We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Wolfsatz »

Ill gladly take your bezels...

I want to give a crack at modding my Komadirskie.

Welcome to the Forum!

Sent from Cyberspace Central Command
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Sporkboy »

Southern Bamboo wrote:I just found out about this board, so I'm new here, but that's a very cool mod. I'm assuming craft paint is what you use?

Found you guys by following the stars, while inquiring about traveling watches. This is an amazing thread! There are maybe 7 travelling watches now that i know of, but this one takes the cake!

I have 2 Amphibias (so far), that I love. Will attempt to attach them to this post. I am hooked on the Russian divers, have not played with a field watch yet. Both are modified with Crystal Times coin edge bezels and SKX inserts.

Which means I have 2 Amphibia bezels if anyone wants one. The 420 and 710 are interchangeable. 2 standard Vostok bracelets, too. <shudder> :shock:

I've just waded through 21 pages of this thread. Dub Rubb, I too am into VW's, always wanted a MK1 GTI, but alas, nobody would buy me one. So far I've bought my daughter a Jetta and now a Tiquan. But I moved onto BMW's... and Jeeps. But those VW's are a hell of a car!

I'm up for being on the list! I'm just south of Hunstville, AL, in Auburn. WDE! :D

chrome_9TZ0hmjT3q.png
Now I need another Amphibia, so I can use this dial I bought (courtesy of watching JOMW modding his...)
chrome_S84g7g5CnN.png
Welcome to the party. It is a good group here. If you are an established member of the BSH in good standing, then that is good enough for me.

For the caseback painting mod I am using Testors enamel, which is the basic model paint in the states that many people start with. I wanted to use Tamiya acrylic, but they don’t seem to carry that in my area:( Acrylic should work, I just haven’t tested it. I do have black and white acrylic on hand, so I should test that at some point.

You mentioned Sdelka taking the cake, which brings up 2 points.
- Would you be willing to write a post here linking to the pages of all of the traveling watches that you have discovered and maybe writing a short blurb about each one?
- I think that someone down stream on the list needs to bake Sdelka a cake.
Southern Bamboo

Post by Southern Bamboo »

Thanks all! I don't do politics, and have this crazy obsession w/ cheap watches and modding, to my wife's (and my Omega 300m SMP's) horror. :-)

When I tell her I can build a better watch than I can buy... I think she's starting to get it. But I love messing w/ the snobs... poking the bear if you will. Haha. My Casio Duro (when stock) got more compliments than any watch I've owned, even the expensive one, go figure!

I always wanted a 325iS, but never got one. Had a e46 323 5spd that I drove sideways, a '87 528e (super eta), a '99 Mini Cooper 6spd (also sideways) and now the 2.0T F30 328i - luxury package, 40+ mgs hwy, and 0-60 in 5.5. Also goes about 140ish. I live in the town where APR (Audi/VW) and now Dinan are HQ'd, so maybe I'll get a chip and bump her to over 300hp... but I digress. There's also 7 Jeeps to talk about...

Cheers, all, and happy Friday. Was wearing the 420 Blue Scuba Dude earlier w/ the later Bond nato (Nato on a Russian Diver, oh, the Irony) - but now I'm sporting a blue-gold Invicta 8926ob on tan leather. Branded case to give the snobs the heebie geebies. :-)
Southern Bamboo

Wolfsatz wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:14 pm Ill gladly take your bezels...

I want to give a crack at modding my Komadirskie.

Welcome to the Forum!

Sent from Cyberspace Central Command
DM me your address and I'll send one your way! It's a 5 min swap (literally) with a butterknife. Easy peasy.
Southern Bamboo

I can try to list them, let me compile what I can. A few are on WUS, but one - EDIT - two are on Instagram -

1. First original WUS BSH watch - a 'traveling' that was built by WUS members. Each donated a piece/skill. Not documented much afaik. Other than the original BSH build thread on WUS.

2. This Komandierskie!

3. The Travelling Watch Project (IG) - traveling_watch_project - Home of #TravelingWatchProject. The watch spends some time w/person (week, month) & then is sent on for someone else to enjoy. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
veteranswatchmakerinitiative.org

4. Brother Sage and Magnus - New Invicta 8926ob to be modded as it travels, from WUS

5. Brother G has an Invicta out for a few months, WUS

6. Chris lent an NTH to the ‘hood and after it’s tour a few of us managed to buy it and it tours around us now - WUS

7. There is a watch built by brother G that is owned and shared by a few of us - WUS

8. My Caroleena 20/40 is wandering around - WUS by Sogeha

Oh wait - there's 9 now:

9. thetravelingcasio (IG) - The Travelling Casio
Meet "McFly" the Casio MDV 106 200m Duro. Owned by a group of South African watch fanatics, we share it in our group to take on epic adventures!

Any more that anyone knows of??

I'd volunteer to 'host' that NTH for a few days/months/years! :-)
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Southern Bamboo wrote:I can try to list them, let me compile what I can. A few are on WUS, but one - EDIT - two are on Instagram -

1. First original WUS BSH watch - a 'traveling' that was built by WUS members. Each donated a piece/skill. Not documented much afaik. Other than the original BSH build thread on WUS.

2. This Komandierskie!

3. The Travelling Watch Project (IG) - traveling_watch_project - Home of #TravelingWatchProject. The watch spends some time w/person (week, month) & then is sent on for someone else to enjoy. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
veteranswatchmakerinitiative.org

4. Brother Sage and Magnus - New Invicta 8926ob to be modded as it travels, from WUS

5. Brother G has an Invicta out for a few months, WUS

6. Chris lent an NTH to the ‘hood and after it’s tour a few of us managed to buy it and it tours around us now - WUS

7. There is a watch built by brother G that is owned and shared by a few of us - WUS

8. My Caroleena 20/40 is wandering around - WUS by Sogeha

Oh wait - there's 9 now:

9. thetravelingcasio (IG) - The Travelling Casio
Meet "McFly" the Casio MDV 106 200m Duro. Owned by a group of South African watch fanatics, we share it in our group to take on epic adventures!

Any more that anyone knows of??

I'd volunteer to 'host' that NTH for a few days/months/years! :-)
I know of Vlad the traveling Vostok on the Russian sub forum on WUS. It was supposed to be heading to me and either went missing in transit or was never shipped. Nobody knows where Vlad is. 'twas a sad tale, but I didn't lose faith.

I believe there was another travelling Russian by the name of Roman. 3133 if I remember correctly. Before my time, and may have also disappeared.

There is currently another Vostok travelling the globe over on F10 that is basically Vlads replacement.

But Sdelka is the best of all!!! Entirely due to the community here. You guys are awesome!!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:14 pm
Southern Bamboo wrote:I just found out about this board, so I'm new here, but that's a very cool mod. I'm assuming craft paint is what you use?

Found you guys by following the stars, while inquiring about traveling watches. This is an amazing thread! There are maybe 7 travelling watches now that i know of, but this one takes the cake!

I have 2 Amphibias (so far), that I love. Will attempt to attach them to this post. I am hooked on the Russian divers, have not played with a field watch yet. Both are modified with Crystal Times coin edge bezels and SKX inserts.

Which means I have 2 Amphibia bezels if anyone wants one. The 420 and 710 are interchangeable. 2 standard Vostok bracelets, too. <shudder> :shock:

I've just waded through 21 pages of this thread. Dub Rubb, I too am into VW's, always wanted a MK1 GTI, but alas, nobody would buy me one. So far I've bought my daughter a Jetta and now a Tiquan. But I moved onto BMW's... and Jeeps. But those VW's are a hell of a car!

I'm up for being on the list! I'm just south of Hunstville, AL, in Auburn. WDE! :D

chrome_9TZ0hmjT3q.png

Now I need another Amphibia, so I can use this dial I bought (courtesy of watching JOMW modding his...)

chrome_S84g7g5CnN.png
Great to have you here bud! Sorry I had to be so mysterious over on WUS, they dont take too kindly to people talking about this place. Anyways, the important part is That you made it!

I like your style in vehicles too. I used to belong to a car forum where the general consensus was that any "what should I buy" thread could be answered with either an E30 BMW, a 4.0 Jeep or a Miata.

Anyways, I am gonna break the normal rules here and add Southern Bamboo to the list. Unless there is any objection of course. While he may not have the time and post count here, he has been a contributing member of the BSH thread I follow. I am sure @Bbrou33 can vouch for this as well if their is any concern about our beloved Sdelka

Also, sweet Amphibias! The 710 case is one of my personal favorites, and my dad has the sane sailboat dial!

Welcome to the madness and grip your wallet tightly!

[mention]Southern Bamboo[/mention] lives in Alabama and is an Auburn fan, so I can safely vouch for him 8-)
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Split-Time wrote:

chrome_9TZ0hmjT3q.png

chrome_S84g7g5CnN.png
Great to have you here bud! Sorry I had to be so mysterious over on WUS, they dont take too kindly to people talking about this place. Anyways, the important part is That you made it!

I like your style in vehicles too. I used to belong to a car forum where the general consensus was that any "what should I buy" thread could be answered with either an E30 BMW, a 4.0 Jeep or a Miata.

Anyways, I am gonna break the normal rules here and add Southern Bamboo to the list. Unless there is any objection of course. While he may not have the time and post count here, he has been a contributing member of the BSH thread I follow. I am sure @Bbrou33 can vouch for this as well if their is any concern about our beloved Sdelka

Also, sweet Amphibias! The 710 case is one of my personal favorites, and my dad has the sane sailboat dial!

[mention]Southern Bamboo[/mention] lives in Alabama and is an Auburn fan, so I can safely vouch for him 8-)

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

The guys at Two broke watch snobs had a community review watch where people signed up through a patron tier. The watch made the rounds and then a group discussion started. That is what I gather as I didn’t participate and it was before I started following them.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Doing the grocery shopping with Sdelka on a Bond seatbelt NATO that I think she will get to keep.
83F5DAD9-B1DE-43E1-9E69-BFE93F293E27.jpeg
It isn’t Russian, but the sentiment is there.
22E76527-2556-48D6-8104-0F8BF9FE423E.jpeg
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

It feels as if my time with Sdelka is quickly coming to an end as everything that I wanted her to see and do with me is checked off the list. The only lingering thing that would help with all the strap changes would be to drill her lugs. The shape of the lugs and me having never done that before has held me back as that is a mod that you can’t undo if it goes poorly.

I wanted to show Sdelka the bowels of my work building. We couldn’t get into the HVAC room on the roof, but we did manage to slip into the basement mechanical room... pictures pending...
75F275AA-6300-4995-A7EB-67D5F3FC6E5C.jpeg
DFD8D151-403F-4880-B28B-224E4CA2169F.jpeg
3F0E76CA-CFC1-48A5-93BB-F58E0CBAF353.jpeg
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

The last thing that I wanted to do was to make the Sdelka magnets or keychains. Magnets are turning out OK, though I would like the lines to all be thicker and there isn’t a good way to do that at this point. Here is what I have at the moment. They can ship in the Sdelka box without a problem, but would be too thick for a standard envelope. I could fix that later though... what do you guys think?
F2F77BAA-5149-439B-B435-043B2ECA9C8D.jpeg
D0BC718C-BB44-49DB-8011-ED11CFB9C319.jpeg
Southern Bamboo

Split-Time wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:59 pm

chrome_9TZ0hmjT3q.png

chrome_S84g7g5CnN.png

@Southern Bamboo lives in Alabama and is an Auburn fan, so I can safely vouch for him 8-)
Thanks, Sir! Maybe we can do a hand off in person. I'm an Auburn Fan, Auburn Grad, my wife has 2 degrees from AU, and my oldest daughter goes there! We are quite the fans around here.

Cheers, and WDE!!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Riding the T!
52ACDA58-6272-4302-896A-E68A9935B846.jpeg
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Pre-magnetted Sdelka shields ready to be cleaned up and readied for hot glue and magnets.
864EC2B9-8C54-46B4-B92E-1C773814C020.jpeg
363721F2-D3B0-4311-9B53-05F9DFA13E96.jpeg