We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:13 pm Back to back posts with a watch change and some beverage compliance. Cheers to the weekend legion!
ImageImage

She's a beaut...
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Rabirnie wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Rabirnie wrote:Beverage compliant again tonight. Anyone else having issues with likes and other features/functions on Tapacrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, a few things. Yes I cannot like posts, thought I was logged out, dunno what that's about.

Great whiskey choice, and the ice sphere takes it to the next level.

Lastly, that's a great looking watch you have there![emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Ice spheres have been a solid addition to the home bar. I bought a few packs of the molds on clearance through JCrew of all places last summer.

As for the whiskey, it’s been a pleasant surprise. Much like the big boom in craft beer, whiskey/bourbon is almost impossible to keep up with all the good bottles out there. I’m also a bit screwed because most of the decent bottles are on huge markups/allocation in my area and it drives me nuts. Perfect example: last year I could get McKenna 10 for $30 and now it’s impossible to get here and if it is in stock is going for $100+. I mean it’s good but it’s not $100+ good.

Anyone have any bottles they would recommend?

Michters Bourbon or even their Rye are great pick ups for about$40-50. I like the rye better which is odd. I typically am not a huge rye fan.

Today for Seiko Saturday!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Seiko powered Saturday and will definitely be beverage compliant later on. Hoping we can make it out to a brewery and catch a bluegrass band.

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Rabirnie wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:Okay, a few things. Yes I cannot like posts, thought I was logged out, dunno what that's about.

Great whiskey choice, and the ice sphere takes it to the next level.

Lastly, that's a great looking watch you have there![emoji6][emoji106]

Ice spheres have been a solid addition to the home bar. I bought a few packs of the molds on clearance through JCrew of all places last summer.

As for the whiskey, it’s been a pleasant surprise. Much like the big boom in craft beer, whiskey/bourbon is almost impossible to keep up with all the good bottles out there. I’m also a bit screwed because most of the decent bottles are on huge markups/allocation in my area and it drives me nuts. Perfect example: last year I could get McKenna 10 for $30 and now it’s impossible to get here and if it is in stock is going for $100+. I mean it’s good but it’s not $100+ good.

Michters Bourbon or even their Rye are great pick ups for about$40-50. I like the rye better which is odd. I typically am not a huge rye fan.

Michter’s Rye is actually reasonably priced and I might finally have to give in and grab a bottle of it. Pretty sure the bourbon is a bit steeper down here though. Drives me nuts.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Rabirnie wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote:
Rabirnie wrote: Ice spheres have been a solid addition to the home bar. I bought a few packs of the molds on clearance through JCrew of all places last summer.

Michter’s Rye is actually reasonably priced and I might finally have to give in and grab a bottle of it. Pretty sure the bourbon is a bit steeper down here though. Drives me nuts.

Really?? Most places here sell them side by side for same price. I only bought the rye as just because but I'll definitely probably get through 2 bottles of the rye before I finish the bourbon. Really great for the price.

Strap and shorts change. Added a strawberry margarita and lounging in central park.

ImageImage

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Rabirnie wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote:Michters Bourbon or even their Rye are great pick ups for about$40-50. I like the rye better which is odd. I typically am not a huge rye fan.

Really?? Most places here sell them side by side for same price. I only bought the rye as just because but I'll definitely probably get through 2 bottles of the rye before I finish the bourbon. Really great for the price.

Strap and shorts change. Added a strawberry margarita and lounging in central park.

ImageImage

Digging the orange NATO on the turtle and the strawberry margarita looks like a tasty treat to enjoy in the park!

BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

I'm compliant! Woohoo. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Rabirnie wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote:Michters Bourbon or even their Rye are great pick ups for about$40-50. I like the rye better which is odd. I typically am not a huge rye fan.

ImageImage

Stay safe brother. According to my extensive research(watching law & order SVU) you have about a 92% chance of being both raped and murdered if you hang out there too long.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Double wristing it for the space launch! I'm deeming both watches compliant due to special circumstances.
ImageImage

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Just watched the launch with my son and wore the Speedy.

mrb12186
MoT Member

Post by mrb12186 »

Beverage compliant this evening. Some good friends in the neighborhood are moving to NY next week so I’m pulling out a few of my special occasion beers. Image

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Watched the launch earlier with our 2 year old. Her reaction, “that’s cool.” Then straight back to her puzzles. Apparently, space endeavors are not at the top of her priority list. Definitely made me feel like a kid again.

Made a change this afternoon to get out of the house and enjoy some bluegrass at a local brewery.

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

mrb12186 wrote:Beverage compliant this evening. Some good friends in the neighborhood are moving to NY next week so I’m pulling out a few of my special occasion beers. Image

Those brews are looking pretty tasty! I’ve seen you post here before but welcome aboard to the Legion! Great pic of some great beers and a minty fresh Traska. How are they in the flesh?

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

mrb12186 wrote:Beverage compliant this evening. Some good friends in the neighborhood are moving to NY next week so I’m pulling out a few of my special occasion beers. Image

Hell yea! Had a 2015 BCBS and 2016 Concentration the other night. The concentration was sooooooo good

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

I don't have a watch that has the word Seiko on the dial.

Compliance achieved through the heads up thread and adult beverage:

Just my $0.02 USD as always.