We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Pay it Forward

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Pay it Forward

Post by MoT »

I claimed the Orient, so it's my turn to share.

Up for grabs is this Sturhling rootbeer GMT. It's a pretty good watch, but I don't wear it and would like to pass it along.

Head only, unless I can find what I did with the bracelet.

I'll cover postage to anywhere USPS considers domestic, otherwise, you'll have to make up the difference.
IMG_20190603_120553.jpg
IMG_20190603_120617.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sturhling root beer claimed by [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] to do a mod project.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

OK, now I am super behind on the PIF front...

Well overdue to PIF after claiming fixer upper watches from Animal Mother. Here are a couple that I am just not wearing. If there are no takers here, they go into the boyscout box.

——————————————-
-I will pay for shipping within CONUS, if you want something shipped internationally and are willing to pay the difference, I am OK with that.
-PM me to claim.
-I only get to the post office every other week, so you may need to be patient.
-Since I am sending packages, I can also send some of my GShock/springbar adapter prototypes if you like (use at your own risk).

Timex Gallatin
Used for lume experimentation and that came out reasonably well, not perfect, but a tacticool beater with a fixed bezel.

Edit: Adding lume shot.
GalatinLume.jpg
Timex Expedition
This thing is a tank. A little big for me, you can always bludgeon someone with it.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I've got another one that came into my possession that is just a little big for me at 42mm. It does have a nice 'art deco, I'm going out to the movies tonight' thing going on. I rarely go to the movies anymore, so it is here to find a good home...

-I will pay for shipping within CONUS, if you want something shipped internationally and are willing to pay the difference, I am OK with that.
-PM me to claim.
-Since I am sending packages, I can also send some of my GShock/springbar adapter prototypes if you like (use at your own risk).

Citizen Eco-drive with small seconds hand, 42mm with original strap. Ref. B690-S08039842.
It keeps good time and holds a charge (haven't tested how full, but it hasn't quit during casual wearing). Could use with a touch from a polishing cloth, but is in otherwise good shape.
IMG_8177.jpg
IMG_8178.jpg
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I believe I'm way overdue to post something here. I apologise. Also doing this from my phone so hopefully it works out.
Paying it Forward with a Citizen Quartz dress watch that I believe belonged to my girlfriend's Uncle or brother. Neither wanted it so I inherited it thinking I'd wear it. I don't. So now you can!
I don't have calipers so these measurements were taken using tape measure.
Case Width - 36mm no crown
Lug to Lug - 42mm
Lug Width - 20mm
Thickness - 6mm
Battery was changed to a brand new battery 2 months ago. It's been ticking great and accurate since then.
Day and date change well and are responsive.
Watch is in great condition with signs of usual wear on case and bracelet but nothing crazy. Case back does have a decent scratch thanks to me trying to remove the back to change the battery.
Crystal looks clear.
Bracelet has 2 mini adjustments on clasp. I don't have any extra links and is currently sized smallest it can be. Fits barely a little big on my 6.75 inch wrist.
I actually really like the look and I think it can be unisex. I just know I'll never wear it so want someone to have it that will.
I'll cover shipping in conus. International I guess can be done with your help if you really want but I'd prefer to keep it simple.
Any questions let me know!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
juderiverman
MoT Member

Post by juderiverman »

Sporkboy wrote:I've got another one that came into my possession that is just a little big for me at 42mm. It does have a nice 'art deco, I'm going out to the movies tonight' thing going on. I rarely go to the movies anymore, so it is here to find a good home...

-PM me to claim.

Citizen Eco-drive with small seconds hand, 42mm with original strap. Ref. B690-S08039842.
It keeps good time and holds a charge (haven't tested how full, but it hasn't quit during casual wearing). Could use with a touch from a polishing cloth, but is in otherwise good shape.
IMG_8177.jpg
IMG_8178.jpg
Claimed by me (juderiverman).

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

juderiverman wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:I've got another one that came into my possession that is just a little big for me at 42mm. It does have a nice 'art deco, I'm going out to the movies tonight' thing going on. I rarely go to the movies anymore, so it is here to find a good home...

-PM me to claim.

IMG_8177.jpg
IMG_8178.jpg
Claimed by me (juderiverman).

Confirmed on the claiming. Been a bit crazy today or I would have posted.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Unofficial MoT Watch Deal Forum Watch. Designed and built by Sporkboy.

I am tired of looking at this one staring at me all day as if asking when it is getting a new home.

Free to the first non-mod ‘active member’ that PMs me. Basically, I should recognize your user name or easily see that you are active in part of the forum I am not.

I will pay CONUS shipping, you can pitch in for international if you are so inclined.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sporkboy wrote:Unofficial MoT Watch Deal Forum Watch. Designed and built by Sporkboy.

I am tired of looking at this one staring at me all day as if asking when it is getting a new home.

Free to the first non-mod ‘active member’ that PMs me. Basically, I should recognize your user name or easily see that you are active in part of the forum I am not.

I will pay CONUS shipping, you can pitch in for international if you are so inclined.

Claimed by Split-Time
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 am
Sporkboy wrote:Unofficial MoT Watch Deal Forum Watch. Designed and built by Sporkboy.

Claimed by Split-Time

Thank you to [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] and [mention]Split-Time[/mention] for the generous offer and donation. Both of you are great examples of the community we're building here.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

juderiverman
MoT Member

Post by juderiverman »

-PM me to claim.

IMG_8177.jpg
IMG_8178.jpg
Received the watch. Thanks. Will figure out what to put it forward in days.

rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Timex Katmai

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

It keeps time - thats all I guarantee
Free shipping in CONUS
Double your money back if not as described :lol:
Katmai.jpg
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Bump to keep this going.
juderiverman
MoT Member

Post by juderiverman »

Keep it going
Casio 10 years battery
Brand new
Bought from Amazon on a recent deal.Image

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

juderiverman wrote:Keep it going
Casio 10 years battery
Brand new
Bought from Amazon on a recent deal.Image

I’m up for it if no one else has reached out! I’ve got a few items i can offer to keep the pay it forward train moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk