WRUW

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: WRUW

Post by Bbrou33 »

Rabirnie wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:Image
Mine is out for delivery today and I can’t wait to open it up! You posting about this watch and how versatile it is made me need it in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I'm just going to have to pull the trigger on one of these too. It's so versatile and can replace a few watches I need to get rid of anyway probably.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
norsairius
MoT Member

Post by norsairius »

TheJohnP wrote:High noon with the Mondaine Gottardo limited edition Stop2Go

Man, I had one of these and it’s one of those watches I really regret letting go of. Looks great!

quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

I bought this watch to match my work desk.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

frrriiiiiiddddaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!
0EB2BACB-F337-4817-B0ED-37AECE54CEE1.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Flieger Friday!

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

quincas wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 am Image

How do you find the readability? I have worn mine a couple of days, and it seems slightly better than a negative display, but that may just be honeymoon period with a new watch.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

I've admired this green version for sometime and missed out on it a couple times at the $275ish mark. Finally grabbed it at a much better price thanks to the helpful enablers around here and I'm very happy with it. Actually like it even more then I expected to. Thanks again guys 👍
20191213_134932.jpg
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

AndyS wrote:

How do you find the readability? I have worn mine a couple of days, and it seems slightly better than a negative display, but that may just be honeymoon period with a new watch.
It’s quite a bit better than the negative display, actually. A slight tilt and adjustment of the wrist and you can see it even clearer. It’s not as readable as the regular LCDs but I don’t need to stare longer than a second to read time, that’s for sure.

And the red backlight helps. A lot. And its bright. The slight bit that annoys me is how you can see white light at the corners where the red doesn’t cover fully. But that’s only if you tilt the watch to view from an extreme angle.

But, I love this watch. Looks very different from the regular square. If only it came on the composite bracelet......
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

mplsabdullah wrote:I've admired this green version for sometime and missed out on it a couple times at the $275ish mark. Finally grabbed it at a much better price thanks to the helpful enablers around here and I'm very happy with it. Actually like it even more then I expected to. Thanks again guys [emoji106]
20191213_134932.jpg
Really nice! Congratulations to you and all the guys (and gals) who got this when the codes stacked.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

This new air fryer is the tits!

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

quincas wrote:
AndyS wrote:

It’s quite a bit better than the negative display, actually. A slight tilt and adjustment of the wrist and you can see it even clearer. It’s not as readable as the regular LCDs but I don’t need to stare longer than a second to read time, that’s for sure.

And the red backlight helps. A lot. And its bright. The slight bit that annoys me is how you can see white light at the corners where the red doesn’t cover fully. But that’s only if you tilt the watch to view from an extreme angle.

But, I love this watch. Looks very different from the regular square. If only it came on the composite bracelet......
I ordered a $16 knock off combi from Ali Express to try.
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

Seiko presage for the Friday drive home!

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody