The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by yinzburgher »

Split-Time wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:32 pm Today I thought I would get Sdelka out of the office and take her somewhere a little more industrial, which seems to better fit her personality.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about that sandwich I told you guys about, so I went back to the deli and ordered one. It was the beast sandwich I have ever had. The owner said that it had been three years since I had one. It may be worth falling off of the wagon for!

Notice the homemade pimiento cheese on the bottom. Look at that steam coming off the top, @yinzburgher !

It was so good that I almost forgot to take the obligatory watch shot.

Sdelka's time in north Alabama is winding down. I will be sad to see her go, but can't wait to see what she gets into in the Big Apple.
That's a helluva sammich! And Sdelka looking 👌 as usual.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Updated list.
1) Edremit (North Dakota) -1st stop, thanks!-
2) aris1312 (Greece) - 2nd stop thanks!-
3) FTE(watchpalooza)(Germany)(3rd stop thanks!)
4) Animal Mother (U.K/South Africa)(thanks!)
5) konax(Poland)thanks!
6) ffeingol(Wisconson)thanks!
7) Wolfsatz (Virginia)- thanks!
8) Sporkboy (Boston) thanks, go sox!
9) Split-Time (Alabama)- where Sdelka is currently
10) tommy_boy (PNW)(*next in line)
11) Stretch44 (Monterey Ca)
12) Southern Bamboo (Alabama round 2, electric boogaloo)
10) Bbrou33 (NYC)

*Our friend Bbrou33 has informed me that he is hosting another traveling watch this month, and would rather have Sdelka when he can give her the attention she deserves, which I appreciate.

That leaves us with a couple options, and I'd like the remaining people to weigh in. That's you @tommy_boy , and @Stretch44 . we could keep this regional and push southern bamboo to next, considering he is in the same state as Sdelka is currently, and just put Bbrou33 after that, or we could just keep it going and put Bbrou33 at the back of the line.

I just want to be fair, and have you guys weigh in. Also, and this is just because I am selfish, I would love for the journey to end in Stretch's hands, since we could do a face to face final stop transaction. But that's just me. Please let me know how you guys feel, so that we can direct our good friend @Split-Time where to send her.

Thanks guys and gals, and sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Sounds good to me! And then I could try on the Snowflake... :D
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Sounds good to me! And then I could try on the Snowflake... :D
You got it bud! But I hope your wrists are about 7 1/8" cuz I ain't sizing titanium pins and collars again! Don't worry, when the time comes, I plan on bringing tons of watches.

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Seems like a good idea to keep her in the same region for now.

Send her over to the West Coast for the last leg of her tour.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I'm cool being anywhere in the list! Appreciate you guys understanding. NYC looks better in the spring anyway! Plus if I get her at the right time in March she may take a European trip with me [emoji87]

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Updated list.
1) Edremit (North Dakota) -1st stop, thanks!-
2) aris1312 (Greece) - 2nd stop thanks!-
3) FTE(watchpalooza)(Germany)(3rd stop thanks!)
4) Animal Mother (U.K/South Africa)(thanks!)
5) konax(Poland)thanks!
6) ffeingol(Wisconson)thanks!
7) Wolfsatz (Virginia)- thanks!
8) Sporkboy (Boston) thanks, go sox!
9) Split-Time (Alabama)- where Sdelka is currently
10) Southern Bamboo (Alabama round 2, electric boogaloo) (where she is headed)
11) Bbrou33 (NYC)
12) tommy_boy (PNW)
13) Rabirnie (South Carolina)
14) Stretch44 (Monterey Ca)

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I seem to be having trouble with PMs. When I send them they seem to be stuck in the outbox. [mention]Southern Bamboo[/mention] if you PM me your address I will get Sdelka in the mail to you. [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention], shoot me one over the weekend and let me see if I can reply to you.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm I seem to be having trouble with PMs. When I send them they seem to be stuck in the outbox. @Southern Bamboo if you PM me your address I will get Sdelka in the mail to you. @Dub Rubb, shoot me one over the weekend and let me see if I can reply to you.
All the outbox means is the recipient hasn't read it yet.

Send one to me.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Southern Bamboo

Post by Southern Bamboo »

I got ya bro, sorry, been a busy week. Turned 49, dealing w/ that :-)

Can't wait to get her, I sent my address via PM.

See ya soon, Sdelka!!

SB
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

This afternoon I said goodbye to Sdelka. I have really enjoyed spending time with the watch. It is even more special knowing all of the places it has been on this journey. This was the first time I had seen or handled a Vostok or a manual wind watch. I enjoyed every minute of it and will miss winding it each morning and the quirky crown.

I must say a special thank you to [mention]Sporkboy[/mention]. Sdelka arrived in fantastic condition after the TLC he showed. The case back painting looked great, and frankly I can't imagine the watch now without it. He also sent along several pieces of swag! I forgot to take a picture of one special piece, and maybe that is just as well and we can keep it a secret until Sdelka makes her way back to [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention].

Sporkboy, your magnet has achieved the highest place of honor in our household...holding up our son's artwork :lol: . Honestly, it has been there since the day your package arrived and we see it every day. Thank you!

Sdelka is now on her way to [mention]Southern Bamboo[/mention] and the Loveliest Village on the Plains. I do a little work in collegiate athletics, and not for Auburn, but even I know when it is time to say War Eagle!

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Split-Time wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:24 pm
Wow......really cool map! 👍
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:This afternoon I said goodbye to Sdelka. I have really enjoyed spending time with the watch. It is even more special knowing all of the places it has been on this journey. This was the first time I had seen or handled a Vostok or a manual wind watch. I enjoyed every minute of it and will miss winding it each morning and the quirky crown.

I must say a special thank you to [mention]Sporkboy[/mention]. Sdelka arrived in fantastic condition after the TLC he showed. The case back painting looked great, and frankly I can't imagine the watch now without it. He also sent along several pieces of swag! I forgot to take a picture of one special piece, and maybe that is just as well and we can keep it a secret until Sdelka makes her way back to [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention].

Sporkboy, your magnet has achieved the highest place of honor in our household...holding up our son's artwork [emoji38] . Honestly, it has been there since the day your package arrived and we see it every day. Thank you!

Sdelka is now on her way to [mention]Southern Bamboo[/mention] and the Loveliest Village on the Plains. I do a little work in collegiate athletics, and not for Auburn, but even I know when it is time to say War Eagle!

Awesome! Great last post for that leg of the journey. Thanks again for participating, I loved all the stories and pictures. Sdelka is really shaping up to be an important watch, and none of it could be done without you all.

Also, that map is really cool! It's fun to actually see how far she has traveled already!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 pm
Split-Time wrote:This afternoon I said goodbye to Sdelka. I have really enjoyed spending time with the watch. It is even more special knowing all of the places it has been on this journey. This was the first time I had seen or handled a Vostok or a manual wind watch. I enjoyed every minute of it and will miss winding it each morning and the quirky crown.

I must say a special thank you to @Sporkboy. Sdelka arrived in fantastic condition after the TLC he showed. The case back painting looked great, and frankly I can't imagine the watch now without it. He also sent along several pieces of swag! I forgot to take a picture of one special piece, and maybe that is just as well and we can keep it a secret until Sdelka makes her way back to @Dub Rubb.

Sporkboy, your magnet has achieved the highest place of honor in our household...holding up our son's artwork [emoji38] . Honestly, it has been there since the day your package arrived and we see it every day. Thank you!

Sdelka is now on her way to @Southern Bamboo and the Loveliest Village on the Plains. I do a little work in collegiate athletics, and not for Auburn, but even I know when it is time to say War Eagle!

Awesome! Great last post for that leg of the journey. Thanks again for participating, I loved all the stories and pictures. Sdelka is really shaping up to be an important watch, and none of it could be done without you all.

Also, that map is really cool! It's fun to actually see how far she has traveled already!

Thank you for starting this!
I will try to keep the map up to date. It was fun to put together!
Southern Bamboo

Post by Southern Bamboo »

We will be watching the mail box like hawks... her siblings Boris (l) and Natasha (r) are so excited...!!!