We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:11 am
Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:How are you liking the NATO? I am waiting for jacket weather (90°F here today) so I can rock the Velcro over a jacket lol.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I love it so far. Super comfortable and barely notice it on my wrist. I tried the Velcro strap for fun, I dig the over jacket idea! Over on Omega Forums is a post on how to wrap it comfortably. I'd really like to try a leather Nato strap too. Yeah, this weather is ridiculous. 75 in Monterey and pushing 90 in Gilroy!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I had forgotten that you were in the bay. We should probably grab some of our watches, and grab a few beers in Burlingame sometime. That way we can go check out some watches at Toppers too lol.

We can now be those weirdos who show up to a bar with watch rolls and shoot the ****. We are speedy bros now.

For sure, that would fun! I think we may have some other Bay Area folks around here too. Not sure I want to go to Toppers with you... I think we would enable each other to buy something. Haha

Vostok complaint today. Switched over to the canvas strap and loving this watch.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 pm
Stretch44 wrote:
I love it so far. Super comfortable and barely notice it on my wrist. I tried the Velcro strap for fun, I dig the over jacket idea! Over on Omega Forums is a post on how to wrap it comfortably. I'd really like to try a leather Nato strap too. Yeah, this weather is ridiculous. 75 in Monterey and pushing 90 in Gilroy!

I had forgotten that you were in the bay. We should probably grab some of our watches, and grab a few beers in Burlingame sometime. That way we can go check out some watches at Toppers too lol.

We can now be those weirdos who show up to a bar with watch rolls and shoot the ****. We are speedy bros now.

For sure, that would fun! I think we may have some other Bay Area folks around here too. Not sure I want to go to Toppers with you... I think we would enable each other to buy something. Haha

Vostok complaint today. Switched over to the canvas strap and loving this watch.
I don't have a Vostok so in the back of my mind I keep thinking that I need to try one. But when I see your yellow Vostok I feel like I NEED that watch :o . If that the factory bezel or aftermarket? It looks great either way!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I am back to trying to work within the Legion rules during the week (football on the weekends has been an issue), so I grabbed my Deep Space Snoopy Timex from the deals thread for today. As I was dropping my son off this morning I noticed on of his friends having a really bad start to the day. He was sobbing. He's a little space buff so I showed him my watch and things seemed to get better. Next thing I know there were several little kids looking and asking about it.

So thanks Legion, for indirectly brightening a kids day!
IMG_8098.jpg
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:33 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:11 am I had forgotten that you were in the bay. We should probably grab some of our watches, and grab a few beers in Burlingame sometime. That way we can go check out some watches at Toppers too lol.

I don't have a Vostok so in the back of my mind I keep thinking that I need to try one. But when I see your yellow Vostok I feel like I NEED that watch :o . If that the factory bezel or aftermarket? It looks great either way!
Thanks, but I can't take credit for the find. [mention]Rabirnie[/mention] was posting picks of his and I just had to have it. The yellow is just awesome. Bezel is factory, only mod is the canvas strap.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:I am back to trying to work within the Legion rules during the week (football on the weekends has been an issue), so I grabbed my Deep Space Snoopy Timex from the deals thread for today. As I was dropping my son off this morning I noticed on of his friends having a really bad start to the day. He was sobbing. He's a little space buff so I showed him my watch and things seemed to get better. Next thing I know there were several little kids looking and asking about it.

So thanks Legion, for indirectly brightening a kids day!
IMG_8098.jpg
Love this story! So cool and you are subtley engraining WISdom into these kids as well. So fun that something as simple as a watch can brighten an kids day.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:

Don't worry bud. We have to agree to leave the CCs at home and just window shop. Just bring enough cash for brews and foods.

And your right, we should look into a bay area meet up. It would be cool to time it with one of toppers after hours events. I went to the Zodiac release last year and it was pretty cool.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Deal thread compliant today with the Codek. Just sized the bracelet and brushed the center links this morning. The brushing could use another go though.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I've been pretty tired lately. Let's see if 30oz of coffee will wake me up.
IMG_20191024_092043.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

After looking a a couple of chronos in the watchbox, I had to go with the MoT watch today!
IMG_8102.jpg
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

2216A5C0-F3A6-42B6-99C4-EEB21B64AF75.jpeg
Parnis Batman GMT. Not compliant, but it will be some day. Wearing this one one the request of my daughter who calls this ‘the clicks one’...
Stupid Tapatalk. Hit a file upload limit. I am not sure if that is new or not.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:12 pm After looking a a couple of chronos in the watchbox, I had to go with the MoT watch today!
IMG_8102.jpg
These give me a warm feeling inside every time someone posts a picture of one. I may have to do some black dialed versions of this watch while I figure out how to process the dials with radium on them.

I am very excited to get more MoT watches and dials out into the world.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Carnivore compliance. At the club for BBQ lunch. Tri tip, pork loin, Italian sausage, and salmon. Beautiful day in Monterey too. Doesn't get much better.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Carnivore compliance. At the club for BBQ lunch. Tri tip, pork loin, Italian sausage, and salmon. Beautiful day in Monterey too. Doesn't get much better.
Looks delicious! Also, out of curiosity, do you use the included strap tool every time you change straps on the speedy? I forgot about mine and haven't used it and was later pissed at myself lol.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:05 pm Looks delicious! Also, out of curiosity, do you use the included strap tool every time you change straps on the speedy? I forgot about mine and haven't used it and was later pissed at myself lol.

Yes, I do! I paid for so I might as well use it. It's nice, has a little weight to it compared to some of the other ones I have.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Field Watch Friday means my Glycine Combat 6...which I generally like, but here you can see how it plays "hide and seek" with the hands sometimes.
IMG_8128.jpg