As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:I’d like to get all the moon watches, but I’m afraid the Bulova is possibly the only one that’s achievable. I guess that’s why a grail is called a grail. ;)
Nah man, you just have to shift your priorities. For example, do you really need to eat EVERY day? Is family really THAT important? Is riding the bus THAT bad? Do I really NEED two kidneys?

Obviously kidding, but I am sure you will get your grails one day. Hopefully it's because this site takes off and you make all the money. Lord knows you deserve it!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Dub Rubb wrote:
ManOnTime wrote:I’d like to get all the moon watches, but I’m afraid the Bulova is possibly the only one that’s achievable. I guess that’s why a grail is called a grail. ;)
Nah man, you just have to shift your priorities. For example, do you really need to eat EVERY day? Is family really THAT important? Is riding the bus THAT bad? Do I really NEED two kidneys?

Obviously kidding, but I am sure you will get your grails one day. Hopefully it's because this site takes off and you make all the money. Lord knows you deserve it!

I know you're joking but that's literally how I live my life. Every non watch purchase I make, I compare to buying a watch instead. Like "oh here's a new $1200 fridge, sure looks nice. But boy I could get a really nice watch for that [emoji848] "
Last edited by AndroidIsAwesome on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:

I know you're joking but that's literally how I love my life. Every non watch purchase I make, I compare to buying a watch instead. Like "oh here's a new $1200 fridge, sure looks nice. But boy I could get a really nice watch for that [emoji848] "
Watches are really my only luxury item in my life. I am otherwise incredibly frugal. I was hanging out drinking with a buddy recently and realized my situation. I told him "bruh, I am wearing $15 khaki shorts from Costco, a $7 polo from target, Adidas from the outlet and an effing Omega. WTF?"

He responded "I am wearing shorts from Marshalls, a purple rain t-shirt from target, Adidas slips from an Amazon lightning deal and a Tag F1"

We both laughed about it, and it caused some reflection. I don't care about other nice things, just my watches. My phones have always been under $200 and last 3-4 years, I shop at discount grocery stores, I pack my lunch every day, have the cheapest cell phone plan, use the cheapest laptop I could find, drive a modest car, cook dinner for the wife and I rather than going out(although we still do, that is an indulgence we both enjoy) and just generally don't overspend on anything. . . except for watches. I guess we all have our vices. At least watches have great resale amirite?!?

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:Here are a couple more movement shots for you Stretch. I just wish tapatalk didn't compress them so much.
ImageImageImage

This post should be flagged as erotic content. Pictures of that movement do funny things to me ‘down there’. Am I the only one?

Beautiful movement. Not that you would ever do this, but I almost wonder if you can flip the movement so that the dial is hidden against your wrist. Who needs to time things or know what time it is when you can get lost in this mechanical marvel?
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Sporkboy wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:Here are a couple more movement shots for you Stretch. I just wish tapatalk didn't compress them so much.
ImageImageImage

This post should be flagged as erotic content. Pictures of that movement do funny things to me ‘down there’. Am I the only one?

Beautiful movement. Not that you would ever do this, but I almost wonder if you can flip the movement so that the dial is hidden against your wrist. Who needs to time things or know what time it is when you can get lost in this mechanical marvel?
Aren't cell phones for telling time anyway? [emoji2369]

Too many deals. Not enough wrists.

Insta me: bbrou33
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Technically compliant on Mod Monday (bracelet changed out for a CW clearance strap)

I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

This works as mod-Monday material. The strap is not original.
IMG_0174.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mod Monday compliant with my most recent build. Alpha case, ETA 2824-2, Esslinger bracelet, BSH gilt relief dial, hour and minute hands from One Second Closer and seconds hand from eBay.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:Mod Monday compliant with my most recent build. Alpha case, ETA 2824-2, Esslinger bracelet, BSH gilt relief dial, hour and minute hands from One Second Closer and seconds hand from eBay.

Sexxxxx

ossamanity
MoT Member

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by ossamanity »

Non compliant today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Timex Tuesday
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ossamanity wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm Non compliant today.

I'd say a dive watch is a tool watch, so you're complaint in my book.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Speedy Tuesday.
Last edited by Stretch44 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Baseball compliant
Beer compliant too but no beer pics
LET'S GO YANKEES!

ImageImage

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
ossamanity wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm Non compliant today.

I'd say a dive watch is a tool watch, so you're complaint in my book.
X2 just use that bezel to time something and you're good! Or not, either way, TWT compliant.