As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Post your mods here!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Re: Post your mods here!

Post by BATMAN »

Purchased with a known crown issue, showed up with some crystal scratches, thought I might as well upgrade to sapphire. From scratchies to no scratchies ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

Put a polished pilot bezel on the SKX013. Gives it a bit more of a refined look.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

k.crabbe wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:42 pm Put a polished pilot bezel on the SKX013. Gives it a bit more of a refined look.

Has a Visitor Watch vibe to it now.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

This may be the cheapest and easiest mod I've done. Started with two Casio CA53Ws, looking to get the positive display in the white case.
PXL_20201118_193250753.jpg
I was a little hesitant after removing the back and not seeing a clear way to lift the module. But I took [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention]'s modding advice and enjoyed an adult beverage before continuing. That gave me the courage to start jabbing at things, which is how I discovered the tiny tab at the top of the module. A gentle pry with the screwdriver and it popped right out.
PXL_20201119_193343681.jpg
PXL_20201119_193422414.jpg
Repeat with the other watch, put it all back together and...
PXL_20201119_114603932.jpg
We have a legible screen in the white case and a blacked out spare. Total time (after beverage consumption) was less than 5 minutes.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sussa wrote:This may be the cheapest and easiest mod I've done. Started with two Casio CA53Ws, looking to get the positive display in the white case.
PXL_20201118_193250753.jpg
I was a little hesitant after removing the back and not seeing a clear way to lift the module. But I took [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention]'s modding advice and enjoyed an adult beverage before continuing. That gave me the courage to start jabbing at things, which is how I discovered the tiny tab at the top of the module. A gentle pry with the screwdriver and it popped right out.
PXL_20201119_193343681.jpg
PXL_20201119_193422414.jpg
Repeat with the other watch, put it all back together and...
PXL_20201119_114603932.jpg
We have a legible screen in the white case and a blacked out spare. Total time (after beverage consumption) was less than 5 minutes.
Excellent! A well done double mod, and I think an improvement on both. Also, glad I could help pass on my watch modding "knowledge"[emoji23]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

So Close!!!

ImageTX Elevayed Scout by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

yet so far... but I am not giving up...
Elevated Scout will be on a nice Bracelet
ImageTX Elevayed Scout by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Resurrecting an old thread...Here's my 20 year old SKX015 that I just finished modding:

1. Replaced original 7S26 movement with a new NH-36A (cheaper than servicing, and adds hacking/hand winding).
2. New crown and stem (necessary due to the movement change) from Namoki mods.
3. Lumed ceramic bezel insert from Island Watch.

I also tried putting in a double-dome sapphire crystal I got off AliEx...it sorta fit, but interfered with the bezel insert, so I went back to the original hardlex.

This was my first stab at swapping automatic movements, and I have to say I'm pleased. After some run-in time, I did some DIY regulation and have it currently running at -1 to +2 sec/day. So all-in-all a very worthwhile mod.

PCMX2691ER.jpg
PCMX2695ER.jpg
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

BN0151. Did months ago.

Swapped to the great stock Citizen bracelet that I got on my green version but is rare in the states. Added double domed AR coated sapphire.
BN0151 Sapphire Side.jpg
BN0151 Sapphire Side2.jpg
BN0151 Sapphire.jpg
(BTW, the Long Island Watch bracelets are nice for maybe 1/3 of the price of the Citizen if you buy it from official Citizen channels. But no adjustable clasp).
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

Has anyone attempted a mod on the Boderry Sea Turtle. The titanium watch is NH34 based and dirt cheap at ~$100. Maybe worth a shot at the price. Was thinking of a dial/hands swap.
IMG_2471.png
IMG_2471.png (182.02 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

jcombs1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:54 pm Has anyone attempted a mod on the Boderry Sea Turtle. The titanium watch is NH34 based and dirt cheap at ~$100. Maybe worth a shot at the price. Was thinking of a dial/hands swap.

IMG_2471.png
Hands would be simple enough. Finding dials could prove to be difficult depending on its diameter.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

1) Buy red and blue car touch up paint
2) Paint the #12 bezel
3) Blow until dry
4) Exhausted……..drink beer