We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Best TV Show

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: Best TV Show

Post by peskydonut »

pdsf wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:35 pm
peskydonut wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:26 pm Just finished the second season of Stranger. Oh my goodness! If you're into criminal/legal thrillers, this will be your jam. It will take some investment though, especially if you're a slow reader like me. The show is Korean with English subtitles and they talk pretty fast, so get ready to pause and rewind.

On Nextflix:
https://www.netflix.com/title/80187302

This site has a useful list of characters so you can figure out who the heck is involved in which conspiracy:
https://asianwiki.com/Stranger_(Secret_Forest)

Does it end with a massive cliffhanger? Friends didn't tell me about that when I watched Kingdom (another great Korean show btw) and I had to wait a year for season 2 to come out to find out what happened!! It was torture. :)
Yeah, Peaky Blinders does that to me. They leave on a cliffhanger and then it's like 2yrs till the next season. By the time it comes out I've already forgotten what the show is about (gangsters).

No, both seasons have their own resolutions. Feels like season 2 left some room for (hopefully) a season 3, but definitely resolved the main arc.
Living a comeback montage.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

peskydonut wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:10 pm
peskydonut wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:26 pm Just finished the second season of Stranger. Oh my goodness! If you're into criminal/legal thrillers, this will be your jam. It will take some investment though, especially if you're a slow reader like me. The show is Korean with English subtitles and they talk pretty fast, so get ready to pause and rewind.

On Nextflix:
https://www.netflix.com/title/80187302

This site has a useful list of characters so you can figure out who the heck is involved in which conspiracy:
https://asianwiki.com/Stranger_(Secret_Forest)

Does it end with a massive cliffhanger? Friends didn't tell me about that when I watched Kingdom (another great Korean show btw) and I had to wait a year for season 2 to come out to find out what happened!! It was torture. :)
Yeah, Peaky Blinders does that to me. They leave on a cliffhanger and then it's like 2yrs till the next season. By the time it comes out I've already forgotten what the show is about (gangsters).

No, both seasons have their own resolutions. Feels like season 2 left some room for (hopefully) a season 3, but definitely resolved the main arc.
Thanks! I will give it a go. And also Peaky Blinders (I love the flat caps). So much to watch, so little time.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

pdsf wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:58 pm
peskydonut wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Thanks! I will give it a go. And also Peaky Blinders (I love the flat caps). So much to watch, so little time.
Curious to hear how you like it!
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

OMFG! I just discovered Aunty Donna on Netflix. Amazing.

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Okay are there any other long-time star wars fans out there just absolutely losing their **** at every single new episode of The Mandalorian for the last 4 episodes or so??! (ESPECIALLY today's episode?)

Pic related to last week, only marginally to today's episode.
Scruffy believes in this forum
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

flypanam wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:01 am Okay are there any other long-time star wars fans out there just absolutely losing their **** at every single new episode of The Mandalorian for the last 4 episodes or so??! (ESPECIALLY today's episode?)

I finally started watching last week so I’m only four episodes into the first season. My wife wasn’t interested and our son is two young, so I’m going it alone. I’m really enjoying it.
Last edited by Split-Time on Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

flypanam wrote:Okay are there any other long-time star wars fans out there just absolutely losing their **** at every single new episode of The Mandalorian for the last 4 episodes or so??! (ESPECIALLY today's episode?)

As someone who saw the first star wars when it was originally released in theaters, had the action figures, the original millennium falcon toy, an At-At, etc etc.....

Yes. This show has me pretty excited every episode. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

mplsabdullah wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:11 pm
flypanam wrote:Okay are there any other long-time star wars fans out there just absolutely losing their **** at every single new episode of The Mandalorian for the last 4 episodes or so??! (ESPECIALLY today's episode?)

As someone who saw the first star wars when it was originally released in theaters, had the action figures, the original millennium falcon toy, an At-At, etc etc.....

Yes. This show has me pretty excited every episode. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Nice! I grew up watching the movies on VHS with my dad til the tapes basically burnt out haha. And I definitely remember having a huge millennium falcon toy and an ATAT as well,, not to mention i don't even know how many figures, but that was in the early 90s. Glad to see all the callbacks to the originals.

I started watching the clone wars TV series too because in season 2 of mando there are a lot of references to events from that show. It weirded me out at first since its animated and in the beginning its very... "kiddie" but it matures somewhat and I got used to the animation. I'm actually liking it more than the actual prequel movies.

And I'm also waiting for a good star trek series to come out that isn't "the orville". I really don't like discovery. Maybe Favreau will tackle trek next haha.
Scruffy believes in this forum
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

flypanam wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:01 am Okay are there any other long-time star wars fans out there just absolutely losing their **** at every single new episode of The Mandalorian for the last 4 episodes or so??! (ESPECIALLY today's episode?)

The Mandalorian is excellent.

The reveal of Bo Katan the other week was great as is last weeks episode with Ahsoka Tano. I'm rewatching it at the moment. I have to admit I had to Google Beskar Steel last week when I saw the fight between Ahsoka and Grand Admiral Thrawn's minon. Although I do think it could have been better if Ashley Eckstein had been cast as Ahsoka Tano.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rocat wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:55 pm

The reveal of Bo Katan the other week was great as is last weeks episode with Ahsoka Tano. I'm rewatching it at the moment. I have to admit I had to Google Beskar Steel last week when I saw the fight between Ahsoka and Grand Admiral Thrawn's minon. Although I do think it could have been better if Ashley Eckstein had been cast as Ahsoka Tano.
Spoiler alert!. :lol: :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Rocat wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Spoiler alert!. :lol: :lol:
Sorry! I was stoked about the past episodes. I promise I won't reveal anything about this weeks episode. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Favreau has done an outstanding job with the series. I think it's because he's very creative and obviously an SW fan who gets what it was that made the IV, V, and VI so great. Too bad that he wasn't in charge of the last SW trilogy instead of Abrams. The plot was terrible.

Although I've heard that Favreau has a lot of influence with what's going on at Disney right now with upcoming SW projects. We should cross our fingers.
cheesetime
MoT Member

Post by cheesetime »

I've been watching Lucifer after someone recommended it on this thread (might have been @ManOnTime but I couldn't find the original post). Its good, original and a nice twist on the typical "cop show." I'm only about mid way thought he second season but enjoying it so far.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Wasn't me, I've never watched Lucifer. :)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cheesetime
MoT Member

Post by cheesetime »

Haha. Well I recommend it if you're looking for a new show.