We're Moving!

Click for more info.

WRUW

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: WRUW

Post by Bbrou33 »

Wheels up[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 2b556b.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Timing presentations today with my Timex Chrono on Barton canvas, which I just love.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... aac1b8.jpg[/IMG]
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm
cel4145 wrote:The Hamilton I had on earlier was tagged out by the Movado Heritage Chronograph.
Photoshop Express Charm11 filter

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4RCXJ2Z/movado-he ... ograph.jpg[/img]
Just when I have written off a brand and think they don't offer anything I like you go and post this! Great looking watch man! And great pics as usual.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Thanks! And thanks to everyone else, too :)

It is definitely a great looking watch that doesn't have any design ties to the museum style. However, a couple of negatives. It's hard to get a very good deal on. I still feel like I paid some of the Movado price inflation for it as a quartz watch at $366 off Ebay. But I just really liked the retro evil panda look.

And then later while watching Netflix, I discovered that this is the watch that Doug Stamper wears on House of Cards. I thought it was kinda cool to see that Jack Ryan of the Amazon series wears the Hamilton Khaki Titanium I also shared a photo of yesterday. But Doug Stamper? Well, those of you who have seen House of Cards know what I mean. It's like that feeling you get when you find a hair in your food in a restaurant. Yuck!

Maybe we need a thread for that: watches that you own that you were disappointed to discover someone famous wears.
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

That looks really good!

How do you like the comfort of the Barton canvas straps? I find them to be among the most comfortable straps that I own once they break in just a little bit.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

cel4145 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:29 pm
That looks really good!

How do you like the comfort of the Barton canvas straps? I find them to be among the most comfortable straps that I own once they break in just a little bit.
Thanks! Even with all the new turtles this one is still my favorite. This strap is brand new so it hasn't really been broken in yet but in general I really like canvas straps for comfort and I really think Barton offers good value. Assuming it softens and breaks in a little bit, I'll be very happy with it.
Believe it or not, these canvas straps from Chinese sellers for less than $2 are probably some of my most comfortable.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=138
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm
cel4145 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:29 pm
That looks really good!

Thanks! Even with all the new turtles this one is still my favorite. This strap is brand new so it hasn't really been broken in yet but in general I really like canvas straps for comfort and I really think Barton offers good value. Assuming it softens and breaks in a little bit, I'll be very happy with it.
Believe it or not, these canvas straps from Chinese sellers for less than $2 are probably some of my most comfortable.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=138
Less than $2??? :D Ordered!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Today I am wearing the Bulova Moonwatch that I purchased from the deals thread a few weeks ago. Thank you! I apologize for the light...it’s dark here in the Command Module simulator. We will be in here most of the day testing procedures 8-) . I’m mean...errr, wait...there is a line of kids waiting to climb in so me and the four year old need to run :lol:.

[img][/img][img][/img]
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Decided to wear this green dial Orient 3 star that I haven't worn in forever. The bracelet it was on wasn't the best, so thought it might look good on one of the straps I picked up when Lake House Leathers closed up shop.

I think I made a good choice.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 495455.jpg[/IMG]

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

mrb12186
MoT Member

Post by mrb12186 »

Robotaz wrote:[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... dd7219.jpg[/IMG]

@robotazky
How are you liking this piece? I picked one up a few months back myself but I’ve only ever tried it on a few times. I love every pic that I’ve seen of it, yours included, but it’s a different story on the wrist. I want to start wearing it to see if I bond with it but my head is telling me to keep it in new condition and flip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

mrb12186 wrote:
Robotaz wrote:[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... dd7219.jpg[/IMG]

@robotazky
How are you liking this piece? I picked one up a few months back myself but I’ve only ever tried it on a few times. I love every pic that I’ve seen of it, yours included, but it’s a different story on the wrist. I want to start wearing it to see if I bond with it but my head is telling me to keep it in new condition and flip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love mine. One of the best deals I’ve ever gotten. My wife told me 5 minutes ago that she loves it because you can’t see the crystal.

@robotazky