We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Hyperlink to bottom of page

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Hyperlink to bottom of page

Post by watchpalooza »

Hi MoT,

When I click into a page of a thread, the page loads scrolled up to the top of the page. This means I must every time scroll down to the bottom to the current post. Is there a way around this that perhaps I am missing? On a PC it is no problem, but on mobile devices it can be cumbersome. I typically use Tapatalk on my phone so no issue, but prefer to view the full site on my ipad. I did notice that there is a link (up arrow) in the footer of every post that takes the user to the top of the page. Perhaps it would be possible to add another next to it (down arrow) to take the user to the bottom of the page or latest post?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Hyperlink to bottom of page

Post by MoT »

FTE wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:12 pm Hi MoT,

When I click into a page of a thread, the page loads scrolled up to the top of the page. This means I must every time scroll down to the bottom to the current post. Is there a way around this that perhaps I am missing? On a PC it is no problem, but on mobile devices it can be cumbersome. I typically use Tapatalk on my phone so no issue, but prefer to view the full site on my ipad. I did notice that there is a link (up arrow) in the footer of every post that takes the user to the top of the page. Perhaps it would be possible to add another next to it (down arrow) to take the user to the bottom of the page or latest post?

If you click on the circled image on a thread with unread posts, it will take you directly to the first unread.

[img][/img]

I hope I understood your request correctly.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Hyperlink to bottom of page

Post by watchpalooza »

Thank you!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr