We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:
pdsf wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:00 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:20 pm Just watched the Joker. Plenty disturbing......moreso than I thought it would be. It's difficult to say I really "enjoyed" it. Maybe a bit. "Appreciated" it might be a better way to say it. It certainly had the intended effect. Anyway, my next movie will involve more sunshine, unicorns, and rainbows. [emoji274][emoji882][emoji304][emoji90] I found a poo emoji too so I'm throwing that in there as well.
Little Miss Sunshine?

The poo emoji is almost always appropriate when talking about anything to do with life.
Truth.

I'm up to my nipples in poo emojis over the last year.
But 2020 shall be all rainbows, bro!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

pdsf wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:00 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:20 pm Just watched the Joker. Plenty disturbing......moreso than I thought it would be. It's difficult to say I really "enjoyed" it. Maybe a bit. "Appreciated" it might be a better way to say it. It certainly had the intended effect. Anyway, my next movie will involve more sunshine, unicorns, and rainbows. 🌞🦄🌈💩 I found a poo emoji too so I'm throwing that in there as well.
Little Miss Sunshine?

The poo emoji is almost always appropriate when talking about anything to do with life.
Yea, something like that just to get me back to equilibrium. Or maybe a Disney cartoon, Air Bud, Care Bears, or one of those Hallmark movies my mom watches. Something like Little House on the Prairie re-runs would probably be too dark right now.

Good to know man. I haven't really utilized the poo emoji very much thus far in my life. I'm kind of a noob. But I just noticed today how good-natured it seems. Quite the affable poo. A poo of positivity if you will. Certainly in comparison some angrier poos I can recall. 💩
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I watched Knives Out the other day. I liked the twists and turns.

It was funny to watch a Southern, pudgy, James Bond.

The family arguing about who gets what will be my family. But with a lot less money involved. My Sister and Brother are already mad that I have Power of Attorney and am in charge of our Mothers Trust. Mom informed my Sister two days ago that she was removed as Trustee and that I replaced her. Oh, my Sister went CRAZY. lol

When Mom passes, many, many years from now, there will be lots of arguing and back stabbing by my Sister and Brother. I plan to read out the Trust and her Will, then sit back, eat some popcorn and watch those two go at it.

To me, Knives Out was more of a documentary with some humor thrown in. lol
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Yep, Knives Out is a gem. What a cast!

Daniel Craig hid his accent very well. I pay close attention to actors who are not native American English speakers to see whether they lose control of their British/Australian/German accent. He nailed it, IMHO. Foghorn Leghorn, lol.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I plan to watch this movie tonight.
51KGHM7ESWL._AC_SY445_.jpg

If any of you are my age, 50, then maybe you saw this in the theaters when you were much younger. Since the movie is on another web site, Admins let me know if I violate any rules. But I plan to post the links to it here. If you like Don Knotts and Tim Conway then you'll love this movie. My kids and I watch this one from time to time and laugh our heads off.

The peaches scene while they talk to Mr. Uwatsum makes me laugh a lot. As a young kid I could never get enough of Hilda, the Upstairs Maid and Mistress Phyllis Morley. Basically the movie is about two Dingbats bumbling through a murder investigation.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rocat wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:54 pmAdmins let me know if I violate any rules.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

tommy_boy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:24 pm
Thanks for posting. Ruffalo is one of my favourites. Interestingly, Bill Pullman is listed as one of the main cast members yet he is not featured in the trailer.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time in a long while. Thoroughly enjoyed and gonna watch Temple of Doom now. I'm staying away from the news and enjoying catching up on older movies.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Stretch44 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 pm Just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time in a long while. Thoroughly enjoyed and gonna watch Temple of Doom now. I'm staying away from the news and enjoying catching up on older movies.

Just stop before you get to the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Haha, I've seen it. I don't really consider it when thinking of Indy. Aliens? The Last Crusade was my favorite as a kid.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:59 am
Dub Rubb wrote:
Also, effing 5th element is one od the few movies I ALWAYS watch when I see it on.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
My coworkers have a habit of leaving the lights off so they can see monitors better. I walk through their area and flip the lights on because I can’t stand it dark inside a building. I yell “Aziz, light!” I doubt any of them know why I say that.

@robotazky
LOL.

I saw that "The Fifth Element was coming on tv tonight so I set it to record on the DVR. As I did that, I yelled out, "Aziz, light!". It made me laugh.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Stretch44 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 pm Just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time in a long while. Thoroughly enjoyed and gonna watch Temple of Doom now. I'm staying away from the news and enjoying catching up on older movies.
There's a big snake in the plane Jock!

Oh, that's just my pet snake Reggie.

I hate snakes Jock! I hate them!

Come on. Show a little back bone will ya?

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

Asps! Very dangerous. You go first.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I have to admit I like raunchy comedies. The other day I watched a movie off the Roku channel called "Behaving Badly". I laughed a lot. But then again, it doesn't take much for me to think something is funny. If you have the channel and you like raunchy humor, then by all means you should give it a go.

It has Cary Elwes, Patrick Warburton, Gary Busey, and Dylan McDermott plays the funniest Sleaze Ball I've seen in a while. Elizabeth Shue is funny as well. I'm not trying to oversell it but it was very funny to me.
wrlxe-AD104553-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1538349047831._UY500_UX667_RI_V2PtUUcBw5PE4VGC0DdzXcFSdCmMCnWO5_TTW_.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rocat wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:48 pm
Robotaz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:59 am
Dub Rubb wrote:
Also, effing 5th element is one od the few movies I ALWAYS watch when I see it on.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
My coworkers have a habit of leaving the lights off so they can see monitors better. I walk through their area and flip the lights on because I can’t stand it dark inside a building. I yell “Aziz, light!” I doubt any of them know why I say that.

@robotazky
LOL.

I saw that "The Fifth Element was coming on tv tonight so I set it to record on the DVR. As I did that, I yelled out, "Aziz, light!". It made me laugh.
If it was possible to rename the Google Assistant trigger, "Aziz" would be close to the top of my list.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody