We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Bbrou33 »

tommy_boy wrote:Timegrapher.

Never thought I'd buy one, but this darn hobby...
I've been going back and forth on whether to get one or not

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm I bought another fuzzy picture lot on eBay for just shy of $30.
2ACE1C06-7BD1-4746-8189-0D943CAA00AD.jpeg
That was the most clear of the pictures. The ones on the left and right are pretty easy to identify, but the third one has me stumped. The seller said they thought it was a Boctok Russian Crest watch. I can see that there are Roman numerals, but that is about it. Thoughts?

The other two appear to be:
CE404B1D-09AC-488C-9B37-AECEE46CD3BE.jpeg

And

07C89A63-EF0F-4F65-B727-100DC47D54E5.png
Dude, those aren't just fuzzy pictures. They are the worst pictures I've ever seen lol. I found your listing and this one is just too good....err......bad not to include. This seller basically just turned all the lights off and then snapped a pic with an old flip phone. I think the seller is just saying that it has a russian crest on it, the eagle, like a lot of dirskies. That first dirskie looks pretty cool though if you can get it running right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Vostok-Raket ... 7675.l2557
Yeah, that picture is particularly bad. This is where you can get a POS or something that is really special for a low price. That he claims to have purchased them from a local dealer and that the Admiralskie appears to be in decent shape gives me hope.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Bbrou33 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 pm

If you own more than 2 automatics get one, you would be shocked at the beat error I've seen on my watches 1.2ms from the factory.

It is fun getting every watch you own under 5 seconds per day.

I have also learned to stop when I get to two seconds a day, as it will take multiple trys to get it back to two seconds a day after you try to make it better. :geek:
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:27 pm
yinzburgher wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm I bought another fuzzy picture lot on eBay for just shy of $30.
2ACE1C06-7BD1-4746-8189-0D943CAA00AD.jpeg
That was the most clear of the pictures. The ones on the left and right are pretty easy to identify, but the third one has me stumped. The seller said they thought it was a Boctok Russian Crest watch. I can see that there are Roman numerals, but that is about it. Thoughts?

The other two appear to be:
CE404B1D-09AC-488C-9B37-AECEE46CD3BE.jpeg

And

07C89A63-EF0F-4F65-B727-100DC47D54E5.png
Dude, those aren't just fuzzy pictures. They are the worst pictures I've ever seen lol. I found your listing and this one is just too good....err......bad not to include. This seller basically just turned all the lights off and then snapped a pic with an old flip phone. I think the seller is just saying that it has a russian crest on it, the eagle, like a lot of dirskies. That first dirskie looks pretty cool though if you can get it running right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Vostok-Raket ... 7675.l2557
Yeah, that picture is particularly bad. This is where you can get a POS or something that is really special for a low price. That he claims to have purchased them from a local dealer and that the Admiralskie appears to be in decent shape gives me hope.
It’s like a Magic Eye....stare long enough and you see this:
E0377F01-739B-4A49-BD5E-BD2F4685AE7D.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

tjcdas wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 pm

If you own more than 2 automatics get one, you would be shocked at the beat error I've seen on my watches 1.2ms from the factory.

I have also learned to stop when I get to two seconds a day, as it will take multiple trys to get it back to two seconds a day after you try to make it better. :geek:
I’ve been thinking about picking one up. Which model(s) would you recommend and do you know the typical price range for one? Appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Rabirnie wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:40 am
tjcdas wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 pm I've been going back and forth on whether to get one or not

I’ve been thinking about picking one up. Which model(s) would you recommend and do you know the typical price range for one? Appreciate the info!

This is the basic model sold by many dealers Ace they are in the USA so no 4 week wait.

https://www.acetimer.com/Watch-and-Pock ... -1000.html
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

tjcdas wrote:
tjcdas wrote:

This is the basic model sold by many dealers Ace they are in the USA so no 4 week wait.

https://www.acetimer.com/Watch-and-Pock ... -1000.html
Thank you for sharing! If you are in the market for a good laugh, scroll to the bottom and read the customer feedback section.

An excerpt:

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Just purchased this for the lady thanks to the deals thread!
Valentine's day is quickly approaching

Insta me: bbrou33
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

ManOnTime wrote:The more I look at it, the more I think it may be a frankenwatch.

I won't know until it's in and I can take it apart.
There’s a guy named Marshall Ferster here in Minneapolis (Uptown) who specializes in vintage mechanicals. Sourcing and installing an obscure stem and crown is among the things he’s done for me. He takes his sweet time but does good work.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

tjcdas wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 pm I've been going back and forth on whether to get one or not

My neighbor has a couple of watches that need regulating and this would help me when I start servicing movements. I think I am going to have to save my CC cash back for one of these. Darn you watch hobby, you strike me yet again.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

recapt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 pm
ManOnTime wrote:The more I look at it, the more I think it may be a frankenwatch.

There’s a guy named Marshall Ferster here in Minneapolis (Uptown) who specializes in vintage mechanicals. Sourcing and installing an obscure stem and crown is among the things he’s done for me. He takes his sweet time but does good work.
I need this too...to find a stem for an old Osco I have. Thanks for the tip...will look him up.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

tjcdas wrote: I have also learned to stop when I get to two seconds a day, as it will take multiple trys to get it back to two seconds a day after you try to make it better. :geek:
E63ABED6-050A-458A-8A03-D17C117AE0EF.png

This is sage advice. I have lost WAY too many hours trying to get back to +/- 2 seconds a day after trying for better.
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

recapt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 pm

Thanks for the tip. I never knew his shop existed. I may have to stop in there.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

A 1971 Timex Sprite is on its way to me. I'm a little concerned about the seller's description of "keeps basic time" but willing to take the risk.
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 4.56.52 PM.png
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Seiko 7002-7000 mod on the way. Supposedly freshly serviced. The SKXA35 has gotten pricey and this wasn't. If I don't care for it when it arrives, I'll just resell it and pick up a yellow dial and chapter ring to mod one of my old SKX007s. Coming from the Philippines so it will be a while.