We're Moving!

Click for more info.

>>>< The Ultimate Timex Thread ><<<

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Re: >>>< The Ultimate Timex Thread ><<<

Post by Wolfsatz »

:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Marlins

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Wolfsatz wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am I like the world timer in black. I might need it if it isn’t too thick.
2F874D1C-F2A6-4B13-8A7B-3D2D48AA4790.jpeg
What is your definition of need... sir?

need to stay away from the bargain thread.... I N C O M I N G T S C H R O N O W I N D I G L O
Need is a moving target, which I refuse to define. I saw this Chrono and wished it was stainless. Being as it is, I don’t need another chronograph as the one seems plenty for me. A world timer is something I have been looking at lately, but I guess I don’t really need one.

I keep telling me self I don’t need anything new and that I am happy with my current collection. Then I see something like this world timer and start to think again. Of course, my world travel days are behind me, so I may be able to resist this indefinitely.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Wolfsatz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 pm RIP Weekender

It is a bit puzzling how one of the best and most popular Timex watch has gotten the axe... at least from the naming perspective. I do believe that the new Standard does brings up all the qualities of the Weekender and takes it to the next level; but why the name change? I do not like the standard name; standard to me steers me in the 'one more of the bunch' thinking as opposed as to what really means 'setting the standard'; however does this means that we can expect the Scouts to become Stainless Steel? No.. we already got the MK1s.

Anyway, just wanted to capture how great these babies are:

ImageWeekender by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Agreed that the name change won't do it any favors. Question in general for Team Timex.......Is there anything new and different about the Standard in comparison to the Weekender? I can't seem to make out any differences in appearance or specs.

And another question for [mention]Wolfsatz[/mention] but anybody else is welcome to weigh in as well. A while back you sold a Waterbury TW2R25400, the one pictured below. I should have bought it from you at the time but now I really want one. Not 100% sure but I'll likely be buying this one over a couple of others I've scoped out. Was there any particular reason you sold this one? Was there anything you didn't like about it?

Lastly, my Q wristies from yesterday.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

yinzburgher wrote:
Wolfsatz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 pm RIP Weekender

It is a bit puzzling how one of the best and most popular Timex watch has gotten the axe... at least from the naming perspective. I do believe that the new Standard does brings up all the qualities of the Weekender and takes it to the next level; but why the name change? I do not like the standard name; standard to me steers me in the 'one more of the bunch' thinking as opposed as to what really means 'setting the standard'; however does this means that we can expect the Scouts to become Stainless Steel? No.. we already got the MK1s.

Anyway, just wanted to capture how great these babies are:

Agreed that the name change won't do it any favors. Question in general for Team Timex.......Is there anything new and different about the Standard in comparison to the Weekender? I can't seem to make out any differences in appearance or specs.

And another question for [mention]Wolfsatz[/mention] but anybody else is welcome to weigh in as well. A while back you sold a Waterbury TW2R25400, the one pictured below. I should have bought it from you at the time but now I really want one. Not 100% sure but I'll likely be buying this one over a couple of others I've scoped out. Was there any particular reason you sold this one? Was there anything you didn't like about it?

Lastly, my Q wristies from yesterday.
I sold it because it felt small at 38mm with 18mm bracelet. However, the Easy Reader 38mm with 20mm feels great.

Sent from Cyberspace Central Command
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Wolfsatz wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:47 pm
I sold it because it felt small at 38mm with 18mm bracelet. However, the Easy Reader 38mm with 20mm feels great.
Thanks, I appreciate it. That's good to know. It's still at the top of my list but I may look around at some others while I wait to see if I can find this one a bit cheaper.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Also in the WRUW thread but hey. Here it is- my only Timex currently- but that white dial Waterbury field watch a couple posts back looks killer! I'm tempted...

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

yinzburgher wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate it. That's good to know. It's still at the top of my list but I may look around at some others while I wait to see if I can find this one a bit cheaper.
Is 40mm a good case size to you? if you want to stick with the 38mm I recommend the waterbury unitedhttps://www.timex.com/waterbury-united- ... le#start=1 on sale at timex right now.

the whole watch was done just a bit better than the white one.

The bracelet was a bit disappointing too...

ImageTX by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Wolfsatz wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 pm
yinzburgher wrote:
Is 40mm a good case size to you? if you want to stick with the 38mm I recommend the waterbury unitedhttps://www.timex.com/waterbury-united- ... le#start=1 on sale at timex right now.

the whole watch was done just a bit better than the white one.

The bracelet was a bit disappointing too...

ImageTX by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Both 38 and 40mm are good for me but I don't want anything bigger. I'm looking for a very legible white dial. Maybe off-white but nothing darker.
Definitely Indiglo. A slight preference for no-date but i won't rule out an unobtrusive date. I don't care about a bracelet and in fact it would probably be better if it came with a strap, any kind. Whatever it is will probably go on some aftermarket strap. There is a Mr Porter model that is also on my radar and a couple others. Appreciate the help Wolfsatz. On another note, that one you have ⬆ there is awesome! Very cool funky model. Also, I'm done with the deals thread but doesn't mean I don't still hunt deals. So if anyone is after a good price on an Easy Reader, shopemco on ebay has a blue one, TW2R62400 for just 20 beans. It's 38mm but it's listed as women's so it won't sell out too quickly. 👇

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Timex Women's Easy Reader Color Pop 38mm Leather |Gray| Casual Watch TW2R62400 IS A GREAT WATCH.. and the leather strap is superb.

I gifted my wife one.. and got the other one for myself which I didn't use and went to Sporkboy as a trade.. however I kept the strap.

There are a few white dials with no date.... The whole watch is really good. Even though there are sold as womens... some color combos are not girly at tall.

Here's a new one that looks pretty decent
Timex Women's Easy Reader Color Pop 38mm Leather |Tan| Casual Watch TW2R62700
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timex-Womens-E ... 505946e16f

and there is also the Easy Reader Signature... I also got the gold edition.. but gifted it.. the all silver version is pretty slick
Timex Men's Easy Reader Leather Strap 38mm Watch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timex-Mens-Eas ... SwqiVdyfTf
ImageER Pop by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

New to the herd

ImageTX Vintage Chrono by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by Wolfsatz, on Flickr