LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sussa wrote:The one that started it all for today. My first mechanical watch, purchased over 8 years ago. The Raketa UFO is still running strong. Recently swapped the dressy black leather strap with this one to make it more WFH appropriate.
PXL_20201116_163425582.jpg
You continually impress me with how eclectic your collection is. I too bought a Soviet watch as my first mechanical. They are truly the gateway drug of the watch world. Looks awesome to boot!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Mod compliance with a strap change.
I think I am gonna have to make this watch permanently non-compliant. Every time I see it, I get tempted. I'll wait until I see it in person before I make a decision, but you have been warned.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mod Monday compliant with the Inveiko STD. Haven't worn this in quite some time, yet I still dig it. The future is ours, the WATCH DEALS are OURS. CAN YOU DIG IT?!?!?
ImageImage

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

The Forstner moved to the Merkur for Mod Monday. I would love to have another watch with this ST19 column wheel chrono inside. The movement was worth the price of admission. Don’t stop running now!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sneaking back in for a second round of mod Monday. Had quite a few adult beverages and was in a good place. Wife checked the mail and my hand sets had arrived! But wait, I have drank way too much to tackle hand setting, that's a morning project. Fak it! Too excited! Shouldn't have worked out, but it did. Still gonna try some other hands out, but at least I know the rest of the build works.

ImageImage

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:55 am Sneaking back in for a second round of mod Monday. Had quite a few adult beverages and was in a good place. Wife checked the mail and my hand sets had arrived! But wait, I have drank way too much to tackle hand setting, that's a morning project. Fak it! Too excited! Shouldn't have worked out, but it did. Still gonna try some other hands out, but at least I know the rest of the build works.

ImageImage

That looks great! Now I sort of want a "semi impermeable" watch :lol: !
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Took a morning stroll with Cousin It... I mean my daughter. Finally have some chilly weather here in SC (low 40s in the morning [emoji12]).

Tool watch Tuesday with the Wolbrook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:55 am ImageSent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Love that waffle dial. I need something like that in my collection.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Tool watch compliant
PXL_20201117_173733285.jpg
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Seeing all of the NTHs reminded me how much I love the case ;) .

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Timex Tuesday Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

My $22 ebay gamble arrived today and I feel like I struck the timex jackpot with a second great deal. I was impressed by the $250 Timex I got for $65, but didn't expect to love the $77 field watch I got for.. 2/7 of the price I guess!

This is a solid looking and feeling small-seconds field watch. Absolute classic looks. Even the numerals are painted to look like radium, but obviously they're not since this uses the quintessential Timex Indiglo, which looks great. Thought 38mm size would be too small, but its perfect. Edit case size is 40mm thats why i think it looks great on my fat wrists hah!. The case is perfectly shaped and proportioned and even sports a great bronze-ish color. The leather NATO is super soft and the hardware matches the watch case color too. This just saved me from dropping almost $300 on one of those Vario kickstarter watches! No joke.

Its still on sale for $21.79 by the way
Scruffy believes in this forum
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Tool Watch Tuesday compliance.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Sup, Legion. Putting my little princess to bed. Poor thing has her first cold of the season and her first since COVID hit. Kids have had almost no colds since March. Social distancing work for more than just COVID. Anyway, Tool watch compliance.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I know, I know. It's been like 24 hours since I built this watch, but the hands weren't doing it for me. Still have 3 different sets incoming, but so far, these new ones are winning. Also, I have learned that I can now remove and install movements and hands after several whiskeys!! Cheers legion!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

flypanam wrote:Timex Tuesday Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

My $22 ebay gamble arrived today and I feel like I struck the timex jackpot with a second great deal. I was impressed by the $250 Timex I got for $65, but didn't expect to love the $77 field watch I got for.. 2/7 of the price I guess!

This is a solid looking and feeling small-seconds field watch. Absolute classic looks. Even the numerals are painted to look like radium, but obviously they're not since this uses the quintessential Timex Indiglo, which looks great. Thought 38mm size would be too small, but its perfect. Edit case size is 40mm thats why i think it looks great on my fat wrists hah!. The case is perfectly shaped and proportioned and even sports a great bronze-ish color. The leather NATO is super soft and the hardware matches the watch case color too. This just saved me from dropping almost $300 on one of those Vario kickstarter watches! No joke.

Its still on sale for $21.79 by the way
This watch is really freaking cool! It's like it's two different watches depending on the indiglo. Still not sure how that works, but Damn it's really awesome.

Also, bonus points for the Breakin' 2 reference.