As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Bargain basement hand wound mechanical challenge

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Bargain basement hand wound mechanical challenge

Post by Elkins45 »

Based on comments from my bargain basement automatic challenge I decided to start this separate thread just for mechanical watches that are not self-winding. What’s the cheapest new watch you can find?

The rules are the same:

1) New or at least NOS. No used watches unless they are somehow part of a big batch of identical ones being sold individually.
2) Not an auction. Item must be available at a fixed price.
3) No one-offs. It should be a stocking retail item, not a last-available clearance. Someone should be able to buy 3-4 of them if they wanted.
4)Ali Express, Rakuten and Wish are excluded. No real reason other than just because I prefer not to fool with them.
5) The watch should be the main item of purchase. No "free watch if you buy this bowl of soup" or other promotions
Elkins45
MoT Member

Re: Bargain basement hand wound mechanical challenge

Post by Elkins45 »

I will start by bringing over a post by [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] that seems to be the current contender.
Sporkboy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:44 am $10.99 free shipping on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Business-Casua ... 890.l49292

E7516DD4-772D-4157-9994-F4A08E890733.jpeg
This particular watch ships from the USA, making it even more of an amazing bargain. Feeling the urge to see just how terrible it could be...