We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Help Needed Finding PC Sport/Dive Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: Help Needed Finding PC Sport/Dive Watch

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:
Boourns wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:29 am Edit to add: TAG aquaracer or Formula 1. Both are quartz, so not necessarily the best values.
This is a good suggestion. I completely forgot that this aquaracer nightdiver is titanium. They definitely meet the entry level luxury requirement. With some TAGs like blacked out F1s you have to be careful though bc they will be listed as titanium on a lot of retailer sites. But it is often a steel case with a titanium shell and then a PVD coating on top. Weird question but what does your brother have against steel? Does he just want something super lightweight?
It is just the combo of larger size and lightweight.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Sporkboy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:51 pm I hadn’t considered a G for this as I don’t follow them. Thank you for the leads there.

The ProMasters are pretty good looking from the few I have seen on the subway. Quite impressive to me.
The high end MR-G's and maybe the G-Steels would work if he likes that aesthetic. Also in the Casio world, there's at least one black Oceanus. The Oceanus's are highly regarded for punching above their weight, and are technically impressive.

synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

This is the gshock that I saw before,looks tempting

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

synequano wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:59 pm This is the gshock that I saw before,looks tempting
If you want to go even more up market in the G's, there's the MT-G's like this one:

Down in price a bit, there're are quite a few G-Steel's.

Or you could go with a square digital. I love the new distressed version that's a limited edition, and IMO, several hundred dollars too expensive at $1000.