Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

EA-Sports wrote:Just received a package from Chistopol..this hand wind Vostok.Image
The strap is super stiff so for now on this blue curved end strap from CW that I have laying around...Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious as to when you ordered yours and what country you're in. I ordered the same one last week but mine is waiting at the airport in Moscow right now. It looks really nice though
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
EA-Sports wrote:Just received a package from Chistopol..this hand wind Vostok.Image
The strap is super stiff so for now on this blue curved end strap from CW that I have laying around...Image

I'm curious as to when you ordered yours and what country you're in. I ordered the same one last week but mine is waiting at the airport in Moscow right now. It looks really nice though
I ordered mine last Friday and received it in Virginia, USA today. I think it was shipped out on Tuesday. Oh and I paid the UPS saver option. Not sure if that matters, the shipping option.

EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

ohhenry1 wrote:Looks great! Any initial impressions?
EA-Sports wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:39 pm Just received a package from Chistopol..this hand wind Vostok.

The strap is too stiff, not unlike old Alpinist strap. Other than that it is really nice. Winds pretty smoothly. Oh and it doesn’t hack, not sure if it’s supposed to or not but I didn’t know it when I ordered it lol. I’ll report back how fast or slow it runs after a few days.

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

It fits pretty well on paper, so now I have the 96B251 version incoming to see if it fits IRL.
PXL_20201010_152224234.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sussa wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:27 am It fits pretty well on paper, so now I have the 96B251 version incoming to see if it fits IRL.

I wish I would have seen your interest sooner. I would have been willing to send my 96A225 to you to try out before making your decision.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

Sussa wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:27 am It fits pretty well on paper, so now I have the 96B251 version incoming to see if it fits IRL.

As luck would have it, there is a NASA spec Velcro strap designed for the moon watches with your name on it: NASA Designed Velcro strap used for Gemini, Apollo and Shuttle missions.

:D
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:30 am

I wish I would have seen your interest sooner. I would have been willing to send my 96A225 to you to try out before making your decision.
That's a very generous offer, thank you. My paper trials have been pretty reliable in the past, and I bought one of the refurbs posted in HUISABH, so I'm confident I won't lose too much if I do need to flip it. How's the weight? That's usually more of a problem for me than size.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Potato_With_Arms wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:07 am

As luck would have it, there is a NASA spec Velcro strap designed for the moon watches with your name on it: NASA Designed Velcro strap used for Gemini, Apollo and Shuttle missions.

:D
That would look great, but if there's one thing I need less than more watches, it's more straps :lol:
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sussa wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:20 am
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:30 am

That's a very generous offer, thank you. My paper trials have been pretty reliable in the past, and I bought one of the refurbs posted in HUISABH, so I'm confident I won't lose too much if I do need to flip it. How's the weight? That's usually more of a problem for me than size.
I enjoy sharing what I have. I'll have to pay closer attention to watches people are thinking about in the future.

With the sharkskin strap from 7Strap that I have on it, my kitchen scale shows it as 3.55oz. Not a lightweight, but not exceedingly heavy either. I generally prefer something I can feel on my wrist, though.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Finally found a white kontiki date on bracelet, so happy!

Also have my first Vostok coming, my first Ball coming, my first Credor (although it's a gift for someone), and thanks to [mention]DogOnTime[/mention] for his persuasive discord messages ;) , a sarb035. Wallet ain't too happy though 😅
Hopefully my spending is done until the new year...

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

My $2* Timexes are out for delivery!
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (143.69 KiB) Viewed 4118 times
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:40 pm Finally found a white kontiki date on bracelet, so happy!

Also have my first Vostok coming, my first Ball coming, my first Credor (although it's a gift for someone), and thanks to @DogOnTime for his persuasive discord messages ;) , a sarb035. Wallet ain't too happy though 😅
Hopefully my spending is done until the new year...

Surely with all these coming in you'll be sick of that Smiths, right? :D
I wish that watch were 38mm?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Boourns wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:53 pm
Surely with all these coming in you'll be sick of that Smiths, right? :D
Haha I doubt it, the smiths has gotten more wrist time than anything else these past two weeks. Did not think I would actually keep it more than a week when I ordered it XD Now the ball I am not sure if it'll be a keeper yet, same with the sarb035... Too many watches not enough time
Rainshadow
MoT Member

Post by Rainshadow »

Ooh that vintage quartz itch needed a scratch. Talked down the asking price a little on eBay for this 38mm Citizen Windsurfer D060. I can almost hear the sound of crashing waves now.
EAB0FFC9-E38F-49DF-98DE-837567A475AD_1_201_a.jpeg
“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Hoping this will work with a new battery...
7F07FDF9-2352-4305-AF8A-EE8C2504BAEF.jpeg
F28116DE-0CA8-4202-9D8D-351903015B74.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr