be more delighted!

Last edited by 7Pines on Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Hamilton Khaki Auto on Uncle Seiko President bracelet!!!

Post by MoT »

7Pines wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pmI have photos but don't know how to post them. Can I post pics directly from my computer? Or do I need to first use a photo hosting site?
You can post images using this method: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1318
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
7Pines

Post by 7Pines »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:21 pm
7Pines wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pmI have photos but don't know how to post them. Can I post pics directly from my computer? Or do I need to first use a photo hosting site?
You can post images using this method: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1318
Matt,
Thanks a ton for that! Couldn't be easier. Have a terrific day!
Dan
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

7Pines wrote:A little back story...
I took a leap of faith and decided that, in theory, any aftermarket bracelet designed to fit the Seiko SARB033 Alpinist should also fit the Khaki Automatic.
With that in mind I ordered and just now installed the Uncle Seiko SARB033/035 President bracelet on my HKA. With just a wee bit of adjusting of the back flat part of the end link that rests against the underside of the lugs (gently press the aforementioned part of the end link so that it is parallel to the top of the end link when looking at the end link from the side), it fit the watch damn near perfectly. I love it. Also, I used the OEM HKA spring bars, and NOT the fatter bars supplied with the bracelet.
Plus, this bracelet tapers from 20mm down to 16mm at the clasp, which utilizes a simple pressure and flip closure. Unlike the Strapcode that is getting press for fitting the HKA, whose clasp bumps back up to 20mm and is over-engineered with a bulky double lock closing system, this Uncle Seiko President is really refined-looking and low profile.
Anyway, I couldn't be happier. Oh, and the Uncle Seiko doesn't have that raised center 'link' on the end links, which I didn't care for anyway.
So there ya go, Hammy brothas! The Uncle Seiko President looks AWESOME on the Hamilton Khaki Auto for about $70.
I have NEVER seen this pairing before online, nor have I read anywhere about this possibility. Stands to chance that this one and other bracelets designed to fit the SARB033 should indeed fit the HKA. Maybe with a bit of a tweak, but what I did was simple and didn't take any time whatsoever.
I could not be more delighted!

Looks great!

Can't help noticing that the clasp is on the wrong way round? Was that by choice?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Looks great! Glad it worked out!