We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
pgcity
MoT Member

Re: 2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by pgcity »

pgcity wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:01 am RJM Bluebird, 334 pieces made from tip of left wing of a Spitfire aircraft.
rjm.jpg

not much on details yet:
https://www.recwatches.com/pages/rjm-bl ... 5jY2QifQ==

link to main website: https://www.recwatches.com/
And it's ready for pre order from today for USD 1295
DIMENSIONS
Diameter 41mm

(40mm without crown protector)

Height 10.9mm

Opening diameter 33mm

Weight 78g

FEATURES
3 Hands w. lume/ Date

Blue Sunburst dial w. luminous

Stainless steel case

Stainless steel bezel

2 years full warranty

3 ATM, 30 meters

MOVEMENT
Reference Miyota cal. 9015 movement with rotor decoration

Type Mechanical, self-winding

Frequency 28,800 VPH (4.0 hz)

Power reserve 42 hours

Jewels 24

MATERIALS
Case 316L Stainless steel

Top glass Sapphire Crystal with 3 layers of anti-reflective coating

Caseback glass Mineral Crystal

DIAL
The handcrafted and untreated aluminum dial is cut directly from the wings of the PT879 MK IX Spitfire aircraft. Every dial features the original marks and dents of its Spitfire aircraft donor. This also means that every dial is visibly unique.

STRAP
Strap Width 20 mm
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Manufaktur Waldhoff will launch 2 all new tourbillon timepieces on Kickstarter within the next 5 days. Link to website https://manufaktur-waldhoff.de/

Front view:

Rear view:

Side view(lower your volume before watching this one):

Info posted on KS Watches Facebook group:
Hangzhou 3452 Co-Axial Tourbillon with high-frequency (28,800bph) and 80 hours of power reserve thanks to twin barrels. The dial ring and index are supplied by a Taiwanese (premium level) dial manufacturer, and the hands and index are filled with Swiss Tritec luminous (due to the rather small surface area, they won't be nearly as bright as a diving watch). The watch consists of a real Swiss sapphire case surrounded by a steel frame.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:21 pm The top photo above showed up today on the Watchville app. It was accompanied by a headline from Fratello Watches that read "Breaking News: Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical (Live Pictures + Pricing). When I clicked on the story it just lead me to a page with all the Hamilton reviews and stories but there was no sign of this watch. I tried a few times and I tried going to the Fratello site, but once again, no story. I googled and got nothing. My guess is that Fratello accidentally released a prepared article about this watch but there is still a press embargo. Watchville, being a good little aggregator, put the story in their feed and the header remained even after Fratello realized their oops and deleted the article. Google Images found me these photos a little while ago but so far there is no other info that I've been able to find. The residual link for the story still shows up with a search but it just leads to the same Hamilton page on Fratello. The watch appears to be a recreation of the W10 (photo of an original below), a military watch that was made by a number of companies including Hamilton and CWC. I believe MWC still makes a watch like this. The reference number for this new Hamilton is H764190 as shown on the caseback in one of the images. It has 100m of water resistance. Judging by the word "mechanical" on the dial, I'm sure it will be a hand-winding movement, probably either the ETA 2801 or more likely Hamilton's H-50 movement, which is basically the 2801 with a lower beat rate and longer power reserve. Anybody else find any other info? Any thoughts about the watch?
That. Is. Awesome! If anybody wants one, just wait til I get mine and get bored with it, but I _really_ like it!
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

Seiko is launching an enamel dialed presage with Spring Drive movement
IMG_5641.JPG
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/seiko ... ring-drive
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

synequano wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:13 am Seiko is launching an enamel dialed presage with Spring Drive movement

IMG_5641.JPG

OMG
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

synequano wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:13 am Seiko is launching an enamel dialed presage with Spring Drive movement

IMG_5641.JPG

Remove the power reserve, or move it to 12:00 if possible, move the date to 6:00 (or remove it completely) and it would be perfect.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Looks like this post from Oris was put up and then taken down, but not before someone screen grabbed it.
Don't know anything more, but from their most recent FB post there may be an official announcement from Oris tomorrow.

69493605_10156447182827611_6672374957265125376_o.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am Looks like this post from Oris was put up and then taken down, but not before someone screen grabbed it.
Don't know anything more, but from their most recent FB post there may be an official announcement from Oris tomorrow.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

ManOnTime wrote:

IMG_5641.JPG

Remove the power reserve, or move it to 12:00 if possible, move the date to 6:00 (or remove it completely) and it would be perfect.
Perfection is when they do that and slashed the price 75%....there are other watches I’d get for €4650...
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

synequano wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:11 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

IMG_5641.JPG

Perfection is when they do that and slashed the price 75%....there are other watches I’d get for €4650...

There is that. €4650 for essentially a quartz watch (yes, I opened that can of worms) is nuts.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

atdegs wrote:
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:21 pm The top photo above showed up today on the Watchville app. It was accompanied by a headline from Fratello Watches that read "Breaking News: Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical (Live Pictures + Pricing). When I clicked on the story it just lead me to a page with all the Hamilton reviews and stories but there was no sign of this watch. I tried a few times and I tried going to the Fratello site, but once again, no story. I googled and got nothing. My guess is that Fratello accidentally released a prepared article about this watch but there is still a press embargo. Watchville, being a good little aggregator, put the story in their feed and the header remained even after Fratello realized their oops and deleted the article. Google Images found me these photos a little while ago but so far there is no other info that I've been able to find. The residual link for the story still shows up with a search but it just leads to the same Hamilton page on Fratello. The watch appears to be a recreation of the W10 (photo of an original below), a military watch that was made by a number of companies including Hamilton and CWC. I believe MWC still makes a watch like this. The reference number for this new Hamilton is H764190 as shown on the caseback in one of the images. It has 100m of water resistance. Judging by the word "mechanical" on the dial, I'm sure it will be a hand-winding movement, probably either the ETA 2801 or more likely Hamilton's H-50 movement, which is basically the 2801 with a lower beat rate and longer power reserve. Anybody else find any other info? Any thoughts about the watch?
That. Is. Awesome! If anybody wants one, just wait til I get mine and get bored with it, but I _really_ like it!
Sign me up!
Living a comeback montage.
Tarak Trisaltuol

Post by Tarak Trisaltuol »

TheJohnP wrote:Looks like this post from Oris was put up and then taken down, but not before someone screen grabbed it.

This looks pretty awesome in that Pic! Thanks for sharing!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

yinzburgher wrote:
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:21 pm Image
The top photo above showed up today on the Watchville app. It was accompanied by a headline from Fratello Watches that read "Breaking News: Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical (Live Pictures + Pricing). When I clicked on the story it just lead me to a page with all the Hamilton reviews and stories but there was no sign of this watch. I tried a few times and I tried going to the Fratello site, but once again, no story. I googled and got nothing. My guess is that Fratello accidentally released a prepared article about this watch but there is still a press embargo. Watchville, being a good little aggregator, put the story in their feed and the header remained even after Fratello realized their oops and deleted the article. Google Images found me these photos a little while ago but so far there is no other info that I've been able to find. The residual link for the story still shows up with a search but it just leads to the same Hamilton page on Fratello. The watch appears to be a recreation of the W10 (photo of an original below), a military watch that was made by a number of companies including Hamilton and CWC. I believe MWC still makes a watch like this. The reference number for this new Hamilton is H764190 as shown on the caseback in one of the images. It has 100m of water resistance. Judging by the word "mechanical" on the dial, I'm sure it will be a hand-winding movement, probably either the ETA 2801 or more likely Hamilton's H-50 movement, which is basically the 2801 with a lower beat rate and longer power reserve. Anybody else find any other info? Any thoughts about the watch?

The Fratello write-up for this new Hamilton is now back up on their site. Link and details below.

FRATELLO: The Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical

Details and Specifications
Brand: Hamilton
Model: Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical
Reference: H76419931(nylon), H76419531(leather)
Dial: Black
Case Material: Stainless Steel
Case Dimensions: 36mm x 33mm
Crystal: Hardened mineral crystal in box shape with double antireflective
Case Back: Stainless steel (4 screws, Hamilton engraving)
Movement: Caliber H-50 (Base ETA2801-2), hand-wound movement,
Power reserve: 80-hours,
Beat Rate: 21600VPH
Water Resistance: 100m
Strap: Grey textile and brown leather NATO strap
Functions: Time
Price: €745 (textile NATO) €795 (leather NATO)
Warranty: Two years
Availability: September 2019
Thinking of buying this watch, but goes completely against my MO of buying low.

Can anyone from the future chime in how much the price has dropped?

---

Someone on WUS is claiming their jeweler is selling for $590. Suppose I can wait.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

X-posting in case anyone is interested. New Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical can be had for under $700 usd...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=123&p=32924#p32924
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

peskydonut wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:17 pm
yinzburgher wrote:
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:21 pm Image
The top photo above showed up today on the Watchville app. It was accompanied by a headline from Fratello Watches that read "Breaking News: Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical (Live Pictures + Pricing). When I clicked on the story it just lead me to a page with all the Hamilton reviews and stories but there was no sign of this watch. I tried a few times and I tried going to the Fratello site, but once again, no story. I googled and got nothing. My guess is that Fratello accidentally released a prepared article about this watch but there is still a press embargo. Watchville, being a good little aggregator, put the story in their feed and the header remained even after Fratello realized their oops and deleted the article. Google Images found me these photos a little while ago but so far there is no other info that I've been able to find. The residual link for the story still shows up with a search but it just leads to the same Hamilton page on Fratello. The watch appears to be a recreation of the W10 (photo of an original below), a military watch that was made by a number of companies including Hamilton and CWC. I believe MWC still makes a watch like this. The reference number for this new Hamilton is H764190 as shown on the caseback in one of the images. It has 100m of water resistance. Judging by the word "mechanical" on the dial, I'm sure it will be a hand-winding movement, probably either the ETA 2801 or more likely Hamilton's H-50 movement, which is basically the 2801 with a lower beat rate and longer power reserve. Anybody else find any other info? Any thoughts about the watch?

The Fratello write-up for this new Hamilton is now back up on their site. Link and details below.

FRATELLO: The Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical

Details and Specifications
Brand: Hamilton
Model: Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical
Reference: H76419931(nylon), H76419531(leather)
Dial: Black
Case Material: Stainless Steel
Case Dimensions: 36mm x 33mm
Crystal: Hardened mineral crystal in box shape with double antireflective
Case Back: Stainless steel (4 screws, Hamilton engraving)
Movement: Caliber H-50 (Base ETA2801-2), hand-wound movement,
Power reserve: 80-hours,
Beat Rate: 21600VPH
Water Resistance: 100m
Strap: Grey textile and brown leather NATO strap
Functions: Time
Price: €745 (textile NATO) €795 (leather NATO)
Warranty: Two years
Availability: September 2019
Thinking of buying this watch, but goes completely against my MO of buying low.

Can anyone from the future chime in how much the price has dropped?

---

Someone on WUS is claiming their jeweler is selling for $590. Suppose I can wait.
🚀🌌 🤖 Due to an error set my watch, I am from roughly 5 minutes in the future. That probably doesn't give me much of an advantage when it comes to price prognosticating. However I pay fairly close attention to Hamilton prices. Nothing I have read so far seem to indicate that these are in any way limited in production. And the 33mm size will likely temper the demand somewhat. So my best guess is that after a few months time these will dip below the $500 mark. I think in 6 months they'll probably be around $450 or lower. Also, I'm just adding the links on Hamilton's site as they were not up at the time of the news releases.

H76419931 with nylon strap

H76419531 with leather strap