We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sussa
MoT Member

Re: 2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Sussa »

This makes more sense: The Laurel Alpinist above is a limited edition. There are three non-limited versions with more reasonable pricing, a 6R35 movement, and non-matched date window at 3:00. Retail will be $750 for the bracelet models (SPB241, SPB243) and $725 for green-dialed SPB245 on leather.
Laurel.PNG
Seiko seems to be trying to find the balance between high-priced collector's editions and general (though still on the higher side of normal) consumer-grade models that look similar. Assuming they didn't burn bridges with collectors with the last "limited" Alpinist, it's not a bad strategy to draw people in and dazzle them with the LE, then let them satisfice with the affordable ones.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

New Aikons with gmt now. Pass for me at 43mm though. Also no idea on price or much else about it

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:54 am New Aikons with gmt now. Pass for me at 43mm though. Also no idea on price or much else about it

Price is $2,690

ML's website has more information about these - https://www.mauricelacroix.com/us_en/ne ... nturer-gmt

I'm digging the caseback:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Armitron has released a new youth-oriented line they are calling "Next".

https://www.armitron.com/pages/armitron-next

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
praetor

Post by praetor »

i really don't get the Seiko pricing even at that premium level. i mean, that LE Alpinist is $2900 and has inside a 6L35, which is really barely more than Seiko's "clone" of the 2892 (same specs in every way. for those who don't know, it even originates as a drop in replacement for the 2892, meant as an ebauche to compete against it, decades ago [and is the basis for the Soprod A10]. the "new" 6L35 is basically the same thing but it replaces some swiss tech with Seiko's own [shock protection, magic lever, and maybe something else]), while the "another year, another 6105 reissue" diver has the significantly superior 8L35 (which started its life as a GS movement, and is superior to the 6L spec wise in every way except thickness :)), and is also priced 2900... and that on a bracelet (not that Seiko bracelets are any good :P), with a cool textured dial and all the other complications that come with a diver... plus, look at that step on the flank!

how in hell can these 2 watches be the same price?! if the SLA051 is a 2900$ watch, that Laurel LE shouldn't have been more than 1500$ (unless it has some super mega fancy dial material, like enameled meteorite from Vulcan or something)

the 6L35, not the 6Rs is what Seiko should be putting in its 1k offerings (at the very least in the Presage line). if the general public who buys this cared even a tinsy tiny bit more about movements, nobody would be buying those things at those prices
AceRimmer
MoT Member

Post by AceRimmer »

There are a lot of people in this world with so much money they don't know what to do with it. That's the only explanation for people spending $3000 on a watch with a date window that looks like it was added as a joke by some Seiko factory worker who was about to quit his job.
Rixsler86
MoT Member

Post by Rixsler86 »

Landed_Alien wrote:Bulova is releasing a new Devil Diver: https://www.bulova.com/us/en/product/96B350.html

Aside from a limited edition, the reissues from a couple of years ago were all 44mm wide, but this is coming in a much more sensible (and sympathetic to the original) 41mm. It still has the Myitoa 8xxx movement, and at the moment only seems to come in orange. No SS bracelet anymore either, just a black rubber strap. And they seemed to have made the case more satin (the 44mm models were high polish everywhere). MSRP is $750

Hodinkee article here: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bulov ... ntroducing

I've had the green 44mm on my wishlist for a while now, and even though I've tried it on my average sized wrists and it seemed wear not too badly, I couldn't get over the fact that it was probably too big. I might have to pick this up instead (when Jomashop has it at half the MSRP ;) )
IMG_20200816_131231.jpg
Here is that orange. It definitely is in your face. But beautiful.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nikon Z6

Tudor Black Bay Steel
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Breitling Chronomat
Alpina Alpiner Extreme
Bulova x Complecto Jet Star
Brew Retromatic Copper
Fossil Mickey Mouse
Ernest Borel Athletic
Casio GWB5600AR-1
G-Shock DW5040PG
Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

Straton Comp driver auto or mecha-quartz on pre-order.
$999 and $329 respectively, 30% off normal pricing.

https://www.stratonwc.com/products/str ... -pre-order

Even comes with a purple dial version.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

New Zodiac limited edition collab with Huckberry. Still in preorder, but shipping out next week.

Huckberry x Zodiac Super Sea Wolf “Farallon”, model # ZO9284

Price is $1,095

Estimated delivery is March 7-14th.

https://huckberry.com/store/zodiac/cate ... f-farallon

An exclusive collaboration between Huckberry and Zodiac to put our own nautical spin on their most popular watch ever, inspired by the rugged Farallon Islands

Twenty-seven nautical miles off the coast of San Francisco, the Farallon Islands rise out of the fog of the Pacific like a series of jagged, ghostly teeth, which are largely uninhabitable, despite man’s best efforts throughout history. The nickname “devil’s teeth” was earned not from the islands’ shape when viewed at high magnification from our own backyard on a clear day, but from what patrols the dark and bitterly cold waters surrounding their razor-sharp shoals.

The Huckberry x Zodiac Sea Wolf ‘Farallon’ Edition pays homage to this harsh, wind-battered place, which is now off-limits to man, but home to a thriving population of great white sharks, who’ve hunted these waters with impunity since the beginning of time. We chose a dark blue dial, pierced only at its ‘surface’ at 12:00 by light, to represent the islands’ perch at the edge of the Continental Slope before it drops away to depths exceeding 11,000 feet. Contrasting these inky depths, is a ‘signal yellow’ color code often used in the implements vital to marine science in the region, also symbolizing this cluster of sacred islands as an ecological beacon, teeming with ocean life.

Specs:

- Limited edition run of only 82 watches, each one numbered on the caseback
- Engraved caseback includes a co-branded design and the coordinates to the Farallon Islands
- Movement: Swiss-made STP 1-11
- Certified as a chronometer with the highest levels of accuracy as defined by the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute
- Case Diameter: 40 mm
- Case Height: 14 mm
- Strap Width: 20 mm
- Case Material: Stainless steel
- Crystal Material: Sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating
- Case Bezel: Mineral crystal
- Case Back: Stainless steel screwdown caseback
- Crown: Screwdown crown
- Dial: Twilight Blue
- Lume: C3 SuperLuminova
- Water resistance: 200m
- Covered by Zodiac's two-year international warranty
- Includes two different straps and a custom, waterproof dive box to house the watch and straps
Click Icon To Contact Me

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

[mention]SeaborneBrian[/mention] just posted this to the Seaborne IG page and wanted to share here. I'll update with additional info as it becomes available, but also be sure to keep an eye on the Brand Showcase section for Seaborne watches here: Seaborne Brand Showcase

Info:
"More of the Seaborne Windward Concept. Our 37mm take on dressy field watch category. 10mm thick, cool domed sapphire crystal, Miyota 90 series movement (with quartz available as well). The dial is very interesting on this one - a sandwich dial with wave texture in middle and sand on the outside. 4 colorway concepts currently. Feedback always welcome!"
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.33.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.33.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.46 AM.png
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

[mention]Rabirnie[/mention] - thanks for sharing! They look nice. :) Hopefully good atm :)
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Rabirnie wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 am @SeaborneBrian just posted this to the Seaborne IG page and wanted to share here. I'll update with additional info as it becomes available, but also be sure to keep an eye on the Brand Showcase section for Seaborne watches here: Seaborne Brand Showcase

Info:
"More of the Seaborne Windward Concept. Our 37mm take on dressy field watch category. 10mm thick, cool domed sapphire crystal, Miyota 90 series movement (with quartz available as well). The dial is very interesting on this one - a sandwich dial with wave texture in middle and sand on the outside. 4 colorway concepts currently. Feedback always welcome!"

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.33.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.33.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.46 AM.png
Man I really like these. I am initially drawn to the teal/orange one. I like colors. But at least in the pic provided, you almost lose the sandwich dial in the face of the bright colors, especially compared to the navy dial. Is it possible to make the deal a little darker? This might not matter when you see it in the metal because it will be more noticeable in 3D.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Quite a jump in design aesthetic from Brian.
I like those a LOT!
Click Icon To Contact Me

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

We should all get one and have a MoT edition!!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rabirnie wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 am
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.33.35 AM.png
The teal/coral is the one for me.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody