As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by TheJohnP »

At over 60% off plus an additional 10%, couldn't resist trying out these vegan leather cork straps from WatchGecko.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:44 pm Because @peskydonut is an enabler.
Evil donut! How dare he!!!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:55 pm At over 60% off plus an additional 10%, couldn't resist trying out these vegan leather cork straps from WatchGecko.

Let me know your thoughts when you get them. I've been interested in them.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Casio G-Shock GA2100-1A1 "Casioak" incoming. This is probably not the G for me but I kind of wanna see if there is anything to the hype. No discount but I got one for MSRP and cash back to cover tax. People have been paying well over retail for this one so if the hype or the demand doesn't crater, I should be able to get my money back when I sell.

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:13 am Casio G-Shock GA2100-1A1 "Casioak" incoming. This is probably not the G for me but I kind of wanna see if there is anything to the hype. No discount but I got one for MSRP and cash back to cover tax. People have been paying well over retail for this one so if the hype or the demand doesn't crater, I should be able to get my money back when I sell.

I got the red and kind of love it! It's super light. The LCD screen is nice if not very readable. If you paid MSRP you should be very happy. Those who paid $200 probably won't be.

In other news, you know that thing where you log into ebay and an item you're watching ends in 4 minutes with a current bid that's still pretty low? Well I have a GBX-100 incoming... For a guy who "doesn't like" G-Shocks I will have three of them. :lol:

I wish that watch were 38mm?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I have a new strap incoming from Aaron Bespoke for my Railmaster. I had been looking for a strap very similar to the denim Nato that Omega sells. I tried it on when I purchased the watch and it was just too bulky. I could not find anything that I liked for the life of me, so I decided to have one made. I was a little skeptical and hesitant because I had no idea what it would look like and it wasn't cheap. It took three weeks to make and from the video Aaron sent me, it looks perfect. Super excited to get it later this week.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

On its way from across the pond. Thinking of getting a denim strap for it as well

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I got a rare back in stock notification for a Vostok Classica. This is one of the rare watches that I think I would actually prefer the PVD gold case with white dial. But in truth, I like them all. And the 690B22 blue dial became available though so that's the one I got on the way. Plus a 710 Amphibia thrown in there for the sake of overindulgence. It doesn't matter which one bc I plan to change out the dial.......I'm not yet sure which dial.

Edit: It's time to start holding myself accountable for my purchases. To justify these two purchases, I'll be selling a blue Orient Mako USA II and all of my unworn, unloved Seiko 5 Sports beaters.........just as soon as I get a chance.
Last edited by yinzburgher on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

yinzburgher wrote:I got a rare back in stock notification for a Vostok Classica. This is one of the rare watches that I think I would actually prefer the PVD gold case with white dial. But in truth, I like them all. And the 690B22 blue dial became available though so that's the one I got on the way. Plus a 710 Amphibia thrown in there for the sake of overindulgence. It doesn't matter which one bc I plan to change out the dial.......I'm not yet sure which dial.

Fantastic! I've been on the wait list forever and it looks like the other colors are coming next week! Trying to decide between the white blue or green now [emoji848]
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 pm
yinzburgher wrote:I got a rare back in stock notification for a Vostok Classica. This is one of the rare watches that I think I would actually prefer the PVD gold case with white dial. But in truth, I like them all. And the 690B22 blue dial became available though so that's the one I got on the way. Plus a 710 Amphibia thrown in there for the sake of overindulgence. It doesn't matter which one bc I plan to change out the dial.......I'm not yet sure which dial.

Fantastic! I've been on the wait list forever and it looks like the other colors are coming next week! Trying to decide between the white blue or green now [emoji848]
Wait!!! How do you know they're coming in?! Any chance you are aware of the gold/white one coming back? I'll buy that one too. The white with blue hands was actually back already but I spent too much time thinking about it (because I'm also thinking about two other purchases :oops:) and it sold out again so I went with just the blue. This is a watch where I would buy a few different models and sell all but my favorite bc you can basically get your money back.
Last edited by yinzburgher on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

yinzburgher wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Wait!!! How do you know they're coming in?! Any chance you are aware of the gold/white one coming back? I'll buy that one too. The white with blue hands was actually back already but I spent too much time thinking about it (because I'm also thinking about two other purchases :oops:) and it sold out again so I went with just the blue. This is one of those watches I would buy a few different models and sell all but my favorite bc you can get your money back.
What the white came back before? I never even got the email... I know it's coming again though because someone asked about it in the reviews section. I am not sure about the gold ones though
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:16 pm
yinzburgher wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 pm Fantastic! I've been on the wait list forever and it looks like the other colors are coming next week! Trying to decide between the white blue or green now [emoji848]
Wait!!! How do you know they're coming in?! Any chance you are aware of the gold/white one coming back? I'll buy that one too. The white with blue hands was actually back already but I spent too much time thinking about it (because I'm also thinking about two other purchases :oops:) and it sold out again so I went with just the blue. This is one of those watches I would buy a few different models and sell all but my favorite bc you can get your money back.
What the white came back before? I never even got the email... I know it's coming again though because someone asked about it in the reviews section. I am not sure about the gold ones though
Yea, I got a restock alert for the blue and when I went there the blue and white were both available. It was in my cart but I was indecisive bc I have Baltic and Seiko fever. There probably wasn't many and they've been OOS for so long there must have been pent-up demand. The white was there for a couple hours. I don't know if I was already signed up for both, but I'm signed up for all of them now. :lol:
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

Not a watch, but straps. TheJohnP's recent Seiko Starlight purchase had me digging mine out for some wrist time, which in turn had me looking at straps for it (I still haven't found the perfect strap for this watch - wasn't massively impressed with the stock strap, but the beautiful dial is quite hard to match properly).

Anyway, went down an Amazon rabbit hole and ordered a few of the 20-dollar leather straps to try out. Have the following inbound:

Blue Barton Alligator
Red/Chestnut Maikes leather
Dark brown Berfine leather
Blue Berfine leather
Blue Maikes leather
Blue Eache leather

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Maikes/Eache/Berfine straps come from the same factory, but let's see.

Thought it would be an interesting experiment!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

on its way after waiting almost a month
recapt
MoT Member

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by recapt »

Just bought this franken-stok from eBay... Right now the plan is to swap the blue dial for this orange one which is also inbound. We’ll see if that’s plausible, especially considering my limited modding skills, once everything arrives.

I would like to both thank and shake my fist in the air at [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] for enabling me with this experiment (but mostly thank).