WRUW

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: WRUW

Post by yinzburgher »

Glycine Airman Double Twelve. I've been working near Philly the past two months but I have a full week off starting today. Gonna drive up to NYC for just a few hours to check out the Wind Up Watch Fair. Glycine won't be there so it's a bit like wearing your Chili Peppers t-shirt to the Radiohead concert. If anyone else is gonna be up there this afternoon send me a message.

I guess I'm a sideways poster from now on.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

From yesterday, stuck in traffic somewhere outside Sacramento. What's the hold up? Oh apparently a trailer caught fire ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

"Landshark!"

IMG_20191026_130012.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Finally wearing the Bulova Lunar Pilot. Woot! Bought it back in July and it's been sitting in a box since then. I have a 6.75" wrist and the watch seemed borderline too big, I just never got around to flipping it.

Yesterday the Watch Steward minimalist straps came in and I decided to give them a go with the Bulova. I really dig it on this strap. Because it's elastic (formfitting) and doesn't pass under the watch at all, this strap does a great job at giving you a NATO-like look without the bulk.
IMG_20191026_133027176_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191026_140709127_HDR.jpg
Last edited by peskydonut on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living a comeback montage.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

59yukon01 wrote:Regarding TapaCrap. The best advice I can give is do not EVER upgrade the app provided you are happy with the current version you use.

Inevitably it will be worse and features you once had will be gone. I learned that the hard way and definitely will not be upgrading again, especially if they are now limiting the number of photos you upload from your phone.
Well Tapatalk just put the final nail in the coffin. Look at the update from today! It doesn't let you upload in original size anymore unless you pay

Edit: I can't even upload a screenshot of it because they aren't letting free users upload more than 10 pictures A MONTH! wtf
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:Regarding TapaCrap. The best advice I can give is do not EVER upgrade the app provided you are happy with the current version you use.

Inevitably it will be worse and features you once had will be gone. I learned that the hard way and definitely will not be upgrading again, especially if they are now limiting the number of photos you upload from your phone.
Well Tapatalk just put the final nail in the coffin. Look at the update from today! It doesn't let you upload in original size anymore unless you pay

Edit: I can't even upload a screenshot of it because they aren't letting free users upload more than 10 pictures A MONTH! wtf
My version definitely isn't limiting the number of photos I upload. Probably did 10 today.

Are these limits being imposed if you use an image hosting site?

I just upload directly from my phone after snapping a picture is why I ask.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

59yukon01 wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

My version definitely isn't limiting the number of photos I upload. Probably did 10 today.

Are these limits being imposed if you use an image hosting site?

I just upload directly from my phone after snapping a picture is why I ask.
Yup I always upload just from my phone through Tapatalk.

So I uninstalled it and installed a pirated Pro version of it and now I have all the features back. Except it still won't let me upload any pictures saying "you've reached 10 image uploads for the month. Join Tapatalk VIP for more". Also left a terrible review on the play store.
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

If you can still upload as many pics as you want with Tapatalk don't ever update it.

Took a pic sideways today to upload without Tapatalk.
Attachments
20191026_164047.jpg
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

mplsabdullah wrote:If you can still upload as many pics as you want with Tapatalk don't ever update it.
Unfortunately, my phone is set to auto update apps and now I'm stuck with the latest version.

Does anyone know if there is a competitor to TT? Using a browser for these forums is painful, but TT's pricing for the paid version is outrageous.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

PetrosD wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote:If you can still upload as many pics as you want with Tapatalk don't ever update it.
Unfortunately, my phone is set to auto update apps and now I'm stuck with the latest version.

Does anyone know if there is a competitor to TT? Using a browser for these forums is painful, but TT's pricing for the paid version is outrageous.
The last update stopped allowing multiple pics to upload at one time. Without thinking I ran the latest update and things got worse.

Their tactics to almost force a person to upgrade is pretty bad imo. Especially when I read so many bad quality reviews from people who did end up paying for it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetrosD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:56 pm
mplsabdullah wrote:Using a browser for these forums is painful

How, specifically? It functions exactly as it does on computer.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

ManOnTime wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote:Using a browser for these forums is painful

Not sure why that says I said that. However I will say that uploading via Tapatalk was easier. Especially with the whole pic flip thing.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

mplsabdullah wrote:
ManOnTime wrote:

Not sure why that says I said that. However I will say that uploading via Tapatalk was easier. Especially with the whole pic flip thing.

Yeah this site runs great on mobile but the picture upload with Tapatalk was ridiculously convenient, versus uploading to imgur and then linking in a forum post. There's really no alternative app to Tapatalk either because they have their own custom API and run the show.
I use this forum 95% from my phone too
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The attachment function works on the mobile version of this site. You just have to make sure the image is 5mb or less.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT