We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Tapatalk losing my place

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
baldrick
MoT Member

Tapatalk losing my place

Post by baldrick »

Hi, team.

Another day, another tapatalk issue (yeah, yeah, I should just use the browser, I know [emoji3]) - wondering if anyone else is having the same or a similar problem.

Usually, tapatalk "remembers" where you've reached in a thread and, the next time you log in, you're taken to that spot.

The last few weeks, however, that seems to have stopped working. I'm taken e.g. to the first post in the deals thread (which sometimes, weirdly is not post # 1, but post # -8 or some other negative number).

Not the end of the world, but a bit irritating, especially on the longer threads such as the deals thread.

I've tried logging out, unfollowing and re-adding. Can't seem to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Tapatalk losing my place

Post by TheJohnP »

baldrick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 am Hi, team.

Another day, another tapatalk issue (yeah, yeah, I should just use the browser, I know [emoji3]) - wondering if anyone else is having the same or a similar problem.

Usually, tapatalk "remembers" where you've reached in a thread and, the next time you log in, you're taken to that spot.

The last few weeks, however, that seems to have stopped working. I'm taken e.g. to the first post in the deals thread (which sometimes, weirdly is not post # 1, but post # -8 or some other negative number).

Not the end of the world, but a bit irritating, especially on the longer threads such as the deals thread.

I've tried logging out, unfollowing and re-adding. Can't seem to find a solution.

Any ideas?

(yeah, yeah, I should just use the browser, I know [emoji3])
??
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Yeah it's happening to me on tapatalk as well. But that's just because tapatalk is complete garbage, so I just use the MoT website on chrome on my phone instead, I have a shortcut setup on my homescreen to it.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Any ideas?

Use the browser?

The mobile version of this site is pretty robust and we do have a notification system, etc.

Any issue with Tapatalk is 99.9% of the time on Tapatalk's end. All we do is install a script/plug-in which allows them to access this site.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

TheJohnP wrote:

Any ideas?

(yeah, yeah, I should just use the browser, I know [emoji3])
??
I mean I know the immediate solution to Tapatalk problems is to stop using Tapatalk and I also know the web version of MoT works just as well (better?) anyway.

I'm just a creature of habit and, problems aside, find Tapatalk pretty convenient for keeping track on multiple fora.