We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Post by Bbrou33 »

yinzburgher wrote:I was able to get to the Wind-Up Watch Fair in NYC yesterday and talked to the reps at the Zodiac table. They were definitely helpful, knowledgeable, and excited about where the brand is going. You can see more about what they had to tell another Zodiac fan HERE. It includes some talk about work on a STP GMT movement and more releases of the Aerospace. What he told me about the Aerospace is that the winner of this earlier poll from Zodiac's Instagram Story is the one pictured below.....the Orange Creamsicle GMT, if you will. I didn't think to ask him about future editions of their GMT being renamed as Super Sea Wolf rather than Aerospace. I've seen some speculation that there could have been some pushback from Breitling about rights to the Aerospace name. He also mentioned that they will be releasing a World Time based on the vintage reference you see below. I imagine it will be plenty popular. I'm also going to try to attach a pic for a new all black SSW with blue accents. He told me that it was not PVD or DLC but rather some type of ion plating that is layered on in four different directions in a way that offers stronger protection against scratching and chipping while still keeping costs down. It's not a model I have any interest in buying but I'm always excited to see new stuff and more variety. Also, if you haven't seen the new bracelets on the Grandrally, it's worth a look. They are adjusted by hand. In the video below from Page and Cooper, you can see it being adjusted around 3:40. He fumbles about with it a bit. But the guy at the Zodiac table definitely had zero problem. I watched him remove a link and resize the bracelet in roughly 4 seconds....with his hands. He says they are hoping to make more bracelets this way but that it's going to be trickier with jubilee bracelets. I can't remember everything else I talked about with them. I was just excited to be there and talking to people that were enthusiastic and knowledgeable about this stuff. Maybe I'll post a something separately with all my pics and thoughts from the fair. But in case I don't, I'll just say that if you get a chance, you should definitely go. It was exciting to talk watches and to see all the new releases and try them on.

I was hoping to get out there yesterday but couldn't. Maybe later this afternoon if I'm lucky!

Too many deals. Not enough wrists.

Insta me: bbrou33
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Bbrou33 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:17 am I was hoping to get out there yesterday but couldn't. Maybe later this afternoon if I'm lucky!

You should definitely try to get there! Worth it even if it's just for an hour. I was there for 2 or more and realized I never made it to the Farer table. Also I wanted to see that red dial Oris Big Crown Pointer Date on my wrist but never got to try it on. :cry:
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

pgcity wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 am Hope to find a great deal on the Zodiac ZO9207 someday
May I ask if anyone has seen this watch on sale? Watch Station International seems to have a 15% discount on signup which brings the price down a little from USD1095 to almost USD 931.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

pgcity wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:34 am
pgcity wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 am Hope to find a great deal on the Zodiac ZO9207 someday
May I ask if anyone has seen this watch on sale? Watch Station International seems to have a 15% discount on signup which brings the price down a little from USD1095 to almost USD 931.
Unfortunately I haven't seen it a whole lot lower either. And I do occasionally look bc I've been considering getting rid of my blue dial SSW and picking this one up instead. You can get 10% off directly from Zodiac and 15% off from Watch Station as you said. If Watches.com ever gets that one in stock you will probably be able to use a 20% off code but I don't think they've had it thus far. I don't know where you live but if you are anywhere near a brick and mortar Watch Station that sells Zodiac (call ahead bc not all of them do), you might be able to get a better price on this. I really wish they would start selling Zodiacs online for the same price they are in the stores. Another option is at the link below for $876. The guy that runs the site is named Marc Rabinowitz and he has a store in NY called Mark Time. He can also be emailed at MarkTimeNY@gmail.com. I've seen one or two bad reviews for him but the majority are good. He doesn't typically have the watches on hand but he can get them within a matter of weeks. I've chatted with him on the site below and he was very helpful but I've never done business with him. If you ever see this watch super cheap, please let me know. I'd probably be interested.

https://www.watches-swiss.com/Zodiac-ZO ... 23286.html

Also, one bit of good news is that these non-bracelet models are now mostly compatible with the bracelets. Previously they were not. Here is a pic of the ZO9207 with the bracelet from a ZO9208 or ZO9206.

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:14 pm
pgcity wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:34 am
Unfortunately I haven't seen it a whole lot lower either. And I do occasionally look bc I've been considering getting rid of my blue dial SSW and picking this one up instead. You can get 10% off directly from Zodiac and 15% off from Watch Station as you said. If Watches.com ever gets that one in stock you will probably be able to use a 20% off code but I don't think they've had it thus far. I don't know where you live but if you are anywhere near a brick and mortar Watch Station that sells Zodiac (call ahead bc not all of them do), you might be able to get a better price on this. I really wish they would start selling Zodiacs online for the same price they are in the stores. Another option is at the link below for $876. The guy that runs the site is named Marc Rabinowitz and he has a store in NY called Mark Time. He can also be emailed at MarkTimeNY@gmail.com. I've seen one or two bad reviews for him but the majority are good. He doesn't typically have the watches on hand but he can get them within a matter of weeks. I've chatted with him on the site below and he was very helpful but I've never done business with him. If you ever see this watch super cheap, please let me know. I'd probably be interested.

https://www.watches-swiss.com/Zodiac-ZO ... 23286.html

Also, one bit of good news is that these non-bracelet models are now mostly compatible with the bracelets. Previously they were not. Here is a pic of the ZO9207 with the bracelet from a ZO9208 or ZO9206.

Thank you for the excellent info as always to you [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] and [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] . I didn't know the bracelets didn't fit before and assumed they always did. That very watch on picture sold on ebay for USD 899( Linked here https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zodiac-Super-S ... _cvip=true)

I'm assuming the bracelet by itself would be USD 100-200 extra? I think whoever bought it got a good deal with the bracelet. Are they available separately for purchase anywhere online?

I am in Malaysia and the closest Zodiac's AD is in Japan which is a 6-8 hour flight. I am planning for a short holiday around June next year to Indiana and saw they have a few ADs there. 2 ADs are about 2 hours away from where I probably be putting up but haven't contacted them yet.

I have no reference point on what prices/discounts, if any, are typically given by an AD there.In Malaysia authorized ADs for luxury watches give anywhere between 15-30% from the advertised list prices. I've never seriously checked on them but on the very few occasions that I have randomly dropped in, that seems to be the average.

I've not heard of watches-swiss till both of you pointed it out . It'll be another site i'll monitor from now on and let you know if i can find cheaper. Thank you.
Bergbergs
MoT Member

Post by Bergbergs »

Bbrou33 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:17 am
yinzburgher wrote:I was able to get to the Wind-Up Watch Fair in NYC yesterday and talked to the reps at the Zodiac table. They were definitely helpful, knowledgeable, and excited about where the brand is going. You can see more about what they had to tell another Zodiac fan HERE. It includes some talk about work on a STP GMT movement and more releases of the Aerospace. What he told me about the Aerospace is that the winner of this earlier poll from Zodiac's Instagram Story is the one pictured below.....the Orange Creamsicle GMT, if you will. I didn't think to ask him about future editions of their GMT being renamed as Super Sea Wolf rather than Aerospace. I've seen some speculation that there could have been some pushback from Breitling about rights to the Aerospace name. He also mentioned that they will be releasing a World Time based on the vintage reference you see below. I imagine it will be plenty popular. I'm also going to try to attach a pic for a new all black SSW with blue accents. He told me that it was not PVD or DLC but rather some type of ion plating that is layered on in four different directions in a way that offers stronger protection against scratching and chipping while still keeping costs down. It's not a model I have any interest in buying but I'm always excited to see new stuff and more variety. Also, if you haven't seen the new bracelets on the Grandrally, it's worth a look. They are adjusted by hand. In the video below from Page and Cooper, you can see it being adjusted around 3:40. He fumbles about with it a bit. But the guy at the Zodiac table definitely had zero problem. I watched him remove a link and resize the bracelet in roughly 4 seconds....with his hands. He says they are hoping to make more bracelets this way but that it's going to be trickier with jubilee bracelets. I can't remember everything else I talked about with them. I was just excited to be there and talking to people that were enthusiastic and knowledgeable about this stuff. Maybe I'll post a something separately with all my pics and thoughts from the fair. But in case I don't, I'll just say that if you get a chance, you should definitely go. It was exciting to talk watches and to see all the new releases and try them on.

I was hoping to get out there yesterday but couldn't. Maybe later this afternoon if I'm lucky!

Just got my Grandrally today and was stumped on how to shorten this bracelet. Oh lord I am happy I stumbled upon this post in this thread!
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

So sadly, I come here with another issue I'm now having with my black Friday 2018 jetomatic.
I go to set the time this morning and while turning the crown it stops "catching" and I can't advance it past a certain point. The crown free spins and feels like something is stripped. However I can reverse time, then go again for a moment until it feels "stripped" again and free spins.
Here's a video I just took. Besides contacting watch station again, am I doing anything wrong??

Edit: the watch does advance in time if I let it run. But doesn't advance if I try to set it

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Bbrou33 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:39 am So sadly, I come here with another issue I'm now having with my black Friday 2018 jetomatic.
I go to set the time this morning and while turning the crown it stops "catching" and I can't advance it past a certain point. The crown free spins and feels like something is stripped. However I can reverse time, then go again for a moment until it feels "stripped" again and free spins.
Here's a video I just took. Besides contacting watch station again, am I doing anything wrong??

Edit: the watch does advance in time if I let it run. But doesn't advance if I try to set it

I have admired Zodiacs from a distance, but the seemingly common quality issues have kept me from pulling the trigger on buying one...
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Bbrou33 wrote:So sadly, I come here with another issue I'm now having with my black Friday 2018 jetomatic.

I'm still having issues on mine hence the reason I stopped wearing it months ago, despite it being to the service center twice. Not sure what I'm going to do, currently it's a $500 paperweight
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Bbrou33 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:39 am So sadly, I come here with another issue I'm now having with my black Friday 2018 jetomatic.

That sucks. No, I can't imagine you're doing anything wrong. I'd be willing to be bet that a competent independent watchmaker would be able to diagnose and fix the problem but you really shouldn't need one. Zodiac/Fossil should be able to take care of this. A high failure rate for these movements and poor results from the service center are a pretty terrible combination. Good luck with it.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Just submitted the service request and hopefully getting it to USPS today.
It's pretty sad the quality of these movements.
Thanks for your internet support

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Repost from other thread

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

As much as I want to love this brand, I really think I'm giving up on it.
My Jetomatic is currently out for repairs for the second time in a year, which I've already discussed. But now I just received a new Grandrally and while I love it and it appears the watch itself is working great, the clasp is defective.
The spring bar that catches the clasp to hold it in place, also on occasion goes out too far, causing the clasp to get stuck closed. Pictured is me using a good bit of strength not being able to open it.
Using a spring bar tool to depress it also doesn't always work. Last night the watch was stuck ok my wrist for several minutes while I tried getting it off.
Also, the ability to use the micro adjustments on this clasp feels impossible. I've never had so much trouble sizing micro adjustments. I was only barely able to move them 1 slot. With my in between links sized tiny wrist, I tend to heavily rely on micro adjustments for a good fit.

I want to like this watch. I want to like this brand. The watch is beautiful. The quick adjusting bracelet is actually really great imo. Resizing the bracelet was incredibly easy! The clasp looks awesome as well! But it's impossible to wear the watch if I can't open it to get it on or off.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how this may be fixed? I have until January 10 to return the watch back to watch station.

Venting session over

Thanks for listening

ImageImageImage

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

If I understand the problem correctly, you may try to file down the corner of the tab that you lift up with your fingernail until it slides easily past the opposite side of the clasp. It may not sit flush anymore, but it's unnoticeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MtnMdc
Has thanked: 0

Post by MtnMdc »

I hit my 53 skin on a wall and and now the bezel won't rotate. I know that the bezel is messed up, but dont want to send it to fossil to get the bezel replaced and have to wait forever. Is there a watch maker that is good, can get the parts and replace them in a reasonable amount of time? I live in Alaska. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk