LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Relying on the seldom used pet compliance today with the NTH/BSH Carolina. This watch is just so good.
ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Don't ever let anyone tell you I'm not high class. :lol:

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:01 pm Don't ever let anyone tell you I'm not high class. :lol:

The champagne of chronographs.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Pic from earlier today and cross post with WRUW.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Field Watch Friday and beverage compliance. For now. . .

There will surely be more beverages and possibly a watch change or 3.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I originally posted this in the "Incoming! What have you got in the mail?" I have no idea why... it's been a long week in the office. Thank god it's Friday.

Anyways, Compliance, I don't care about compliance!

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Stretch44 wrote:I originally posted this in the "Incoming! What have you got in the mail?" I have no idea why... it's been a long week in the office. Thank god it's Friday.

I wouldn’t worry about compliance with that beauty either! Drool worthy every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:47 pm I originally posted this in the "Incoming! What have you got in the mail?" I have no idea why... it's been a long week in the office. Thank god it's Friday.

At this point we probably didn't think anything of it and figure you have another one incoming :lol:
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch motivated me to wear this one. I am throwing in some carnivore compliance with bacon for dinner. You heard that right. Bacon for dinner. I don't need no sides!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I waited until the family went to bed to post today. The things I do in the name of "compliance ;) "

My father is the least materialistic person I have probably even known. He has had zero interest in watches since he started carrying a cell phone. Well, a few weeks ago he gave me a Seiko that he wondered if he purchased in Vietnam while serving in the war. It is quartz, so I don't think so based on when he was there. I can't get the case back off to change the battery. Last Saturday he gave be a bag full of watches, one of which belonged to his neighbor who passed away. This watch, which I am calling Seiko #2, seemed to have been worn until the jubilee bracelet came apart. My dad had no idea that it looks quite like a Rolex Day-Date...he just thought it was a good looking watch.

He asked me how Seikos are currently regarded then goes on to say that while in Vietnam many Vietnamese would grab the wrist of US soldiers who wore Seikos, just to get a look...and that they had a genuine appreciation for the brand. That is all he ever needed to know about watches.

I wore this all day and enjoyed it. It's nice to know that I have a couple of watches that my father wore. This crystal is in pretty bad shape, but other than that I think it actually looks better than the picture shows.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:33 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:47 pm I originally posted this in the "Incoming! What have you got in the mail?" I have no idea why... it's been a long week in the office. Thank god it's Friday.

At this point we probably didn't think anything of it and figure you have another one incoming :lol:
Haha, well there are a couple of pieces I have my eye on...
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:06 pm I waited until the family went to bed to post today. The things I do in the name of "compliance ;) "

My father is the least materialistic person I have probably even known. He has had zero interest in watches since he started carrying a cell phone. Well, a few weeks ago he gave me a Seiko that he wondered if he purchased in Vietnam while serving in the war. It is quartz, so I don't think so based on when he was there. I can't get the case back off to change the battery. Last Saturday he gave be a bag full of watches, one of which belonged to his neighbor who passed away. This watch, which I am calling Seiko #2, seemed to have been worn until the jubilee bracelet came apart. My dad had no idea that it looks quite like a Rolex Day-Date...he just thought it was a good looking watch.

He asked me how Seikos are currently regarded then goes on to say that while in Vietnam many Vietnamese would grab the wrist of US soldiers who wore Seikos, just to get a look...and that they had a genuine appreciation for the brand. That is all he ever needed to know about watches.

I wore this all day and enjoyed it. It's nice to know that I have a couple of watches that my father wore. This crystal is in pretty bad shape, but other than that I think it actually looks better than the picture shows.

That watch looks great and the story makes it even better! My dad isn't into watches at all, his hobby is SASE, which is cool. For those that aren't familiar, he dresses up as a cowboy and does shooting contests. My grandfather was way into clocks, so I guess I got my watch thing from him.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm Stretch motivated me to wear this one. I am throwing in some carnivore compliance with bacon for dinner. You heard that right. Bacon for dinner. I don't need no sides!

Just bacon for dinner, that is ridiculously wonderful!
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:I waited until the family went to bed to post today. The things I do in the name of "compliance ;) "

Awesome story and an awesome watch to go with it! I love these kind of things, so thanks for sharing! As far as the crystal goes, some polywatch will help clear it up, or in a pinch, some toothpaste might do the trick. Super cool looking Seiko day/date though.